Popular among viewers is Stephen Merchant’s comedy series about people involved in a community payback scheme who find a giant bag of money. And it’s a boon to humanity that it brought Christopher Walken to Bristol in the United Kingdom.
Fans of Stephen Merchant, who has worked on some of the greatest TV shows ever, can’t wait for the 2021 premiere of The Outlaws. The story follows a group of strangers as they embark on a community program and follows them as they descend into the criminal underworld with the help of some very dirty money. The presence of Christopher Walken was previously unmentioned. Given the show’s success on the BBC in the UK and Prime Video in the USA, it’s only natural to wonder if season 3 of The Outlaws is in the works.
The Outlaws Season 3 Renewal Status
The BBC reported production on the Elgin James and Stephen Merchant show to begin in March 2023, so fans of The Outlaws won’t have to wait long for more surprises in the next season.
The series has received an enthusiastic reception from its loyal admirers, who are just now starting binge-watching it. This uplifting announcement has rekindled fans’ interest in learning more about Amazon Prime Video and BBC One’s The Outlaws Season 3, including its expected premiere date, plot details, and cast.
The Outlaws Season 3 Release Date
Since it was much too soon to confirm such details when the renewal was revealed a few hours ago, we are able to confirm to the readers that the prospective premiere date for the third season has not been released as of this writing. If we had to speculate, we’d say that Season 3 of The Outlaws would premiere somewhere in the first half of 2024. Production for the third season of the show has begun in and around Bristol.
On the contrary, late 2023 appears to be a safe bet for the show’s return. We say this because a large number of important writing rooms have been on strike for some time, which may affect production and push back the platform’s debut.
The Outlaws Storyline
The Outlaws is a wonderful thriller-comedy that never fails to have you on the edge of your seat. Seven people from vastly different backgrounds band together as The Outlaws to fulfill their collective community service obligations in Bristol.
The Outlaws Cast and characters
- Christopher Walken as Frank Sheldon, an American former conman living with his estranged daughter and grandchildren.
- Stephen Merchant as Greg Dillard, an unsuccessful and socially inept lawyer attempting to rebuild his love life following his divorce.
- Rhianne Barreto as Rani Rekowski, a prospective Oxford applicant who struggles under the expectations and high standards of her strict and austere parents.
- Gamba Cole as Ben Eastfield, a young nightclub security guard looking after his younger sister.
- Darren Boyd as John Halloran, a businessman and “right-wing blow-hard” who struggles to impress his unloving father and keep his struggling business afloat
- Clare Perkins as Myrna Okeke, an activist and “left-wing militant” who frequently clashes with John.
- Eleanor Tomlinson as Lady Gabriella “Gabby” Penrose-Howe, an out-of-touch socialite.
- Jessica Gunning as Diane Pemberley, a former juvenile delinquent, now acting as both a supervisor for community service.
- Dolly Wells as Margaret, Frank’s daughter.
- Ian McElhinney as John Halloran Snr., John’s father.
- Nina Wadia as Shanthi Rekowski, Rani’s mother.
- Gyuri Sarossy as Jerzy Rekowski, Rani’s father.
- Aiyana Goodfellow as Esme Eastfield, Ben’s sister.
- Charles Babalola as Christian Taylor, a drug dealer running a drug operation in Bristol for the Dean.
- James Nelson-Joyce as Aiden “Spider” Haswell, a drug dealer who works for Christian.
- Guillermo Bedward as Tom, Frank’s grandson.
- Isla Gie as Holly, Frank’s granddaughter.
- Claes Bang as the Dean, the biggest drug dealer in Bristol.
- Tom Hanson (English actor) as Spencer Fitzwilliam, Greg’s sleazy and mean-spirited colleague who bullies him.
- Sam Troughton as Mr. Wilder, Diane’s superior.
- Richard E. Grant as the Earl of Gloucestershire, Gabby’s aristocratic absentee father.
- Grace Calder as DS Lucy Haines
- Kojo Kamara as DS Selforth
- Michael Cochrane as Mr. Kingsley, Greg’s boss.
- Gerard Horan as Graham Hilgard
- Marcus Fraser as Souljah, a drug dealer who works for Christian.
- Alexandria Riley as Yvonne, Myrna’s sister.
- Elizabeth Dulau as Lesley
The Outlaws Season 3 Expected Plotline
Not much is known about the upcoming third season, although it will likely follow a diverse collection of people as they go to Bristol to serve out their Community Payback sentences. The Outlaws are finally able to go on with their lives now that crime lord The Dean is behind prison awaiting trial, but their happiness is short-lived as one of their own emerges with a deadly secret.
Can the gang establish their innocence before The Dean’s case falls apart and he comes hunting for revenge as a murder manhunt closes in on them? The new season will presumably pick up where the second season left off, with the outlaws having run out of options and time and need to resort to drastic measures in order to escape capture, but only if they can work jointly to pull off the con that finishes all cons. The season two finale aired on July 10, 2022.
The Outlaws Season 3 Trailer
Since production is still in progress and not enough material exists to construct trailers, the network has not released a new teaser or trailer.
The Outlaws Season 3 Episodes
Consistent with the episode count, the next season should feature at least six episodes, each running between 58 and 59 minutes in length.
The Outlaws Season 2 Rating
Fans and critics agree: The Outlaws is a fantastic show. The Outlaws’ allure is undeniable; you won’t even notice the flooring as you lose yourself in the performance. The Outlaws’ high ratings are well-deserved given the show’s success and positive reception. The current rating for this show on IMDb is 7.7 out of 10.
Where can I watch The Outlaws Season 3?
Season 3 of The Outlaws is coming to Prime Video first, with the prior two seasons already available there. Prime Video is available as a standalone streaming service that you can subscribe to if you like. In the United Kingdom, it will debut on BBC One and the BBC iPlayer. The third season will also be distributed internationally by BBC Studios as they did with the first two.
Is The Outlaws worth watching?
Critics and fans alike have praised The Outlaws for being an authentically hilarious crime comedy series. The show’s current success on the market bodes well for its future seasons. You won’t be able to take your eyes off the stage because the tale and the acting in this production are so captivating. As a result, The Outlaws is a no-brainer suggestion that won’t let you down.