For some time now, South Korean dramas have flooded the international film and television market. Fans adore these shows not only because they include gorgeous performers, but also because of the entire presentation and the delicate themes.
The most popular of these novels are those about young adults’ first serious romantic relationships. Such a drama is the nineteenth-century Joseon-era “Love in the Moonlight.” Both the presentation and the subject matter are grandiose. Fans of the first season of “Love in the Moonlight” are still excited about the possibility of a second season. After we finish explaining the show, we’ll get into that.
Love In The Moonlight Season 2 Release Date
The global acclaim for Love in the Moonlight is unparalleled. It launched on Netflix and KBS2 and quickly became one of the most-watched Korean dramas ever. However, despite the fact that it has been over five years since the first season was launched and became a major economic success, the creators of the show have still not returned with a second installment.
The producers’ final decision on whether or not to make Love in the Moonlight: Season 2 has not been made public. Season 2 of Love in the Moonlight has been eagerly anticipated by fans, who are among the growing number of viewers who have taken an interest in Korean dramas in recent years. The entertainment industry is notoriously unpredictable, therefore it’s impossible to forecast with any precision whether or not the show will be renewed.
Little disappointment is to be expected if you are the show’s biggest fan and have been eagerly awaiting a new episode. Whether or not the coming-of-age love drama will return for a second season is still up in the air, but we expect to hear something about the show’s future sometime in 2023. The next episode is still something we’re looking forward to. As news of the show’s renewal is made public, we will be sure to update you.
Love In The Moonlight storyline
South Korea’s ‘Love in the Moonlight,’ or ‘Gureumi Geurin Dalbit,’ is a coming-of-age romantic drama set during the Joseon dynasty of the nineteenth century. The series is based on Yoon Yi-soo’s acclaimed novel of the same name.
The first season focuses on the maturation of Crown Prince Lee Yeong. The servants despise him because he is the only successor to the throne. The eunuch Hong Ra-on, a girl who was reared as a boy by her mother, captivates his heart. She has a large social circle and enough life experience to see her through any challenge. She helps guys with their love lives by posing as a relationship counselor, whose name is Sam-nom. She uses the same alias when writing romance novels.
She meets Crown Prince Lee Yeong because she writes love letters for a living. Ra-on has no idea that Hong Ra-on is a woman, and he has no idea that Ra-on is the Crown Prince. Hong Ra-on becomes one of his eunuchs after the two fall in love with each other.
Love In The Moonlight Cast and characters
- Park Bo-gum as Lee Yeong: He is the only son of the King and heir to the throne.
Jung Yoon-seok as young Yeong
- Kim Yoo-jung as Hong Ra-on/Hong Sam-nom: Popular and street-smart, she was raised as a boy by her mother and makes a living by disguising herself as a male relationship counselor and romance novel author under the name Sam-nom.
- Kim Ji-young as young Ra-on
- Jung Jin-young as Kim Yoon-sung: Charismatic and poised, he is a scholar born to a powerful family
- Lee Hyo-je as young Yoon-sung
- Chae Soo-bin as Jo Ha-yeon: A lady ahead of her generation, she is proud, worldly, and straightforward.
- Kwak Dong-yeon as Kim Byung-yeon: A skilled swordsman and scholar, he is also the Head of the Royal Guard of the Crown Prince’s palace.
- Noh Kang-min as young Byung-yeon
- Kim Seung-soo as the King
- Seo Jeong-yeon as Queen Yoon
- Jeon Mi-seon as Park Suk-ui
- Jung Hye-sung as Princess Myeong-eun
- Heo Jung-eun as Princess Yeongeun, Lady Park’s daughter
- Kim Jin-yi as Pregnant court lady
- Jang Gwang as Eunuch Han
- Lee Jun-hyeok as Eunuch Jang
- Jo Hee-bong as Eunuch Sung
- Choi Dae-chul as Eunuch Ma
- Tae Hang-ho as Do Gi
- Oh Eui-shik as Park Seong Yeol
- Cha Joo-young as Ae Sim-i
- Jung Yoo-min as Wol-hee
- Chun Ho-jin as Kim Heon, Prime Minister
- Han Soo-yeon as Queen Kim
- Park Chul-min as Kim Eui-gyo, Minister of Personnel
- Bang Joong-hyun as Kim Geun-gyo, Minister of Taxation
- Jung Hae-kyun as Hong Gyeong-nae
- Kim Yeo-jin as Kim So-sa
- Lee Dae-yeon as Jo Man-hyeong, Minister of Rites
- Ahn Nae-sang as Jeong Yak-yong
- Ahn Se-ha as Master Jung Deok-ho
Love In The Moonlight Season 2 Trailer
If you want a taste of Season 1 of “Love in the Moonlight,” watch the trailer.
Love In The Moonlight Season 1 Review
The show’s fascinating plots and comedic moments keep viewers glued to their screens. Although the show is based on historical figures, it heavily fictionalizes their stories. Therefore, it is not advisable to investigate the period’s depiction in history.
Instead, the show suggests a happy ending for the couple. The principal actors are charming and hilarious, the plot is straightforward yet engaging, the score is stunning and impossible to resist, and the production values are superb. Love in the Moonlight is an engrossing love story for young adults.