The love drama “Romance is a Bonus” won over viewers’ hearts and minds, resulting in high TRP ratings and strong demand for a follow-up season. While viewers wait anxiously for season two of Romance is a Bonus, we have some news that may brighten your day if you’re a true believer in the show. The drama premiered in 2019 on Netflix and TvN, and the show’s two main characters are now among Japan’s most popular actors. The Korean drama was a huge success after it was released on Netflix. When people discuss the variety of available Korean dramas on Netflix, Romance is a Bonus is inevitably brought up as an example. Is there any word on when we might expect to see Season 2 of Romance is a Bonus, and will the drama ever return?
Romance is a Bonus Book Season 2 Renewal Status
A second season of “Romance Is a Bonus Book” is not in the works at this time. In the intervening two years, neither the filmmakers nor the actors have commented publicly. That’s strong evidence that the K-drama will return for a second season. After hearing nothing official from the production team, rumors regarding a second season quickly dwindled down. Lee Jong Suk’s final acting role was in the K-drama. He eventually joined the military. And it’s a triumphant return for Lee Na Young as an actress. Since the series concluded on a positive note and all loose ends were tied, it appears that the actors have permanently parted ways with their roles. And have either been busy with fresh acting gigs or enjoying some much-needed downtime.
Romance is a Bonus Book Season 2 Release Date
Season 2 premiere dates are still TBD as the show hasn’t yet been formally renewed. From January 26 through March 17, 2019, Romance is a Bonus Book aired its first season. The first season of this South Korean TV series consists of 16 episodes and was produced by Story & Pictures Media. While there may be a long wait for confirmation of its tentative next season, the show’s renewal is more likely than ever thanks to Netflix’s global exposure. It is likely that a new season will begin soon. The second season is expected to premiere in early 2020.
Romance is a Bonus Book Cast and characters
- Lee Na-young as Kang Dan-i, A former advertising copywriter and a current unemployed divorcee who later joins the publishing company as a temporary task support team member.
- Lee Jong-suk as Cha Eun-ho, A successful writer who is also the publishing company’s youngest editor-in-chief. He is a long-time friend of Kang Dan-i and harbours romantic feelings for her.
- Jung Yoo-jin as Song Hae-rin, The Lead Content Development Editor and trainer of the new recruits, including Kang Dan-i. She has long-standing feelings for Cha Eun-ho, her former trainer, but he does not reciprocate those feelings.
- Wi Ha-joon as Ji Seo-joon, A freelance book designer the publishing company is looking to hire, who also happened to cross paths with Kang Dan-i and later develops feelings for her. He and Cha Eun-ho have a turbulent relationship related to the conspiracy behind famous author Kang Byeong-jun’s retirement and their feelings for Kang Dan-i.
- Kim Tae-woo as CEO Kim Jae-min. He is a bit over-eager, and but an overall well-meaning boss.
- Kim Yoo-mi as Director Go Yoo-sun. She discourages Kang Dan-i’s efforts to become a part of the marketing team and keeps her busy with menial tasks around the office.
- Jo Han-chul as Bong Ji-hong. He is married to Seo Young-ah.
- Kim Sun-young as Seo Young-ah the marketing team manager who is married to Bong Ji-hong.
- Kang Ki-doong as Park Hoon, a talkative and eager-to-please new recruit on the marketing team.
- Park Gyu-young as Oh Ji-yool, a superficial and spoiled new recruit on the editorial team, with an overbearing mother.
- Lee Kwan-hoon as Lee Seung-jin
- Choi Seung-yoon as Bae Kwang-soo
- Lee Ha-eun as Chae Song-ee
- Lee Ji-ha as Hae-rin’s mother
- Oh Eui-shik as Hong Dong-min (Kang Dan-i’s ex-husband)
- Lee Ji-won as Hong Jae-hee
- Hwang Se-on as Kim Na-kyung
- Noh Jong-hyun as Oh Ji-yool’s ex-boyfriend
Romance is a Bonus Book Season 2 Plot
The final episode of “Romance Is a Bonus Book” season 1 tied up all of the loose ends. Only the development of Kang Dan I and Cha Eun Ho’s romance will carry over to the upcoming season. The potential highs and lows that await them, especially after Eun Ho meets Dan I’s daughter in Korea. Season 1 showed Dan that I was attempting to re-enter the workforce after seven years as a stay-at-home mom.
While tending to her family of husband and daughter. But now she’s destitute and hiding out in the broken-down basement of her own home. Cha Eun Ho was making an effort to keep his word and shield his father figure, the writer Kang Byeong Jun. Song Hae Rin was in love with Eun Ho and was trying to be a good employee, but she was terrible at disguising it. A graphic designer named Ji Seo Joon named Eun Ho a target of his surveillance. As he presses Eun Ho for information on the whereabouts of the writer Kang Byeong Jun, who vanished shortly after the publication of his most recent book. Oh Ji Yul and Park Hoon, two new interns at Gyeoroo, have their own problems.
Ji Yul’s mother constantly tries to babysit her, and Park Hoon finally finds a job after all these years. While CEO Kim Jae Min takes care of his family and assists Eun Ho, he does what he can to make the office a pleasant place to work. Even though she has acquaintances who are happily married, director Go Yoo Sun chooses to live independently. Manager Seo Young Ah and Editor Bong Ji Hong work through their relationship as a couple.
Romance is a Bonus Book Trailer
While waiting for confirmation about the future development of the series and its follow-up season, you can watch reruns of the original season on tVN (if it goes on rerun schedules) or stream it online via Netflix. Neither the original producers nor tVN nor Netflix has updated their accounts with news of a new season as of yet. You can check out the show’s official trailer right here if you’d like to get a jump on the first season or just get a feel for it before it premieres.
Where to watch Romance Is A Bonus Book?
You can now stream “Romance Is a Bonus Book” on Netflix. There are 16 episodes in the first season, and each one is approximately an hour long. Netflix subscribers may watch Season 2 now. As a result of its popularity, the streaming service has no plans to cancel the show anytime soon.