Rather than focusing solely on futuristic technology and surroundings, modern science fiction shows are expanding to include psychological themes, continuing the genre’s tradition of asking challenging issues about humanity’s collective destiny. One American series that fits this description, “Colony,” depicts a dystopian future while also incorporating dramatic elements. It was created by Carlton Cuse and Ryan J. Condal, with Cuse being the man behind “Lost.”
The drama centers on a family that battles tooth and nail to remain united in the wake of a strange alien invasion. The USA Network premiere of “Colony” was on January 14, 2016. We think it does a better job of capturing the dystopian spirit than any other series by depicting America under occupation. But before you go any further, here’s what the critics had to say: ” ‘Colony’ offers an engaging enough narrative, a few scares, and an overall good time, even if none of it is particularly original.”
Colony Season 4 Renewal Status
Since January 14, 2016, three seasons of the show are being made available to the public.
July 25, 2018 On July 25, 2018, the final season was made available. Unfortunately, the producers of Colony have confirmed that Season 4 will not be produced. The world’s viewers have just been dealt a devastating blow following this statement. Well, I’m still confused as to why this is happening. The audience, however, did not appear pleased.
Colony Season 4 Release Date
Within the first few episodes, Colony’s original narrative and tightly run cast manage to hook viewers. IMDb users have rated the series 7.4/10, and critics at Rotten Tomatoes have given it a score of 92%, demonstrating the show’s superiority. Many eager viewers have been counting down the days since the July 25, 2018, premiere of Season 3 of Colony. When will Season 4 of Colony be available to watch online? Is there going to be a season 4 of Colony, and if not, why?
Season 4 of Colony is probably not coming back. The fourth season of Colony was officially canceled on July 21, 2018, the final week of the season three premiere. The creators of The Colony have stated that this will be the series’ final season. The steadily dwindling audience was a major factor in the decision. The premiere date for Season 4 of Colony has not yet been announced.
Set in the not-too-distant future, the protagonists of the drama series Colony are a family that needs to make difficult sacrifices in order to remain united while also fighting to survive. They’ve settled in L.A. despite the fact that it’s being occupied by an alien invading force. Some people have chosen to disobey the government and bear the consequences, while others have chosen to work with the authorities and reap the rewards of the new order.
Colony Cast and characters
- Josh Holloway as Will Bowman: A former U.S. Army Ranger and FBI special agent initially working under the alias Billy “Sully” Sullivan as a truck driver and mechanic.
- Sarah Wayne Callies as Katie Bowman: Will’s wife and a secret Resistance operative.
- Peter Jacobson as Alan Snyder: The Proxy Governor of the Los Angeles Bloc and an unrepentant Collaborator.
- Amanda Righetti as Madeline “Maddie” Kenner
- Tory Kittles as Eric Broussard: A former U.S. Marine Corps Force Recon officer, CIA paramilitary operator, and private military contractor.
- Alex Neustaedter as Bram Bowman: Will and Katie’s teenage son
- Isabella Crovetti as Grace Kathryn “Gracie” Bowman: Will and Katie’s young daughter
- Jacob Buster as Charlie Bowman: Will and Katie’s younger son
- Kim Rhodes as Rachel: A doctor and Resistance cell member
- Paul Guilfoyle as Alexander Quayle
- Cooper J. Friedman as Hudson: Madeline’s diabetic son
- Carl Weathers as Bolton “Beau” Miller
- Ally Walker as Helena Goldwyn
- Kathy Baker as Phyllis
- Kathleen Rose Perkins as Jennifer McMahon
- Gonzalo Menendez as Captain Lagarza
- Erin Way as Lindsey
- Kathryn Morris as Charlotte Burgess
- Adrian Pasdar as Nolan Burgess
- Bethany Joy Lenz as Morgan
- Charlie Bewley as Eckhart
- Victor Rasuk as BB
- Carolyn Michelle Smith as Devon
- Mac Brandt as Sgt. Jenkins
- Jessica Parker Kennedy as Maya
- Max Arciniega as Edison
- Christian Clemenson as Dan Bennett
- Toby Huss as Bob Burke
- William Russ as Hennessey
- Laura Innes as Karen
- Keiko Agena as Betsy
- Meta Golding as Noa
- John Hoogenakker as Scott Garland
- Peyton List as Amy Leonard
- Graham McTavish as Andrew MacGregor
Colony Season 3 Recap
When Bowmans and Snyder departed Los Angeles, they thought their lives would be peaceful and quiet in the mountains, far from the prying eyes of the outer soldiers. But in an instant, everything changed. Will and Katie did everything they could to get in touch with the resistance, but they were unsuccessful.
Katie plans to become significantly more involved and will do a security assessment of the Resistance Camp. When the Resistance camp is sealed off, the people living there are in more danger than ever. Both of them attempt to keep their true identities hidden while being questioned. The Bowmans face peril on the road to their new house.
In the end, Will’s investigation into the Seattle colony’s hints leads him to a potentially dangerous discovery. After helping a refugee, Katie begins to wonder if she has made a mistake in her casework. With Will’s assistance, Broussard and Amy visit the operating room. The foursome then hatched a scheme to abduct the IGA agent, with Bram at the helm. In addition, Will makes a personal sacrifice to safeguard his loved ones, while Katie rushes to the aid of the refugees. Both Bram and Gracie have some major choices to make. Snyder tries to maintain order in a Colony despite the chaos of war.
Colony Season 4 Trailer
Check out the trailer for Season 3 of ‘Colony’ while we wait for Season 4 news.
Colony Season 3 Rating
Ratings are used as a yardstick by everyone. The popularity of a show among viewers is usually the strongest predictor of how long it will remain on air. The higher the scores, the safer the situation is. The show has been well received by critics and viewers alike, earning a 7.3/10 rating on IMDb and a 78% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
Where to watch Colony?
Netflix has the Colony TV show that you may watch.
Is Colony worth watching?
Colony, a new series on Hulu, is not to be missed by any science fiction aficionado. After their planet is destroyed, the show’s protagonists are exiled to a synthetic world. The program might not have the most innovative premise, but it is well-made and interesting nonetheless.