I-Land is an American television series that is a science fiction thriller. Season 1 of I-Land was directed by Anthony Salter. Mike Frislev, Neil LaBute, and Chad Oakes serve as the show’s executive producers. So, how likely is a second season of I-Land? When will season 2 of I-Land be available to stream? Everyone wonders about this at some point. Reiterating that the first season had the likes of Kate Bosworth, Natalie Martinez, Kyle Schmid, Ronald Peet, Alex Pettyfer, Michelle Veintimilla, and Gilles Geary, among many others, among its cast. Each episode of the first season of “I-Land” lasted roughly 45 minutes, and there were a total of seven episodes. The premiere night was Wednesday, September 12, 2019.
Critics were so unimpressed with the show that they issued a statement saying, “The series is so bad that the only mysterious thing about it is the existence of the i-land shown in the show.” Nothing else about it is even remotely intriguing. Kate Bosworth, Morris Chapdelaine, Natalie Martinez, and Petros Danabassis are the show’s executive producers. In this article, we will provide you with the most recent information regarding the premiere date, possible main characters, and plot of I-Land Season 2. So, let’s dive right in!
The I-Land Season 2 Renewal Status
The first question we have is whether or not there will be a second season. There’s a pretty easy answer to that question: no. Since the show is a “limited series,” its producers and Netflix knew from the beginning that it would be the only season. Netflix (at least in the French zone) took to Twitter to announce the show’s cancellation after the first season. The account’s response to a fan who asked if there would be a second season was, “There is no follow-up.” It’s a short series. A single season, huh?
The I-Land Season 2 Release Date
On September 12, 2019, the first season of “The I-Land” debuted. The show’s science fiction premise masks a story about the human drive for survival. The fact that Neil LaBute has written thrillers and mystery-horror before is a huge plus for the program. In seven episodes, we see the gradual unwinding of a tightly wound mystery. With no clear way to piece together the characters’ backstories, we are left to wonder what drives them and pick apart their every word and deed.
The first season finishes on a cliffhanger, yet many mysteries remain. Since the show was originally planned as a limited run, its odds of being renewed are low. Don’t write off the idea of a second season of “The I-Land” just yet, though; weirder things have happened on TV.
The I-Land Season 1 Recap
In this series, the convicts are sent to a virtual reality world called “I-Land,” where their memories are wiped clean. As the story develops, one of them is murdered during an attempted rape by the other. The second one, named Chase, wakes up to find herself behind bars. She learns that they were subjected to a simulation designed to get them to act normally again. If a player dies in the game, they really do perish. She is taken back into the simulation program, but this time, authorities are beginning to retrieve inmates’ memories. As a result, there are significantly more fights and disagreements between the inmates. The key issue here is whether or not they could resume their previous habits.
The I-Land Cast and characters
- Natalie Martinez as Gabriela Chase, a military veteran imprisoned for her mother’s murder. While on the I-Land, she was made to believe she murdered her mother.
- Kate Bosworth as KC, a formerly abused wife, and waitress imprisoned for murdering her two sons.
- Ronald Peet as Cooper, a disfigured former military commander who became a farmer. He is married to Chase. He accidentally killed his mother-in-law during a struggle.
- Kyle Schmid as Moses, a former rights extremist who planned to make a statement by causing a gas pipeline explosion, but was arrested after he accidentally killed several workers touring the pipeline site.
- Sibylla Deen as Blair, a former nurse who practiced euthanasia, killing many of her patients by injecting potassium chloride into her patients’ IV bags.
- Gilles Geary as Mason, the gunman in a mass shooting at a supermarket. He planned on shooting himself after, but couldn’t muster the strength to do it.
- Anthony Lee Medina as Donovan, a dangerously obsessive man who killed a former coworker after being rejected.
- Kota Eberhardt as Taylor, a former bank robber with an easily manipulative nature. She attempts to escape I-Land and finds II-Land, an island inhabited by a cannibal.
- Michelle Veintimilla as Hayden, a former murderer of sex offenders of men who hurt women. She was killed by Clyde for murdering Brody.
- Alex Pettyfer as Brody, an incarcerated sex offender. He sexually violates and attempts to rape Chase and KC during his time in the I-Land program.
- Clara Wong as Bonnie, who gets stabbed in the throat by Chase during a struggle while she and Clyde try to kill Cooper.
- Keilyn Durrel Jones as Clyde, who stabs Chase in the stomach during a struggle while he and Bonnie try to kill Cooper.
- Bruce McGill as Warden Wells, the corrupt and powerful cowboy-style prison warden who tries to sabotage the I-Land program through Bonnie and Clyde.
- María Conchita Alonso as Mrs. Chase, Gabriela Chase’s mother, is accidentally shot in the head by Cooper during a struggle.
- Subhash Mandal as Doctor Conrad, the prison doctor who appears to be sympathetic to the main characters and their situation.
- Margaret Colin as Doctor Stevenson, one of the original neural architects of the I-Land and a member of the rehabilitation advisory board.
The I-land Season 2 Expected Plot
I-land was a one-off event, and unlike regular series, miniseries rarely get renewed for more episodes. Another factor in the producers’ decision to skip writing a sequel is the film’s dismal reception and reviews. The creators’ desire to create a sequel was dampened by these issues. The most we can do is make educated estimates right now. If a second season is ever developed, it will most likely follow a similar plot to the first, with one major difference: the inhabitants of I-land will have evolved. Both their histories and their states of mind will be unique.
The I-land Season 2 Trailer
The videos were taken from YouTube and imported here. It’s possible that the same material is available in a different format, or that you’ll discover more information, on their website. You may anticipate the trailer for season two to drop in the month before to the debut, should the show be renewed for a second season.