To Rid the Body of Toxins
Boil water and add peppermint, sage, fennel. Allow this to cool, and then drink it 2 – 3 times a day for about one week.
For the same result, you can also soak your feet in saltwater while lying down at night before going to bed. This will help keep the kidneys functioning properly. But, again, remember to change the water every hour.
Effective cleansing of the body is to eat only baked sweet potatoes for seven days. This is a very healthy way of detoxifying your system since it rids the digestive, urinary and respiratory tracts of waste material that may be lingering there. As a result, you’ll feel better than ever!
To relieve nasal congestion, dissolve one teaspoon of salt in a glass of boiling water. Let it cool until you can stand to inhale the steam coming off the water, then put your head over the glass and breathe the mist for five minutes.
Symptoms of toxins leaving the body:
1. Ringing in ears (tinnitus)
2. Rashes on the body and face
3. Excessive mucus production, the release of stored up mucus which had been presented to the body’s defense system to absorb and dispose of itself but was not detoxified by this defense system or did not get disposed of.
4. Constipation which would be worse for a specific time but later get better. The toxins are coming out through the bowels. Some people have started to get diarrhea along with these better symptoms. I don’t recommend taking any medication for constipation unless your doctor recommends it because if you expel too many toxins through the bowels, you could over-toxify yourself and feel worse than before.
5. Diarrhea which would be better because it brings out more stored toxins for expulsion. Again, I don’t recommend taking any medications for diarrhea unless your doctor recommends it. Sometimes in cases of extreme constipation and diarrhea, it’s essential to get support from a health practitioner with detoxification.
6. Foul-smelling breath, body odor, and excretions are other signs that toxins are leaving the body through the breath, skin, sweat glands, and urine. This does not mean you need to shower every hour or eat a particular diet to eliminate a bad smell. It may smell worse before it gets better, but it will ultimately get better.
7. Stomach gurgling noises are another sign that the body’s metabolic rate is speeding up as it burns old stored wastes to make energy for itself to heal, clear out toxins, etc. This is all part of the detoxification process. If you cut out all the wrong foods and make a reasonable effort to eat healthily, not only will your body feel better, but it will also help with this process.
8. Sometimes, yellowing of the eyes occurs as a sign that toxins are getting released from the liver, gall bladder, kidneys, and other organs. In some cases, the skin may also appear yellowish too. This is not jaundice which would generally indicate liver problems. Jaundice is a disease, and you should see your doctor for medical treatment if this occurs, so don’t try to treat it yourself with supplements.
9. Bad breath and body odor can be signs of the release of toxins through the breath and skin. This is why many people prefer to use air purifiers through an air conditioning system in their car, bedroom, office, workplace, etc.
10. Chills and night sweats are another sign that the body is detoxifying itself of old stored toxins that have been putrefying or fermenting inside it for years. You may start getting cold quickly because the blood is purified, and it’s not carrying as many impurities as before.
11. Migraines or a general feeling of malaise may occur especially if you have been exposed to many environmental toxins or mold, which can overwhelm your detoxification system that was previously overloaded with all those toxins, making it unable to work well at that time.
12. Bad breath, body odor, and other excretions result from toxins being mobilized from tissues for elimination through the kidneys, sweat glands, lungs, colon, and skin. The smell will eventually fade away as more toxins are released and eliminated from the body.
13. Stomach pain may occur, especially if you have eaten a lot of bad food before getting on this program, making the stomach more toxic. During the first few days, your body may try to release some of these toxins through diarrhea or constipation, but it should start to feel better after that.
14. A fever generally starts during the second week, especially for people whose body temperature is shallow. As the body gets more energy from healthy foods, it will increase its metabolic rate, producing heat as a by-product. This heating process helps burn up toxins stored in fat cells to be eliminated through other means such as kidneys, colon, lungs, skin, etc.
15. You may experience some heart palpitations as the body’s metabolism speeds up. Your pulse may increase to 100 or more beats per minute, especially for those with a prolonged metabolic rate due to low thyroid function, adrenal fatigue, etc. After the first few days, your pulse should return to its normal range, so don’t worry about it.
What to drink to detox your body:
1. Lemons are among the most nutritious fruits on Earth because they contain high amounts of potassium, vitamin C, folic acid, pectin fiber, limonene (an antioxidant), calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, enzymes, and other good stuff. Fresh lemon juice is excellent to use in water or tea, especially if you are detoxing or fasting. You can add a little bit of maple syrup if you want to sweeten it up a bit more.
2. Apple cider vinegar is one of the best remedies for acid reflux and heartburn, which many people experience when detoxing because some old stored toxins may get released into the esophagus, which may cause discomfort, especially if you have a sensitive stomach.
3. Ginger is an excellent natural remedy that can relieve nausea and vomiting symptoms and indigestion, gas, heartburn, morning sickness during pregnancy, etc. Boil some fresh ginger root in water for 15 minutes or longer to make a potent ginger tea which can be consumed every hour if needed.
4. Cayenne pepper has been used for centuries to speed up the metabolism and enhance blood circulation, which helps release toxins trapped in fat cells (that’s why it’s good for weight loss). It also stimulates digestion which helps extract nutrients from foods more effectively. Add some cayenne pepper to any of your drinks or dishes if you want to speed up your metabolism and cleanse your body of toxins.
5. Cinnamon is a traditional remedy used by many cultures to improve digestion, boost the immune system, control blood sugar levels, lower cholesterol, fight infections, etc. This is one of those spices that you must have in your kitchen because it’s versatile and extremely healthy.
6. Raw honey is one of nature’s best remedies because it contains many vitamins, minerals, amino acids, antioxidants, enzymes, etc., that help strengthen the immune system and improve digestion. Make sure you always have some raw honey on hand to sweeten up drinks or dishes whenever needed.
7. Pumpkin seeds are loaded with zinc which helps boost the immune system, improve prostate health in men, balance hormones, etc. They are also rich in essential fatty acids.
8. Kale is pure nutrition, and there’s nothing wrong with its taste which can be improved by mixing it with other super-foods such as lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, cayenne pepper, ginger root, etc. Kale is one of the most potent cancer-fighting foods on Earth and should be consumed daily if you want to maintain good health and improve your quality of life.
9. Spinach is very nutritious and contains high amounts of vitamin K for improved bone health and many other essential vitamins and minerals. Mixed with kale, you’ve got the perfect cancer-fighting super-food that should be consumed every day.
10. Celery is very low in calories while being rich in essential vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber essential for good digestion. Drinking celery juice by itself may not taste very good, but it’s great to mix with other liquids and healthy smoothies.
How to detox your body in a day:
Consume a glass of hot lemon water every morning upon waking up. Drink it before eating or drinking anything else so that your digestive system will be “cleansed” for the rest of the day.
Have a grapefruit, orange, or tangerine fruit either during breakfast or as a snack. This helps cleanse the liver and eliminate toxins from the digestive tract.
Mix water with ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper, a slice of ginger root, and some fresh lemon juice. This is one of the most potent detox drinks that eliminates mucus buildup in the body, breaks up kidney stones, dissolves gallstones over time, cleanses the liver & kidneys, and helps get rid of harmful toxins from the body.
Consume cooked beets once or twice every day. Beet juice is also great to drink but eating it whole is even better because it releases its digestive enzymes, which help stimulate and regulate the body’s detoxification process. It also contains betaine which produces SAM-e (S-Adenosyl methionine) – a compound that boosts the immune system and helps flush out harmful toxins from the body.
Consume dark green vegetables every day to get rid of toxins, lose weight, improve digestion, etc. Dark green leafy vegetables are nutritious, so you shouldn’t have any problem eating them daily if you prepare your meals the right way.
Drink vegetable juice once or twice every day. There are many different kinds of vegetables that you can mix to create an incredibly healthy & nutritious drink that is rich in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, fiber, and all sorts of other beneficial nutrients.