Causes of Pallor of The Face
Vitamin B-12 deficiency Anemia (hemolytic, aplastic, or normocytic) Leukemia Myelofibrosis Essential thrombocythemia Polycythemia vera Aplastic anemia Progressive systemic sclerosis Monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance Waldenstrom’s macroglobulinemia Hypersplenism Post-splenectomy Vitamin K deficiency Sarcoidosis Histiocytosis X Hemorrhagic telangiectasia Kawasaki disease Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura Systemic lupus erythematosus Paroxysmalcturnal hemoglobinuria Paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria Addison’s disease and other causes of adrenal insufficiency Drug-induced:
chlorpromazine, chemotherapeutic agents (eg, doxorubicin), metoclopramide Hematologic disorders that may cause pallor of the face include idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, infectious mononucleosis secondary to Epstein-Barr virus infection, severe acute viral hepatitis, or drug reactions.
Drugs are associated with bluish discoloration of the skin due to an altered hemoglobin oxygenation state.
1) Iron deficiency anemia
2) Monoclonal gammopathy
4) Aplastic anemia
The pallor of the face can also indicate severe liver dysfunction, such as cirrhosis in its later stages. Hemolysis in the spleen and bone marrow may produce a similar picture. In this case, there is a decreased red cell survival time in the peripheral circulation, with resultant pallor.
Abnormalities of primary hemostasis sometimes result in facial pallor secondary to petechial hemorrhages elsewhere on the body, especially around the umbilicus. The pallor may be sufficiently severe to simulate iron deficiency anemia or leukemia.
1) Iron-deficiency anemia
2) Pernicious anemia
3) Congenital heart disease
4) Monoclonal gammopathy
5) Inflammation of the pancreas
6) Liver disease
7) Acute hepatitis
9) Hodgkin’s disease
10) Transfusion reaction.
what does pale tongue and skin indicate:
This can be a condition where your tongue appears to be pale, instead of pink. It is also called tongue pallor or tongue discoloration. If you are suffering from this condition then there are chances that it may indicate an underlying health problem.
The most common cause of your abnormal tongue color is due to lack of adequate blood flow in the area which will prevent enough oxygenated blood from reaching your tongue tissues resulting in their pale appearance.
When you are dehydrated, it will lead to less production of saliva which can reduce moisture on your tongue and hence making it lighter in color than normal.
B) Vitamin B12 deficiency:
This is one of the most common causes of the pale tongue. When you are deficient in vitamin B12, this can lead to a condition called glossitis which is characterized by the appearance of a smooth and shiny tongue with reddish-violet patches at the tip, sides, or center. It can also cause your tongue to appear pale due to the lack of blood flow in that area.
C) Allergic reactions:
Usually, when you eat certain types of foods it may result in an allergic reaction causing itchiness on your tongue or palate(roof), leading to the discoloration of the affected part along with redness and swelling (angioedema).
D) Liver disorders:
This usually occurs when there is any damage to the liver causing its dysfunction which will lead to jaundice. The appearance of the tongue will be pale in color and it may also show an abnormal coating or swelling.
E) Gastrointestinal problems:
There could be a problem with your gastrointestinal tract when there is less blood flow to your tongue resulting in an appearance that is similar to that caused by vitamin B12 deficiency (glossitis).
F) Other causes:
There are other causes for this condition like malnutrition, leukoplakia, allergies, dehydration, smoking, liver cirrhosis, etc.
pale face causes:
It is a sign of low blood pressure and usually occurs when you stand up. Other causes may be exposed to cold, anemia, or any other condition involving deficient hemoglobin or red blood cells i.e. deficiency in iron, folic acid, or vitamin B12.
People who have been standing for long can also experience this due to the body’s inability to compensate for the normal drop in blood pressure from being vertical to horizontal(lying down). It is accompanied by lightheadedness and sometimes blurred vision and passing out as well as nausea and sweating too.
So what does a pale face indicate? Make sure to see your doctor if it persists even after lying down for some time as there can be more serious underlying conditions causing it that must be treated right away.
what does pale tongue and skin indicate?
causes of the pale face:
smoking, heart diseases, asthma, iron deficiency anemia, thyroid problems, low blood sugar levels, liver or kidney disease
You can use home remedies to get rid of your pale face caused by standing for long hours like taking small snacks every few hours that contain proteins and calories; drinking lots of fluids (salt-free) like water; avoiding caffeine. The following are the top 10 foods that help you get rid of paleness in your cheeks.
1. carrot juice contains carotenoids which are converted by the body into vitamin A which is necessary for producing pigments that color the skin naturally
2. sweet potato & yam contain naturally high levels of beta-carotene which is then converted to vitamin A in your body.
3. garlic contains the amino acid allicin, which stimulates the production of hemoglobin, thus increasing blood flow in your body improving circulation, and also helping you get rid of paleness in cheeks by making it pinkish naturally so include this food in your daily diet.
4. Spinach is another good source for leafy green vegetables that are rich in carotenoids but low on calories so have this veggie often if you are looking for how to get rid of pale face fast.
5. Tomatoes contain lycopene, an antioxidant that protects cells from damage reduces inflammation (swelling) caused by allergies, sunburn, or other skin conditions.
6. citrus fruits are known to contain bioflavonoids which not only help you fight infection but also aid in reducing inflammation of the blood vessels thus improving your complexion naturally
7. Other foods that are good for you are apples, grapes, cucumbers, apricots, etc..
8. Foods are rich in vitamin B complex like whole grains, legumes(beans), peanuts, meat(pork & beef liver especially)
9. Cabbage is filled with vitamin K which triggers the production of proteins responsible for producing new blood cells so have this food if you want to get rid of the pale face quickly
10. Herbs and spices are also used to give flavor to foods while being healthy too so take some color off your pale face by including these spices in your diet like parsley, onion(raw), basil, ginger(fresh), coriander leaves (cilantro) peppermint tea. These are the top 10 foods that you can have to get rid of paleness in your cheeks naturally so eat right and stay healthy!
What causes pale skin and dark circles:
1) Poor diet:
If you don’t eat a balanced diet rich in vegetables, fruits, and proteins then it may affect your skin tone.
2) Lack of sleep:
If you are not getting enough sleep at night due to your hectic schedule then this may cause dark circles.
3) Stress factors:
A lot of people suffer from stress or insomnia because of work pressure which in turn makes them look very tired.
4) Allergies :
Sometimes when we are allergic to something our body produces antibodies that react when the allergen enters our system making us look pale and sickly.
5) Excessive consumption of alcohol or caffeinated drinks:
These can lead to dehydration in your body that also shows on your face as pale skin.
6) Hormonal changes :
Menopause and puberty are two such periods in a woman’s life when she experiences hormonal changes. The change causes the body to produce more testosterone which leads to excess production of sebum that blocks your skin pores and leads to acne
7) Menstrual cycle:
A lot of women suffer from skin problems like pale skin and dark circles around their eyes during menstruation. Sometimes it may also vary from person to person.
8) Skin problems:
If you have acne or other skin problems then it can lead to pale skin and dark circles.
9) Medical conditions :
A lot of serious medical conditions like liver diseases, anemia, jaundice, etc can also affect your complexion. Sometimes due to these factors the production of melanin decreases which causes loss of color in one’s face.
10) Stress :
This is probably one common cause for all people, which includes lack of sleep, lack of proper diet, and excess stress because of work pressure. It causes you to look very tired and makes your face look pale so try relaxing more often if this has become a daily routine for you!
Don’t forget to share us with your friends on Facebook by clicking the like button above. If you have any other suggestions or queries then feel free to comment below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.