Big Mouth is the most successful adult-oriented animated series of the decade. The show’s success so far has allowed for six seasons, and its popularity has spread far and wide. The sixth season of Big Mouth just aired, and since then, viewers have been devouring every episode. Of course, we can never satisfy the fans’ insatiable want for more.
We don’t anticipate the partnership between Netflix, Nick Kroll, and Andrew Goldberg ending any time soon either, as they continue to develop and create new seasons of Big Mouth. Big Mouth Season 7 has been the subject of much speculation, and now we can confirm that the speculations were spot on all along. The second season of Big Mouth is in the works. What we know about Season 7 of Big Mouth so far is as follows:
Big Mouth Season 7 Renewal Status
Netflix has renewed the popular cartoon series for a seventh season, so fans can expect Big Mouth Season 7 in April 2022. When Netflix announced the upcoming release of Big Mouth Season 6 later this year, they also gave fans hope for a seventh season. That’s fantastic! The creators of the adolescent drama Big Mouth are Andrew Goldberg, Nick Kroll, Mark Levin, and Jennifer Flackett.
In the series, the monsters responsible for the full range of human emotions are shown tormenting the teens. The first several seasons of the show focused mostly on hormonal monsters responsible for developing pubic hair and pubic symphysis. Since then, Big Mouth, an adult animated series, has penetrated every facet of society by introducing animals with the power to manipulate emotions and cognitive processes.
What is the storyline of Big Mouth?
Hormone monsters Maurice, Connie, and Mona play the role of highly sexualized shoulder angels, harassing Andrew, Matthew, and Nick on occasion (and mostly harassing Missy). They meet Duke Ellington’s ghost, a Statue of Liberty with a French accent, a pregnant pillow, an Adderall bar, and Jessica’s vulva, among other strange characters and objects, throughout the series, all of which offer the kids advice on how to handle puberty. Both their emotional and physical well-being suffer severely at this time.
Big Mouth Season Cast and characters
- Nick Kroll as Nicholas Arsenio “Nick” Birch
- Maurice the Hormone Monster, also known as “Maury”
- Coach Steve, the shrill-voiced middle school gym class teacher who is incompetent and overly talkative
- Rick the Hormone Monster, an old, dysfunctional yet enthusiastic hormone monster who follows Coach Steve and later Nick.
- Lola Ugfuglio Skumpy, an ill-tempered popular girl who is terrified of losing her social status and the approval of her best friend Devin.
- Nick Starr, the future version of Nick who hosts a game show and lives alone with a robot version of Andrew.
- Stu, Marty’s old and weak lovebug, Marty is only convinced to stay by his lovebug.
- Kroll also voices Mila and Lotte Janssen
- John Mulaney as Andrew Glouberman
- Jessi Klein as Jessica Cobain “Jessi” Glaser
- Jason Mantzoukas as Jayzerian Ricflairian “Jay” Bilzerian
- Jenny Slate and Ayo Edebiri as Melissa “Missy” Foreman-Greenwald
- Fred Armisen as Elliot Birch
- Maya Rudolph as Connie the Hormone Monstress
- Jordan Peele as the Ghost of Duke Ellington
- Andrew Rannells as Matthew MacDell
- Paula Pell as Barbara Glouberman
- Seth Morris as Greg Glaser
- Jessica Chaffin as Shannon Glaser
- June Diane Raphael as Devin LeSevenGina Rodriguez as Gina Alvarez
Big Mouth Season 7 Plot
Now that Season 7 of Big Mouth has been officially ordered, viewers can anticipate more secrets and cliffhangers than usual. It’s possible that the Season 6 finale’s cliffhanger may provide the authors with a sense of relief, freeing them up to pursue a more imaginative plot in Season 7. Since its debut season, Big Mouth has consistently high ratings. As a result, we should anticipate a renewal for several seasons of the show, provided the authors have enough story ideas percolating in their brains.
Season 7 of Big Mouth may follow the fictitious version of Kroll as he navigates the difficulties of interpersonal relationships and physical transformations. Hopefully, Kroll will be back to voice himself and a few other ancillary characters.
Big Mouth Season 7 Release Date
The premiere date of Big Mouth Season 7 is still unknown as of April 2023. In April of 2022, Netflix made it official that the cartoon series will be back for a seventh season. Big Mouth season 7 is expected to premiere on Netflix in the fall or winter of 2023, given the previous six seasons were released in September, October, November, and December.
Big Mouth Season 7 Trailer
Not yet, but I anticipate there is going to be one in the coming months as we get closer to the release date. Since there is currently no trailer for Season 7, we suggest you watch Season 6 to get a feel for what to expect.
Big Mouth Season 6 Rating
Ratings are used as a yardstick by everyone. whether you want to know whether a program will be canceled or renewed, look no further than the ratings. The higher the scores, the safer the situation is. The show has been well received by critics and viewers alike, earning a 7.9/10 rating on IMDb and a 77% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
Is Big Mouth Season 7 Going to Be the Last Season?
We hope that Big Mouth Season 7 isn’t the series finale! When a new season is introduced, it is also often revealed whether or not it will be the last. There has been no confirmation that season 7 will be the last, so we can probably expect to stick around for a while with Big Mouth.
In recent years, this program has received several accolades and become a fan favorite, earning it a number of award nominations. Considering that The Simpsons has been on the air for 34 years, we don’t see why Big Mouth wouldn’t accomplish the same. Big Mouth is one of the rare programs that regularly breach the fourth wall and experiment with other forms, despite its primary concentration on comedy, sex, and sexuality. Fans aren’t quite ready to say farewell to their beloved characters just yet, so we can only hope that Big Mouth sticks around for at least a few more seasons.