‘Runway de Waratte’ seems like it would be a Seinen about fashion and related topics based just on the concept. The reality, however, is far more complex. Aside from its many fashion-related motifs, “Runway de Waratte” tells the uplifting story of two people who are bound and determined to achieve their goals, no matter how difficult the road ahead may seem.
You’ll find yourself cheering on these characters and sharing in their small victories no matter your age or gender. You should definitely check it out if you haven’t already. If you are a fan of the show and have seen the first season, keep reading to learn more about the upcoming second season.
Smile Down The Runway Season 2 Renewal Status
There has been no official word on whether or if there will be a second season of Smile Down the Runway. With the first season having just concluded and plenty of source material still available, it’s likely that there will be a second. Despite this, Smile Down the Runway was a successful show, and a continuation is likely given the available information. There’s really no telling when it might occur.
Smile Down The Runway Season 2 Release Date
Runway de Warrate, or “Smile Down The Runway,” has only released its first season, which consists of 12 episodes. The anime debuted on January 10, 2020, and it was available through streaming services until March 28, 2020. Despite the lack of official word from the producers, it is safe to assume that they are planning on releasing Season 2 in 2023 if the enthusiasm of the fans is any indication.
Smile Down The Runway Storyline
In spite of their disadvantages, the story follows two teens named Ikuto Tsumura and Chiyuki Fujito as they pursue their ambitions of becoming successful fashion designers. Chiyuki’s ultimate goal is to become a model and walk in Paris Fashion Week. Despite her slender and sensuous body, some mock her aspirations because they think she is too short. Ikuto hopes to use his aptitude for sewing to launch a career in the fashion industry. Yet, he comes from a financially disadvantaged background.
Ikuto’s luck changes when he is offered a part-time position by fashion designer Hazime Yanagida. Ikuto takes the job so he can provide for his loved ones. Meanwhile, Chiyuki’s dad begs Ikuto to be her partner because the two of them went to school together and he hopes that Chiyuki will follow her aspirations regardless of how tall she is. Kokoro Hasegawa, a famous but timid model with a complex over her height, and Toh Ayano, a prodigy fashion designer who sees Ikuto as his adversary, also join them. Chiyuki and Ikuto need to cooperate if they ever want to realize their goals.
Smile Down The Runway Cast
- Ikuto Tsumura Voiced by: Natsuki Hanae, Misato Murai(young) (Japanese); Derick Snow(English)
- Chiyuki Fujito Voiced by: Yumiri Hanamori(Japanese); Macy Anne Johnson(English)
- Kokoro Hasegawa Voiced by: Ai Kayano(Japanese); Dani Chambers(English)
- Toh Ayano Voiced by: Ryōhei Kimura(Japanese); Lee George(English)
- Hazime Yanagida Voiced by: Junichi Suwabe(Japanese); John Burgmeier(English)
- Kenji Fujito Voiced by: Kazuhiko Inoue(Japanese); Christopher Wehkamp (English)
- Shizuku Naruoka Voiced by: Fumiko Orikasa(Japanese); Stephanie Young(English)
- Yu Igarashi Voiced by: Yūko Kaida(Japanese); Colleen Clinkenbeard(English)
- Kaoru Kizaki Voiced by: Ayaka Fukuhara(Japanese); Elizabeth Maxwell(English)
- Ryūnosuke Eda Voiced by: Kōhei Amasaki(Japanese); Nazeeh Tarsha(English)
- Shōko Takaoka Voiced by: Keiko Han(Japanese); Luci Christian(English)
- Seira Voiced by: Yui Makino(Japanese); Madeleine Morris(English)
- Mai Ayano Voiced by: Mayumi Asano(Japanese); Casey Casper(English)
- Fumiyo Niinuma Voiced by: Ayaka Suwa(Japanese); Emi Lo(English)
- Yuriko Tsumura Voiced by: Houko Kuwashima(Japanese); Brianna Roberts(English)
- Honoka Tsumura Voiced by: Yui Ishikawa(Japanese); Leah Clark(English)
- Aoi Tsumura Voiced by: Hibiku Yamamura(Japanese); Trina Nishimura(English)
- Ichika Tsumura Voiced by: Hikaru Akao(Japanese); Jad Saxton(English)
Smile Down The Runway Season 2 Plot
If we look back at what has happened in the anime so far and where season one left off, we can say that season two will be a continuation of Chiyuki Fujita and Ikuto Tsumura’s struggle toward accomplishing their goals and how they will end up working hard for their dreams together, we will see the challenges they will face in life, how they will overcome them, and what kind of relationship they will develop as a result.
Smile Down The Runway Season 2 Trailer
If you haven’t seen the first season yet and want to join the ranks of the many people who can’t wait for season 2, you should definitely watch the trailer for it now.