What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim, a hit TVN drama from 2018, had us in stitches with its clever and funny plot. We all said “Aww” multiple times because of the adorable chemistry between Park Seo Joon and Park Min Young. Fans of What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim season 1 will likely be curious if there will be a season 2. Almost four years have passed since the last episode of the drama aired. Therefore, it’s exhausting for fans to wait. But now is the time to reveal everything that happened in season 2 of What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim.
Premiering in June of 2018, the drama starred Park Seo Joon and Park Min Young. The drama was an instant hit, and we’re still obsessed with it. One of the year’s biggest successes, this romantic comedy will have you laughing and crying at various points. It has gained thousands of followers and is now available on other platforms in different regions.
What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim Season 2 Release Date
The first season was a smash hit and was highly praised by critics, but the show really took off abroad after Netflix made it available in more countries. This show surpassed all others in Google searches in 2018. The effort put into Season 1 was appreciated by both the creators and the viewers. After such a successful season, fans were eager for new episodes. There have been no hints about a second season or an official announcement about a third episode in the franchise. The announcement will come later for fans of the show.
What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim Storyline
The first one involves the egotistical vice president of his family’s business, Lee Young Joon (Park Seo Joon). Young-Joon is the life of the party; he exudes confidence and intelligence. Confident to the point of hubris. Even though he appears flawless on the outside, Kim Mi So (Park Min Young), his personal secretary, is a crucial part of his daily routine. Mi-So is the ideal person—kind, modest, and practical.
They’ve been together for about a decade. But Mi-So wants to focus on her personal life, so she decides to leave her job and settle down. Her resignation, however, was not as smooth as she had hoped. Their story begins when Young-Joon proposes marriage to prevent her from leaving her job. They have never felt love for each other despite spending their entire lives together. However, Young-Joon does everything in his power to prevent the departure of his ideal secretary.
What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim goes beyond just being a funny or romantic movie. It’ll transport you back in time to meet the leads’ original connection. The fateful meeting that brought Young-Joon and Mi-So together. Watch the drama for the compelling storylines, touching moments, humorous characters, and gorgeous OSTs.
What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim Season 2 Cast and characters
- Park Seo-joon as Lee Young-joon / Lee Sung-hyun; Vice-chairman of Yumyung Group. He is handsome and capable, but his narcissism makes it difficult for Mi-so to work with him.
- Moon Woo-jin as 9-year-old Lee Sung-hyun
- Park Min-young as Kim Mi-so; A highly skilled secretary who has worked with Young-joon for nine years.
- Kim Ji-yoo as 5-year-old Kim Mi-so
- Lee Tae-hwan as Lee Sung-yeon / Morpheus; Young-joon’s older brother and a famous author. He has a crush on Mi-so.
- Bae Gang-yoo as 11-year-old Lee Sung-yeon
- Kim Byeong-ok as Chairman Lee; Young-joon and Sung-yeon’s father. Chairman of Yumyung Group.
- Go Se-won as young Chairman Lee
- Kim Hye-ok as Madame Choi; Young-joon and Sung-yeon’s mother
- Lee Soo-kyung as young Madame Choi
- Baek Eun-hye as Kim Pil-nam; Mi-so’s oldest sister who is a psychiatrist.
- Heo Sun-mi as Kim Mal-hee; Mi-so’s second oldest sister who is a urologist.
- Jo Deok-hyun as Kim Young-man; Mi-so’s father who is a rock musician.
- Kang Ki-young as Park Yoo-sik; President of Yumyung Group, the second-in-command after the vice-chairman.
- Hwang Chan-sung as Go Gwi-nam; A deputy in Yumyung Group who later transfers to Chi-in’s group.
- Pyo Ye-jin as Kim Ji-a; The rookie secretary to the vice-chairman, being groomed to replace Mi-so who has announced her resignation.
- Kim Ye-won as Sul Ma-eum; Yoo-sik’s secretary who is clumsy and careless, often comparing unfavorably to Mi-so.
- Hwang Bo-ra as Bong Se-ra; A section head in Chi-in’s team
Lee Yoo-joon as Jung Chi-in; A team leader in the vice-chairman’s office, who frequently organizes after-work gatherings.
- Lee Jung-min as Lee Young-ok; A member of Chi-in’s team, who has a strict adherence to dieting.
- Kim Jung-woon as Park Joon-hwan; A member of Chi-in’s team, who is bespectacled and brags about his university education.
- Kang Hong-seok as Yang Cheol; A secretary and chauffeur to the vice-chairman, he is a man of few words.
What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim Season 2 Trailer
The second season of What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim has many fans waiting for a trailer, but as we’ll see below, we won’t know when that will be until the show’s renewal is officially announced. The producers have been mum on whether or not the show will be renewed.