Season 2 of the Australian-American adult animation TV show Smiling Friends is possible. The premiere episode of the first season, which Zach Hadel and Michael Cusack produced, will debut on April 1, 2020. It was an April Fool’s Day joke, as you could have guessed. There are eight episodes in the first season of Smiling Friends, and each one lasts about 11 minutes. It was also intriguing to learn that the first episodes were planned to be broadcast weekly but were instead released simultaneously.
In Smiling Friends, Charlie and Pim work for Smiling Friends Inc., a firm whose mission is to spread joy, by connecting with clients over the phone or in-person to help them sense better and tackle the chaos of their own life. They work with the show’s main characters and the show’s personnel. In Season 2 of Smiling Friends, we hope to see these familiar faces again.
Smiling Friends Season 2 Renewal Status
On January 10, 2022, the debut episode of the first season was broadcast. Earlier, a 2021 premiere date had been set for the series. However, the release date has been put back to 2022. With the exception of the one-off episode, Adult Swim served as the show’s official broadcast partner. The animated adult series was also taken up by multiple streaming services. The American and Canadian streaming rights were acquired by HBO Max and StackTV, respectively. Nonetheless, the show was well-received after the premiere of its first season. The creators of Smiling Friends thought it looked good enough to contemplate making a second season.
Smiling Friends Season 2 was confirmed after careful deliberation. On February 9, 2022, the press release was withdrawn. As a result, a sequel will be released to the fans in the near future. However, new information about its progress has been scarce as of late.
Smiling Friends Season 2 Release Date
There is currently no set date for the premiere of Season 2. At this moment, we could be looking at a release date of late 2022. It is expected that the second season would also consist of eight episodes. No further details have been released by the creators.
While fans of Smiling Friends are eager for more episodes, no official word has been made concerning a second season from either the network or the show’s producers. Despite there being no official renewal at the moment, this does not always mean that it will be eliminated.
Smiling Friends Storyline
The humble group “Smiling Friends,” whose mission is to spread joy around the world, gets a straightforward request to help a mother make her sad son happy again. They entrust Pim and Charlie with the responsibility, but they quickly discover that the task is more challenging than they had anticipated. While everything is going on, Allan goes to the Smiling Friends office to look for his lost cheese.
Smiling Friends Cast
- Michael Cusack as Pim Pimling / Allan/ Mr. Pimling / Bliblie / Demon / Fairies / Grim / Ketchup / Mr. Frog / Pepper / Amy Pimling / Mrs. Pimling / Rex / Warren Buffett
- Marc M. as Mr. Boss / additional voices
- Zach Hadel as Charlie Dompler / Glep / Bliblie / Boss Baby / DJ Spit / Desmond’s Mum / Gnarly / Mip / Mr. Frog Fan / Mr. Peanut / Ronald Reagan / Salt / The Century Egg / The Devil / Charlie’s Grandma / Glep’s Grandchild
- David Dore as Party Bro / Forest Demon
- Mick Lauer as Bug / Guy at the Gym / Crazy Cup / Elf / additional voices
- Erica Lindbeck as Assistant / Jennifer the Barista / Mustard / The Princess
- Chris O’Neill as Smormu / Mr. Frog Auditionee
- Hans van Harken as Jimmy Fallon / Priest / Hell Faces / additional voices
- Rodrigo Huerta as Guy In Line / Jacob the Goblin / additional voices
- Joshua Tomar as Centaur / Grandpa Glep / Cop / additional voices
- Harry Partridge as Smormu Announcer / Grease / 3D Squelton
- Mike Stoklasa as Desmond / himself
- Finn Wolfhard as Man Living in Wall / various Bliblies
- Nick Wolfhard as Graham Nelly / various Bliblies
- Tom Fulp as Alpha
- Jane Badler as Celebrity Show Host
- David Firth as Shrimp
- Dylan “Chills” as Patron
- Jason Paige as Dream Singer
- Perry Caravello as Simon S. Salty
- Monica Franco as Charlie’s girlfriend / Waitress
- Jim Knobeloch as Mystery Show Host
- Clyde Boraine as Policeman
- Lyle Burruss as Mr. Man
- Gilbert Gottfried as God
- James Rolfe as himself
Smiling Friends Season 2 Plot
The final episode of “Smiling Friends” took place at the airport. The cast was nearly at the hotel, where they could unload their luggage. But things became even worse when Pim failed to book a room at the hotel. He reasoned that Allan must have made the reservation ahead of time. They had no choice but to try making reservations on the spot. The rooms were unfortunately unavailable to them because of high demand. Mardi Gras, a carnival festival, accounted for the full occupancy of all available lodgings.
The group then went to the airport’s restaurant to discuss the situation. The workers tried to get their boss to intervene but to no avail. It became impossible to find a place to stay in Brazil. As a result, they chose to catch the next aircraft back to the States. However, the group had no idea the jet would end up crashing so spectacularly.
The second season will continue directly from the conclusion of the first. There’s still something we don’t know about the plot. Fans also want the creators to think of new and exciting ideas. Aside from the hijinks, Season 2 of Smiling Friends could reveal more about the everyday working lives of the cast.
Smiling Friends Season 2 Trailer
There is still no Season 2 trailer available. You may check out the Season 1 trailer right now though!
Smiling Friends Season 1 Rating
I can attest to the fact that the series is quite nice if you’re curious but have never seen it. The show has a high Rotten Tomatoes score (95 percent) and a high IMDb score (8.8/10). As a result, I think this show is an absolute must. Check out the opinions of others if you’re on a decision about watching it.
Where to watch Smiling Friends?
Smiling Friends is only available to Adult Swim subscribers. It’s available with a cable TV subscription. You can also stream it on Hulu, the Adult Swim app, or the Adult Swim website.