The anime television series Violet Evergarden (Vaioretto Evgden in Japanese) is adapted from a series of light novels with the same name. The light novel series, authored by Kana Akatsuki and drawn by Akiko Takase, began publication on December 25, 2015, and concluded on December 26, 2016. After the light novel series had been out for a while, Kyoto Animation declared that they would be translating it into an anime television series.
As a result, on January 11, 2018, the first season of Violet Evergarden launched to widespread acclaim from both longtime readers of the source material and first-time viewers. Since then, anticipation for an additional season has been high. Everything we understand about Season 2 thus far is included below.
Violet Evergarden Season 2 Release Date
The first season of ‘Violet Evergarden’ aired on January 11, 2018, and featured a total of 13 episodes. Two months into airing, on July 4, 2018, an OVA (also known as a “special episode”) and an anime film were released, both of which were based on the series. Kyoto Animation appears to be leaning toward continuing the series with the feature-length film instead of creating an additional season. This makes it unlikely that there will be a second season, and it may imply that a second season is impossible. Don’t give up just yet, though; season two is still a possibility. Remember to check back here for updates as soon as any major news emerges.
Violet Evergarden Storyline
The events of Violet Evergarden take place in a made-up world following the Great War. After four years of fighting, the Great War ends, and the people of Telesis can begin to put their lives back together. Telesis’s success increases as time passes.
The show centers on a former soldier named Violet Evergarden, who was trained from birth to kill all enemies. Although she fought bravely throughout the war, Violet was hospitalized near the end due to a serious injury. She gets over her injuries, but then she and her new guardian family have a falling out, and she decides to explore the world on her own. After starting a job at the CH Postal Company, Violet happens into the work of a group of amanuenses who call themselves “Auto Memory Dolls” and transcribe their clients’ inner thoughts and emotions onto paper.
Violet is inspired by the skilled labor of these artisans and decides to pursue a career as an auto-memory doll, where she quickly rises to the top of the industry thanks to her striking good looks. Violet wishes to go on a path of self-discovery, and her employment leads her on many exciting and rewarding excursions.
Violet Evergarden Cast and characters
- Violet Evergarden Voiced by: Yui Ishikawa(Japanese); Erika Harlacher(English)
- Gilbert Bougainvillea Voiced by: Daisuke Namikawa(Japanese); Tony Azzolino(English)
- Claudia Hodgins Voiced by: Takehito Koyasu(Japanese); Kyle McCarley(English)
- Cattleya Baudelaire Voiced by: Aya Endō(Japanese); Reba Buhr(English)
- Benedict Blue Voiced by: Koki Uchiyama(Japanese); Ben Pronsky(English)
- Erica Brown Voiced by: Minori Chihara(Japanese); Christine Marie Cabanos(English)
- Iris Cannary Voiced by: Haruka Tomatsu(Japanese); Cherami Leigh(English)
- Dietfried Bougainvillea Voiced by: Hidenobu Kiuchi (Japanese); Keith Silverstein (English)
- Luculia Marlborough Voiced by: Azusa Tadokoro (Japanese); Kira Buckland (English)
- Charlotte Abelfreyja Drossel Voiced by: Megumi Nakajima (Japanese); Stephanie Sheh (English)
- Leon Stephanotis Voiced by: Yūto Uemura
- Oscar Webster Voiced by: Satoshi Taki (Japanese); Joe Ochman (English)
- Anne Magnolia Voiced by: Sumire Morohoshi (Japanese); Cassandra Lee Morris (English)
- Clara Magnolia Voiced by: Ayako Kawasumi (Japanese); Wendee Lee (English)
- Aiden Field Voiced by: Shintarō Asanuma (Japanese); Johnny Yong Bosch (English)
- Isabella York Voiced by: Minako Kotobuki(Japanese); Colleen O’Shaughnessey (English)
- Taylor BartlettVoiced by: Aoi Yūki (Japanese); Sandy Fox (English)
Violet Evergarden Season 2 Expected Plot
There were many questions that weren’t answered by the end of the first season. The main character of the season, Major Gilbert, was killed off at the end. His followers are overjoyed to see him still among the living. He got there in the end, though that wasn’t required. The next section will reveal whether or not Gilbert of Critical Importance survived the entire conflict or was killed along the way. If he’s still alive, will he try to find her? What were his last words, and why is Violet still trying to figure them out?
It’s possible, though, that Gilbert’s death will be looked at. It won’t be shocking to learn that Gilbert is still alive. Like everyone else, Violet is overjoyed to see Gilbert again. The second season of Violet Evergreen could center on the healing of the rift between Violet and Major Gilbert.
The fact that Violet has been living her life and sending out letters, among other riddles, will also be explained. There’s also the fact that the search for Velvet of Violet would probably come first. The producers of the program may decide not to tease what will happen in Season 2 and instead keep fans guessing.
Violet Evergarden Season 2 Trailer
There is currently no trailer for the show because it has not been picked up for a second season. But stay tuned, since we will update this page as soon as we hear something official.
Where can I watch Violet Evergarden?
While Season 2 of Violet Evergarden has not yet been released, the first season is currently available to stream on Netflix.