When it comes to stories about love, romance, and comedy, Korean dramas are unrivaled. Such a show would be entertaining to you. K-dramas are well-liked because they often feature touching scenes, unanticipated romance, and tender exchanges between lovers. Fans of “Her Private Life,” like many other successful romantic comedy programs, were left wanting more following the season one finale. The premiere date, potential guest stars, and twisty storyline for Her Private Life Season 2 are all details you’ll learn about in this piece.
Her Private Life Season 2 Release Date
There were 16 episodes in the debut season of Her Private Life. The pilot aired on April 10, 2019, and the series finale will show on May 30, 2019. TVN aired every episode of the show. It’s been two years since the debut of this series, yet its fate is still unclear.
No decision regarding the show’s termination or renewal has been made as of yet. Season 2 will likely air, as evidenced by the show’s popularity and audience reaction. Achieving a 7.7 rating on IMDb is an outstanding feat for any filmmaker. So, we expect the second season of Her Private Life to premiere sometime around 2024. Furthermore, we will update you on the series as it progresses.
Her Private Life Storyline
Cheum Museum of Art chief curator Sung Deok-mi (Park Min-young) has a secret: she is a huge fan of White Ocean’s Cha Shi-an (Jung Jae-won). Her screen name is an acronym of the name of the popular fansite she manages, “The Road to Sian” (Korean: RR: Sianeun Naui Gil; lit. Sian is My Way). Artist Ryan Gold (Kim Jae-Wook) becomes distant and suffers from Stendhal syndrome, leading to his eventual retirement. Ryan Gold is appointed Art Director of the Cheum Museum of Art because the existing boss, Uhm So-hye (Kim Sun-young), is under investigation for theft.
After false rumors spread that Deok-mi and Shi-an are dating, Ryan recommends he and Deok-mi act like a couple to protect Shi-an from her devoted followers. Unfortunately for Ryan and Deok-mi, Um So-hye’s spoiled daughter Kim Hyo-jin (Kim Bo-ra) is interning at the museum to prove Cha Shi-an is a fake under the alias Sindy, much to her mother’s disapproval. They develop feelings for one another.
Her Private Life Cast
- Park Min-young as Sung Deok-mi / Sinagil: The chief curator at Cheum Museum of Art who often does not get credit for the work she does under Director Uhm, an incompetent socialite.
- Park So-yi as young Sung Deok-mi
- Kim Jae-wook as Ryan Gold / Heo Yoon-je: The standoffish new art director of Cheum Museum of Art who is very strict and he is allergic to caffeine.
- Choi Go as young Ryan Gold
- Ahn Bo-hyun as Nam Eun-gi: An Olympic silver medalist in judo who opens his own gym and becomes an instructor.
- Yang Hee-won as young Nam Eun-gi
- Park Jin-joo as Lee Seon-joo: Deok-mi’s best friend who is the owner of CocoMoco café which Deok-mi, Ryan, and Eun-gi frequent.
- Kim Mi-kyung as Go Young-sook: Deok-mi’s mother is a knitting-obsessed woman who is often portrayed as a head of the household.
- Maeng Sang-hoon as Sung Geun-ho: Deok-mi’s father who is a quiet, soft-spoken man who began collecting suiseki stones after his business failed.
- Park Myung-shin as Nam Se-yeon: A chief editor of an art magazine and mother of Nam Eun-gi.
- Hong Seo-young as Choi Da-in: A visual art director from New York who is in love with Ryan, her friend of ten years.
- Jung Jae-won as Cha Shi-an / Sian: An idol and the most popular member of the boy group, White Ocean.
- Lee Il-hwa as Gong Eun-young / Lee Sol: A retired artist who caused Ryan Gold’s Stendhal syndrome and she is Ryan’s biological mother.
- Kim Sun-young as Uhm So-hye
- Kim Bo-ra as Sindy / Kim Hyo-jin
- Kim Chang-hoi as Secretary Kim
- Seo Ye-hwa as Yoo Kyung-ah
- Jung Won-chang as Kim Yoo-seob
- Im Ji-kyu as Kang Seung-min
- Yoo Yong-min as Joo-hyuk
Her Private Life Season 2 Plot
Noona Fan Dot Com, a novel, served as the inspiration for the first season. Sung Deok-Mi, the protagonist, has been trying to conceal her relationship with Ryan Gold. Sung Deok-Mi is an art gallery curator. Moreover, she operates a fansite dedicated to Cha Si-An, for whom she has an intense level of admiration. Sung Deok-Mi, the site’s manager, does her utmost to keep this secret. Ryan Gold, on the contrary hand, is named the museum’s new director.
Later on, however, he and Sung Deok-Mi are required to play the role of a couple in order to dispel the widespread speculation that Sung Deok-Mi and Cha Si-An are actually an item. So, to show them that they were wrong, they pretended to be a couple. Fans were actually trying to hurt Sung Deok-Mi as a result of the rumors. Drama and unexpected turns pepper the entire narrative. Season 2 of Her Private Life could be a continuation of the series’ established canon or an altogether new plotline.