Benefits of Green Tea?
1. Green tea is a powerful antioxidant that can help protect the skin from the harmful effects of pollution, UV rays, and other environmental damage, which leads to faster aging.
2. Polyphenols in green tea have been shown to prevent collagen breakdown by up to 80%, which means it helps keep skin firm and plump and reduce wrinkles.
3. Uvaol glycoside found in green tea offers anti-wrinkle benefits, protects against free radical damage, and increases cell turnover rates resulting in the increased radiance of the complexion.
4. It reduces inflammation due to its polyphenol content which is helpful for those with acne, rosacea, or psoriasis
5. Green tea’s antioxidants boost the body’s immune system and, in turn, may help prevent the development of skin cancer.
6. Green tea has been shown to stimulate collagen production, which means that it is excellent for preventing sagging skin and aging concerns around the eyes
7. It also contains anti-inflammatory properties, which can reduce redness and swelling associated with rosacea or acne
8. Contains polyphenols that are effective against a range of bacteria, including S aureus, the bacterium responsible for many skin infections such as boils and pimples. The antioxidants found in green tea can also assist in controlling outbreaks of pimples associated with acne
9. By drinking three cups per day over eight weeks, significant improvements were recorded by some participants in blood pressure, cholesterol, and some inflammatory markers.
10. Green tea has also been shown to promote thermogenesis (fat burning) by increasing the metabolic rate of our cells which is beneficial for weight loss
11. Lastly, it can be very soothing on the skin when applied topically or drunk internally as a tea face mask!
12. It contains high levels of Vitamin A & C, potent antioxidants that work together to block free radicals from skin damage and boost collagen production- critical factors in preventing wrinkles.
Benefits of green tea weight loss:
Many people are in favor of consuming green tea to lose weight quickly. Green tea can be used instead of coffee or energy drinks for this purpose.
Green tea extracts have thermogenic properties that help burn fat, suppress appetite, and boost metabolism.
However, it is essential to keep in mind that green tea should not be consumed without any limitation since it contains caffeine and antioxidants, which can cause side effects such as insomnia, anxiety, and irritability if over-consumed.
Most of the studies on the benefits of green tea extract seem to confirm a relation between its consumption and weight loss. This occurs thanks to caffeine and EGCG present in green tea extract (the main components) to inhibit the production and absorption of fat.
Benefits of green tea for men:
Green tea extract also has antioxidant properties that help fight the free radicals present in the body. It may so happen that over-consumption of food rich in calories, red meat, and alcohol cause oxidative stress, which contributes to weight gain. Green tea extract can help reduce stress due to its antioxidant content.
There is an association between intake of green tea extracts and preventing the development or progression of certain diseases such as cardiovascular disease, cancer, neurological disorders, and others.
This relation does not necessarily mean that it is a cause-and-effect relationship. Still, it should be considered given the benefits of green tea extract for these ailments.
Benefits of green tea capsules:
It is necessary to consult a doctor before taking any supplement or herbal remedy to ensure that it will not cause any unknown interactions with your current medications.
It is also advisable to use green tea extract only under medical supervision when suffering from chronic illness. There may be an interaction between the main components of green tea (EGCG, caffeine) and certain medications used for their treatment.
The results of studies on humans confirm a relationship between the consumption of green tea extracts and weight loss. It should, however, be considered that these studies were carried out over short periods, which makes it necessary to do follow-up clinical trials to confirm its long-term benefits.
The consensus among experts seems to support the view that regular consumption of green tea extracts can help reduce weight and increase energy expenditure, especially when combined with the proper diet and exercise program.
Benefits of green tea extract for women:
Green tea extract is also said to have nootropic properties which means it can help improve memory and brain function,
(1). green tea extract can interfere with certain medications used to treat Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. Therefore, green tea extract should not be consumed without medical supervision in such cases.
It has also been suggested that regular consumption of green tea extract can prevent the occurrence or progression of symptoms related to psychiatric disorders such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder.
(2). There is a need for further research in this area to determine the benefits of green tea extract for people suffering from such ailments.
Another essential thing to consider is that regular consumption of green tea extract in the long term might cause a reduction in its effectiveness in weight loss and other beneficial effects. Therefore, it should be taken with caution when regularly or continuously for an extended duration.
For best results, it is recommended to use natural sources of green tea extracts whenever possible since they are potentially safer than dietary supplements available on the market, including genotoxic contaminants.
(3). It should be remembered that all herbal remedies have interactions with medications, which means that regular consumption of green tea extract can also cause side effects similar to those caused by regular intake of caffeine-rich beverages such as coffee, soda, and energy drinks.
To maximize the benefits of green tea extract, it is advisable only to use the recommended dosage found in studies and other reliable sources. It should also be used with caution for people who suffer from psychiatric disorders since there is no sufficient evidence that it can help improve their condition while positively affecting other aspects of well-being.
Disadvantages of green tea:
There is a lack of clinical studies showing that green tea extract can improve or have a beneficial effect on mood and psychiatric disorders such as depression, schizophrenia, and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder
Green Tea Extract Safety:
Studies on rodents showed that long-term consumption of green tea extracts was not associated with any significant safety issues. This means it can be safely taken over more extended periods for its benefits to be fully experienced and appreciated.
However, there is concern that long-term intake may produce undesirable effects in genotoxic contaminants, which are byproducts resulting from fermentation and processing procedures used to prepare dietary supplements. Further testing needs to be carried out in this area before the benefit/risk profile associated with the use of green tea extract products can be fully quantified.
Like black tea, green tea has been shown to have a diuretic effect, which increases the frequency of urination and volume of urine produced. This is beneficial for bodybuilders since they use diuretics to flush out excess water from the muscles to achieve maximum definition.
Excess intake, however, should be avoided or reduced to prevent dehydration-related health issues such as fatigue, weakness, and headaches.