‘The Stranger’ is a British thriller series based on the 2015 novel of the same name. The show, developed by Harlan Coben, will debut in 2020. The story centers on Adam and his apparently ideal family, who are in for a shocking revelation. Adam’s family is shattered when an unknown person reveals a horrible secret about Adam’s wife. The show has garnered a respectable fan base, despite the opinions of reviewers who say it is not as interesting as the novel. In case you’re curious about the future of this series, we’ve got you covered.
The Stranger Season 2 Renewal Status
There have been no updates regarding the show’s renewal as of this writing. Author Harlan Coben has stated in the past that production of the show was only ever intended to last for a single season. The writer told the media, “We don’t think it’s fair to have one of those shows where they don’t give you all the answers, and you have to wait until season two before you get it.”
This is the end of the story,” he continued. You get all the answers towards the end, and that’s a very satisfying conclusion.
The Stranger Season 2 Release Date
On January 30, 2020, all 13 episodes of Season 1 of “The Stranger” debuted on Netflix. There are eight episodes totaling between 42 and 51 minutes in Season 1.
Here’s what we know about the upcoming second season: There has been no confirmation of a second season’s renewal. Although the first season concludes the source material, that does not preclude further episodes. Series like “Sherlock,” “The Walking Dead,” and “13 Reasons Why” expand upon their literary inspirations. Coben is not ruling out the prospect of a second “great season,” but it appears that his intention was always to provide only the first. ‘The Stranger’ season 2 would premiere in late 2023 or early 2024, assuming the show is picked up for a second season.
The Stranger Cast and characters
- Richard Armitage as Adam Price, the husband of Corinne Price, and the father to Thomas and Ryan.
- Jennifer Saunders as Heidi Doyle, a woman who owns a cake shop. She finds out from the Stranger that her daughter was involved in prostitution.
- Shaun Dooley as Doug Tripp, Adam’s longtime friend, and neighbor, who has helped Corinne run the local boys’ football club.
- Paul Kaye as Patrick Katz, a policeman who attempts to pursue the Stranger
- Dervla Kirwan as Corinne Price, wife of Adam Price, mother of Ryan and Thomas Price. Corinne had a secret that the Stranger told her husband.
- Kadiff Kirwan as Detective Constable (DC) Wesley Ross
- Jacob Dudman as Thomas Price, the elder son of Adam and Corrine Price, and older brother of Ryan Price.
- Ella-Rae Smith as Daisy Hoy, Thomas’ love interest who goes to school with him.
- Brandon Fellows as Mike Tripp, Thomas’ friend who had done something wrong after a drug spike in his system
- Misha Handley as Ryan Price, younger son of Adam and Corinne Price, and the younger brother of Thomas Price.
- Anthony Head as Edgar Price, Adam’s father
- Hannah John-Kamen as The Stranger, a woman in her 20s who wears a baseball cap.
- Stephen Rea as Martin Killane, a retired private detective
- Lily Loveless as Ingrid Prisby
- Kai Alexander as Dante Gunnarsson
- Callie Cooke as Kimberley Doyle
- Jade Harrison as Vicky Hoy
- Clinton Blake as Bob Baime
- Robert Ewens as Max Bonner
- Humera Syed as Olivia Katz
- Kim Vithana as Leila Katz
- Guy Oliver-Watts as Ian Doyle
- Don Gilet as Phillip Griffin
- Jemma Powell as Becca Tripp
- Chike Chan as Jason Yeong
- Sam Redford as Erik Gunnarsson
- India Brown as Ella Hoy
- Matthew Douglas as Larry Powers
- Aretha Ayeh as Suzanne Hope
- Joey Ansah as Stuart Hope
- Tamica Greenaway as DC Marisa Desford
- Ace Bhatti as Parth Kuhalam
- Yinka Awoni as Peter Ince
The Stranger Season 2 Plot
The first season ends exactly how the book does. In this episode, we learn the truth about The Stranger. Christine, Adam’s half-sister, was hired by the football coach to snoop on Corrine, and therefore she is the Stranger. Christine shields Adam from a bullet fired by Katz by taking the hit. Adam kills Doug after hearing him confess to killing Corrine. Johanna’s involvement in covering up Doug’s murder and blaming the impending imprisonment of Katz is exposed. Christine is then seen looking on from a distance as Ryan plays football.
Knowing that Adam murdered Doug Tripp and that Johanna aided him frame Patrick Katz for the crime sets up a promising premise for Season 2. Christine, as The Stranger, will she still turn others’ secrets against them? It’s also possible that Season 2 may introduce a brand new mystery with brand new people, turning the show into an anthology series similar to ‘The Sinner.’
The Stranger Season 2 Trailer
The producers of The Stranger have said categorically that they have no intention of making a second season. For the time being, Netflix is the only place where fans can rewatch the series. In case you haven’t seen it yet, here is the official trailer for The Stranger.