‘When the Weather Is Fine,’ also known as ‘I’ll Go to You When the Weather Is Fine,’ is a romantic Korean drama that will air for the first time in February 2020. The film adaptation of Lee Do-woo’s eponymous novel was well received upon its South Korean premiere. The first episode, which was described as a calming romance with promising leads, ended with 2.7% viewership, which was somewhat lower than the other series that were airing at the same time. Fans want to know whether or not there will be a season two of “When the Weather Is Fine” because the ending hints at further episodes. Keep reading if you want to find out.
When The Weather Is Fine Season 2 Release Date
More information on the show’s premiere and finale dates is required before we can proceed to the second season. Due to lengthy delays in production, the debut season was almost delayed until 2019. The first season premiered on February 24, 2020, and concluded on April 21, 2020, after a total of 16 episodes.
It’s been a long time since then, and there have been no announcements about a second season of the show. At this point, it seems quite improbable that a second season would ever air. Fans shouldn’t give up hope just yet, since the program hasn’t been officially canceled and a second season hasn’t been confirmed, and there is still time for any of those things to happen. We haven’t heard anything about it happening in 2023, so we’ll have to wait until 2024 at the earliest if it does.
When The Weather Is Fine Storyline
Mok Hae-won, the protagonist of the drama, is a retiree from Seoul who moves back to her childhood home of Bookhyun Village. The unemployed cellist runs upon an old classmate, the bookshop owner Im Eun-seob. The two become romantically interested in one another after interacting. After a winter together, Hae-won eventually returns to Seoul, ending their relationship. She hopes she can put Eun-seob out of her mind. But she’s completely wrong.
Eun-seob keeps running his bookstore despite his feelings of unhappiness. But he, too, is unable to forget the good times he had with Hae-won. After a long separation, the two are reunited in Hyecheon, but their future together is uncertain. All they did was enjoy each other’s company for the limited time they were together.
When The Weather Is Fine Cast and characters
- Park Min-young as Mok Hae-won (“Irene”), an unemployed cello teacher.
- Park Seo-kyung as young Hae-won.
- Seo Kang-joon as Im Eun-seob / Kim Jin-ho, a bookstore owner.
- Ok Chan-yu as young Jin-ho.
- Moon Jeong-hee as Shim Myeong-yeo, Hae-won’s aunt, a writer and inn owner.
- Kim Hong-bin as young Myeong-yeo.
- Lee Young-ran as Yoon Hye-ja, Hae-won’s grandmother, she founded the inn.
- Jin Hee-kyung as Shim Myeong-joo, Hae-won’s mother.
- Jeon Yoo-rim as young Myeong-joo.
- Seo Tae-hwa as Mok Joo-hong, Hye-won’s father.
- Kim Hwan-hee as Im Hwi, Eun-seob’s adoptive little sister.
- Nam Gi-ae as Yoon Yeo-jeong, Eun-seob’s adoptive mother.
- Kang Shin-il as Im Jong-pil, Eun-seob’s adoptive father.
- Kang Jin-hwi as Kim Gil, Eun-seob’s father.
- Kang Jin-hwi as Kim Gil-dong, Eun-seob’s uncle.
- Lee Jae-wook as Lee Jang-woo, Eun-seob’s friend in high school.
- Oh Ja-hun as young Jang-woo.
- Kim Young-dae as Oh Young-woo, he used to be the top student and he was/is attracted to Hae-won.
- Yang Hye-ji as Ji Eun-shil, Jang-woo’s first love.
- Kim Bo Young as Im Se Mi, Hae-won’s former friend in high school.
- Park Han-sol as Joo-hee, Bo-yeong’s classmate.
- Lee Tae-hyung as Bae Geun-sang
- Lee Seon-hee as Choi Soo-jung, Myeong-yeo’s friend.
- Chu Ye-jin as Kwon Hyun-ji, Hwi’s friend.
- Han Chang-min as Jung Seung-ho
- Lee Young-seok as Jung Gil-bok
- Ahn Dong-goo as young Cha Yoon-taek
- Lee Bong-ryun as Jang Ha-nim
- Kim Dae-geon as Kim Yeong-soo
- Yoon Sang-hwa as Park Hin-dol
- Hwang Gun as Cha Yoon-taek
- Noh Jae-hoon as Jung Hee
When The Weather Is Fine Season 2 Plot
Since the first season of the show was adapted from a book, and the book’s contents came to and with that season only, the plot we will get in season 2, if it happens, is completely unpredictable. It’s possible that we’ll get to see more of the same plot, in which the pair from the first season continues to struggle and the affection they’ve built up over the course of the program begins to wane.
When The Weather Is Fine Season 2 Trailer
Below is the show’s trailer in case you missed it.
When The Weather Is Fine Season 1 Rating
When the Weather Is Fine, a South Korean drama series, has received great marks from the Internet Movie Database and MyDramaList.The show has been given a 7.8/10 rating on IMDb and an 8.2/10 rating on MyDramaList.
Where to watch When The Weather Is Fine Season 2?
Viki is a streaming service where you can watch the newest episodes of When The Weather Is Fine. All of Season 1 can now be viewed again as it concluded. Since there has been no announcement regarding Season 2 of When the Weather is Fine, it is safe to assume that it will also be available via the same platform.