Mr. Queen is a popular show on South Korean television. The program was inspired by the popular Chinese web serial Go Princess Go. Yoon Sung-sik is the film’s director. The film features Kim Jung-hyun as King Cheoljong and Shin Hye-sun as Queen Cheorin. The drama follows King Cheoljong as he aspires to be a good monarch and Queen Cheorin as she realizes she has the heart of a modern man. From December 12, 2020, until February 14, 2021, tvN broadcast the first season of Mr. Queen every Saturday and Sunday at 21:00 (KST).
The premiere aired for the first time on December 12, 2020. Fans of Mr. Queen can’t wait for the second season and are eager for whatever details they may get. We can appreciate your enthusiasm, so we’ve compiled all the information you need to know about Mr. Queen Season 2.
Mr. Queen Season 2 Renewal Status
There has been no confirmation of a second season of Mr. Queen. Not only have fans not been given an update on the show’s renewal, but neither have broadcasters tvN Network, Crave Works, Studio Dragon, or YG STUDIOPLEX. In addition, it is currently unknown whether or not the series will continue. Nowadays, practically all K-dramas are being renewed for a second season, despite the fact that this was once quite uncommon. That means there will be a second season of Mr. Queen. Mr. Queen deserves a second season, what with all the buzz and viewership.
Mr. Queen has an outstanding academic record as well. IMDb gives it an 8.8/10, MyDramaList gives it an 8.9/10, and AsianWiki gives it a 93%. This is undeniable proof that a second season is required. However, supporters have been lobbying the network and the show’s creators via social media to renew the show for a second season. Trending content also includes social media posts.
Mr. Queen Season 2 Release Date
The producers of Mr. Queen have yet to disclose when the second season of the show with the same name would premiere. Even though the show has a great rating (8.8 on IMDb), there are very slim possibilities of renewing it for a second season. The only thing going for the public eagerly awaiting the second season is that it may follow the pattern of other Korean dramas and get aired somewhere in 2023.
However, we regret to inform you that Viki is highly unlikely to renew this Korean drama for a second season, given how long it has been since the first season’s premiere and how little we know about the planned second season.
Mr. Queen Storyline
In this contemporary setting, Jang Bond hwan is a chef for the country’s most powerful lawmakers at Blue House. He’s a bit of a wild one. He wakes up one day in the body of Joseon era Queen Cheorin. The current monarch, King Cheoljong, is a kind and relaxed individual. He is only a king in the title. The late king’s wife, Queen Sunwon, has true power in the country. King Cheoljong is now merely a figurehead thanks to her.
Kim Jwa Geun, her younger brother, is likewise ambitious and aims to rise to the top. Soon after becoming queen, Cheorin learns that King Cheoljong is not who he seems to be. His underbelly is dark and ominous. The show combines comedy and drama. Attempts by the contemporary chef to adapt to life in a female body lead to exciting new experiences. The political battles and romantic subplots both keep the audience engaged.
Mr. Queen Cast and characters
- Shin Hye-sun as Kim So-yong, Queen Cheorin
- Seo Eun-sol as young Kim So-yong
- Kim Jung-hyun as Yi Won-beom, King Cheoljong
- Kim Kang-hoon as young Yi Won-beom
- Cha Chung-hwa as Court Lady Choi
- Chae Seo-eun as Hong-yeon
- Yoo Min-kyu as Prince Yeongpyeong
- Lee Jae-won as Hong Du-il / Hong Byeol-gam
- Bae Jong-ok as Grand Royal Queen Dowager Kim
- Kim Tae-woo as Kim Jwa-geun
- Na In-woo as Kim Byeong-in
- Jeon Bae-soo as Kim Mun-geun
- Yoo Young-jae as Kim Hwan
- Song Min-hyung as Chief State Councillor Kim Byung-hak
- Kang Ji-hoo as Left State Councillor Kim Seok-geun
- Son Kwang-eop as Minister of Military Affairs Kim Chang-hyuk
- Seol In-ah as Jo Hwa-jin
- Jo Yeon-hee as Royal Queen Dowager Jo
- Ko In-beom Right State Councillor Jo Man-hong
- Kim Kwang-sik as Minister of Personnel Jo Deok-mun
- Sung Min-soo as Royal Secretary Jo Dae-su
- Choi Jin-hyuk as Jang Bong-hwan
- Lee Cheol-min as Director Han Pyo-jin / Han Shim-ong
- Kim Joon-won as Bu Seung-min
- Kim In-kwon as Royal Chef Man-bok
- Kang Chae-won as Dam-hyang
- Kim Ju-young as Oh-wol
- Son So-mang as Court Lady Kang
- Seo Hye-ryeong as court lady
- Ahn Ju-ri as court lady
- Kang Da-hyun as Hang Sim-hyang
- Yoon Gi-won as royal physician
- Yoon Jin-ho as Head Eunuch
- Lee Tae-gum as Eunuch Kim
Mr. Queen Season 2 Plot
The producers of Mr. Queen have maintained the season two plot a secret, leaving fans in the dark. All of the creators pursed their lips and avoided the question when a reporter asked them about the season two plot during a press conference.
The creators of Mr. Queen Season 2 may be considering a plot in which the show’s female chef switches bodies with a king from a distant age. Do you think it’s interesting? In any case, the choice as to whether or not the show will be renewed ultimately rests with the creators.
Mr. Queen Season 2 Trailer
Is there a sneak peek of Mr. Queen Season 2 anywhere online? It’s not, I’m afraid. There is no trailer for Season 2 of the popular show Mr. Queen because it has not yet been renewed. But we’ll keep you posted as more details become available to us.
Where to watch Mr. Queen Season 2?
Mr. Queen Season 2 will also premiere on TVN, where previous seasons are currently available.