The Best Diet Tips to Lose Weight and Improve Health?
1. The best diet tip to lose weight is to find an eating pattern that you can enjoy the rest of your life and stick with it, rather than constantly worrying about what foods are allowed at any given moment.
2. There are no magic superfoods that give you a free pass to eat whatever you want – but there are some well-researched foods that have been shown in studies to aid fat loss and muscle gain when consumed as part of a healthy, balanced diet (e.g., green tea).
3. The second-best diet tip is to manage your expectations:
if you’re looking for a quick fix or highly restrictive plan, then you will be disappointed. Successful diets are ones that you can follow for the rest of your life, so aim to find one that allows you to eat foods you enjoy daily. We recommend flexible dieting.
4. Third on our list of the best diet tips is to drink more water – it’s simple but often overlooked. Aim to drink half your body weight in ounces each day (e.g., if you weigh 200lbs, drink 100oz). It will fill up your stomach with fewer calories and improve self-esteem too!
5. Fourth on our list is another simple tip:
eat breakfast! Research shows that eating a healthy breakfast helps reduce cravings throughout the rest of the day, prevents mindless snacking during work (or watching TV), and aids fat loss.
6. Fifth on our list is to stop eating while you watch TV:
it’s a mindless activity that will increase your calorie intake and promote weight gain (the average American watches 35 hours of TV per week!). Try listening to an audiobook or podcast instead.
7. Sixth on our list of the best diet tips for fat loss is to eat natural, unprocessed foods most of the time – fresh fruit & veg, lean meats/poultry, eggs, fish/seafood, nuts/seeds, beans/peas, etc.; avoid highly-processed items like white bread/rice/cereals, etc., sugary sweets and drinks, salty snacks, etc. You don’t have to track everything you eat but aim for at least 80% of your intake to be natural foods.
8. Seventh on our list is to avoid the junk food trap: stopping at a fast-food place because it’s convenient will seriously damage any efforts you have made towards nutrition and fat loss! So plan – order unhealthy items becomes an annoyance instead of a habit.
9. The eighth-best diet tip is to work out regularly – but this doesn’t mean training until you drop! Moderate intensity workouts are more effective for weight loss/fat burning than high-intensity sessions (e.g., HIIT). Aim for 3-4 workouts per week lasting between 45 & 60 minutes each. Remember, exercise alone isn’t enough, though – you also need to reduce your calorie intake.
10. Ninth on our list is to eat slowly:
it takes up to 20 minutes for your brain to realize that your stomach is full, so avoid inhaling food quickly! Plus, taking the time to enjoy every bite will decrease the likelihood of late-night snacking or mindless eating later in the day.
11. The tenth best diet tip for effective weight loss is to drink more water! Yes, we mentioned this earlier, but it’s important enough to warrant another mention… if you’re dehydrated, then fat burning and energy levels decrease. As a result, aim for half your body weight in ounces daily (e.g., 200lbs = 100oz) and increase this if you exercise regularly.
12. Lastly, essential diet tips for fat loss are staying positive and focusing on progress, not perfection! If you slip up and eat a burger, don’t beat yourself up about it – get back on track tomorrow. Remember, most people fail because they give up; we recommend aiming to lose 1-2lbs per week (you can aim higher or lower depending on your body type/goals).
Diet tips for beginners:
1. First up on our list of the best diet tips for effective weight loss is to avoid restrictive & unsustainable diets: if you’re looking for a quick fix or highly restrictive plan, then you will be disappointed. Successful diets are ones that you can follow for the rest of your life, so aim to find one that allows you to eat foods you enjoy daily. We recommend flexible dieting.
2. Second on our list of the best diet tips is to drink more water – it’s simple but often overlooked. Aim to drink half your body weight in ounces each day (e.g., if you weigh 200lbs, drink 100oz). It will fill up your stomach with fewer calories and improve self-esteem too.
3. Third on our list of the best diet tips for effective weight loss is to eat more protein: it takes longer to digest than carbs and fat, so consuming enough will keep you full for longer and prevent snacking/bingeing later in the day.
Protein is also thermogenic (it raises your metabolism), sparing muscle tissue. Protein also has other benefits, too – check out this article at Precision Nutrition (“What Does Protein Do For Your Body?”). Aim for 0.75-1g per pound of body weight daily (e.g., 200lbs = 150-200g).
4. Fourth on our list of the best diet tips for quick & sustainable weight loss is to eat breakfast daily – it will reduce cravings throughout the day. Plus, protein at breakfast has been shown to prevent weight gain better than carbs!
5. The fifth best diet tip for effective weight loss is avoiding fad diets – if it sounds too good to be true, then 95% of the time it is! They are usually highly restrictive and unsustainable, making them great for marketing but terrible for your long-term health. Instead, focus on an overall healthy lifestyle change you can follow forever.
6. Sixth on our list of the best diet tips is to avoid hunger: one of the most common reasons people give up on diets! So aim to eat small meals every 2-3 hours (.g., 5-6x per day), and avoid restrictive diets that leave you constantly hungry.
7. Seventh on our list of the best diet tips for effective weight loss is to drink water before every meal/snack – yes, it’s another one! But it really can reduce your appetite if you make drinking water a habit, which will stop you from eating unnecessary snacks throughout the day. It would be best to drink up to 1oz per pound of body weight daily (e.g., 200lbs = 100oz).