Reservation Dogs is a comedy-drama web series developed by Sterlin Harjo and Taika Waititi about a group of Indigenous American teenagers. In addition to being nominated for Best Comedy Series at the Critics’ Choice Television Awards, it has also won two Independent Spirit Awards.
On August 9, 2021, the series debuted on Hulu, distributed by FX on Hulu. The second season premiered on August 3, 2022, after being renewed for a second season in September 2021, and the show’s producers have already ordered a third season. When can we expect to see Season 3? What happens? Who is playing the main characters? If you want to know more about this, read on!
Reservation Dogs Season 3 Renewal Status
The third season of Reservation Dogs, a dramatic comedy about four Indigenous teenagers coming of age in rural Oklahoma, has been ordered. Reservation Dogs has been critically acclaimed during its first two seasons.
Reservation Dogs Season 3 Release Date
We have some encouraging news regarding the third episode. A third season of the show has been ordered. In September 2022, it was revealed that there would be a third season of Reservation Dogs. We have an announcement about the next chapter, but no release date as of yet. The creators have not yet confirmed it. It appears, however, based on the announcement of a third season, that there will be a new season, and that it will be released in 2023 or 2024.
The original cast and plot would be maintained, and there could even be some new faces. The teen stars are incredibly skilled, and the audience is eager to see what happens next. While everything is conjecture at this point, there is certainly enough interest in the show that the producers wouldn’t be taking a financial hit if they decided to make a second season.
Reservation Dogs Storyline
The show follows four pals who all have their fingers in the criminal pie amid the mean streets of Oklahoma City. After the passing of one of their pals, the gang resolves to uproot and set up shop in California, where the deceased had always dreamed of settling. As a tribute to their late buddy, the group does everything in its power to wrap up any loose ends and realize their friend’s final wish.
Reservation Dogs Cast and characters
- Devery Jacobs as Elora Danan Postoak. Named for the Willow character, she is the most responsible and driven member of the gang.
- D’Pharaoh Woon-A-Tai as Bear Smallhill. Bear sees himself as the “leader” of the Rez Dogs gang, despite being the only one in the group to think so.
- Lane Factor as Chester “Cheese” Williams. More laid back than Elora or Bear, he rolls with the flow of whatever mischief or misadventure comes his way.
- Paulina Alexis as Wilhelmina “Willie Jack” Jacqueline Sampson. A tomboy, she is very close with her parents.
- Sarah Podemski as Rita, Bear’s mother. A devoted single parent.
- Zahn McClarnon as Officer Big; a lighthorseman known for his patience with petty
- criminals as well as for his superstitious nature.
- Dallas Goldtooth as William “Spirit” Knifeman; a self-proclaimed warrior who died at The Battle of Little Big Horn
- Gary Farmer as Uncle Brownie, Elora’s uncle. While his former bar fights are legendary, he now lives in the woods as a hermit.
- Elva Guerra as Jackie, leader of the NDN mafia; grew up in the city and wants to return to urban life.
- Lil Mike as Mose, half of a local rap duo along with his brother.
- Funny Bone as Mekko, the other half of the local rap duo.
- Jack Maricle as White Steve, a member of the NDN mafia.
- Jude Barnett as Bone Thug Dog, a member of the NDN mafia.
- Xavier Bigpond as Weeze, a member of the NDN mafia.
- Dalton Cramer as Daniel, Willie Jack’s late cousin, and friend of the Rez Dogs, who died by suicide a year before the start of the show.
- Bobby Lee as Dr. Kang, the primary physician at the tribal clinic.
- Kirk Fox as Kenny Boy, owner of the local salvage yard
- Matty Cardarople as Ansel, a worker at the local salvage yard.
- Jon Proudstar as Leon, Willie Jack’s father. Since the loss of his nephew, he has become overprotective of Willie Jack.
- Kimberly Guerrero as Auntie B, Willie Jack’s aunt, a paranoid beadworker.
- Jana Schmieding as Bev, the clinic receptionist, and Jackie’s aunt.
- Casey Camp-Horinek as Irene, the grandmother Cheese meets at the clinic. She later becomes his foster parent.
- Kaniehtiio Horn as Deer Lady, a spirit in the form of a beautiful woman with deer hooves.
- Geraldine Keams as Mabel, Elora’s grandmother.
- Jennifer Podemski as Willie Jack’s mom
- Tamara Podemski as Teenie, Elora’s aunt
- Wes Studi as Bucky, an eccentric local artist
- Richard Ray Whitman as Old Man Fixico
- Bobby Wilson as Jumbo, who works at the weed dispensary
- Migizi Pensoneau as Ray Ray, Jumbo’s good friend
- Warren Queton as Clinton, Rita’s boss at the IHS Clinic
- Nathan Apodaca, as Uncle Charley, the “cousin uncle” Cheese lives with who is arrested in season 2
- Macon Blair as Rob
- Darryl W. Handy as Cleo
- Rhomeyn Johnson as Miles
Reservation Dogs Season 3 Plotline
Some “Reservation Dogs” episodes are hastily put together by Sterlin Harjo and his team, while others are completely discarded. Telling Vulture, “I really wish I had a plan,” he admitted, “I’m really struggling.” They say, “It’s very instinctual.” Keeping with his flair, Harjo hasn’t given anything away about what to expect from Season 3. Even so, knowing that there is a captive audience waiting in the wings undoubtedly helps. With “people are invested,” he continued, “which gives us some leeway.”
The conclusion of Season 2 leaves plenty of room for a follow-up season. Bear (D’Pharaoh Woon-A-Tai) of the Rez Dogs says he isn’t going back to Oklahoma after the group reaches California. Without a reliable mode of transportation, it appears that Bear, Elora (Devery Jacobs), Cheese (Lane Factor), and Willie Jack (Paulina Alexis) will remain in California for the whole of Season 3. What happens to Elora’s new home, if Jackie (Elva Guerra) moves back to the city, and whether or not Uncle Brownie (Gary Farmer) continues his spiritual journey with William Knifeman (Dallas Goldtooth) are just a few of the many unanswered questions back in Oklahoma.
While the future of Elora is still unclear, Jacobs gave Vanity Fair an exclusive sneak peek. “She’s let go of this really heavy thing,” the actor said. And now she’s making plans for the future. When do we get to the next part? I think she was the one that needed a lot of support in earlier seasons but didn’t know how to ask for it, and now she’s providing it for many of the people around her. The hijinks are also just plain “Res Dogs” in nature.
Reservation Dogs Season 3 Trailer
Since Season 3 has not yet begun filming, there is currently no trailer available. If you haven’t seen it yet, we’ve included the trailer for Season 2. Check it out.
Where can I watch Reservation Dogs?
You’re in luck if you want to experience “Reservation Dogs” for the first time or return to its touching, unusual, and often humorous universe because it’s highly accessible. The show debuted on the streaming service FX on the Hulu banner. The streamer now hosts both seasons, and it will almost certainly be the first to debut future seasons as well.