The Little Drummer Girl is a British-American television series that began on October 28, 2018, in the United Kingdom, and on November 19, 2018, in the United States, based on the novel of the same name by John le Carre. Park Chan-wook helms the spy series, which was shot in London, Athens, and Prague. BBC One (in the UK) and AMC (in the US) were the first to air the series. The Little Drummer Girl is one of the most critically acclaimed shows of recent years because of its stellar ensemble cast, confident storytelling, and remarkable production design.
The Little Drummer Girl Season 2 Renewal Status
The Little Drummer Girl Season 2 is quite doubtful at this time. The book of the same name by John le Carré, on which the miniseries is based, has no sequels.
The majority of the story was told in the series as well, and it was never meant to be more than a one-off. However, Little Drummer Girl’s ambiguous ending has viewers wondering if the show would spawn a sequel.
The Little Drummer Girl Cast
- Michael Shannon as Martin Kurtz, an Israeli spymaster working in a clandestine agency.
- Alexander Skarsgård as Gadi Becker, a mysterious man whom Charlie encounters on holiday in Greece and becomes her holiday fling. He is then revealed as an Israeli intelligence officer.
- Florence Pugh as Charmian “Charlie” Ross, a radical left-wing English actress in her early 20s who in 1979 is sucked into espionage.
- Michael Moshonov as Shimon Litvak, a key Israeli member of Kurtz’s team.
- Simona Brown as Rachel, a charismatic young operative working in Kurtz’s team.
- Jeff Wilbusch as Anton Mesterbein, a Swiss lawyer and an associate of Michel.
- Clare Holman as Miss Bach, an Englishwoman who is a key member of Kurtz’s Munich team.
- Daniel Litman as Daniel, an operative working in Kurtz’s team.
- Kate Sumpter as Rose, an operative working with Kurtz’s team who befriends Charlie in Greece.
- Gennady Fleyscher as Schwilli
- Alessandro Piavani as Rossino, an Italian terrorist working with the Palestinians.
- Amir Khoury as Michel, a Palestinian revolutionary who runs a terror network in Europe and Khalil’s youngest brother.
- Charles Dance as Commander Picton, a British secret service official.
- Alexander Beyer as Dr Paul Alexis
- Lubna Azabal as Fatmeh, sister of Khalil and Michel.
- Max Irons as Al, Charlie’s on and off boyfriend, a self-righteously political and big-headed actor.
- Katharina Schüttler as Helga, a radical left-wing revolutionary who helps Michel recruit disillusioned European women into his network.
- Adel Bencherif as Tayeh, the commander of a Palestinian terrorist camp.
- Bethany Muir as Sophie
- Charif Ghattas as Khalil Al Khadar
- Iben Akerlie as Anna Witgen, Michel’s girlfriend and accomplice.
- Mark Stanley as Arthur A Halloran, an unstable American trainee in the Palestinian camp who helps to train other foreign volunteers to become bombers.
- Ricki Hayut as Professor Irene Minkel, a liberal Israeli academic and peace campaigner who is targeted for assassination.
The Little Drummer Girl Plot
Based on John le Carre’s best-selling novel, The Little Drummer Girl is an engrossing six-part miniseries. The drama weaves a story of international intrigue and espionage around a classic love story from the 1970s. Young, gorgeous, and idealistic actress Charlie (Florence Pugh) spends her vacation in Greece. There, she begins flirting with a mystery man identified only as Gadi Becker. Charlie is being led into a high-stakes, sophisticated operation devised by Kurtz, the espionage mastermind, and it turns out that Becker is actually an Israeli intelligence officer. She enrolls in espionage school and commits herself to a career as a double agent. While getting deeper and deeper into a dangerous world full of compromised humans and dishonesty, she begins to develop feelings for both Kurtz and Becker.
The Little Drummer Girl Ending
Although Kurtz (Michael Shannon) and Charlie (Florence Pugh) reveal that they killed Khalil (Charif Ghattas) and the other key members of the Al-Khader group, they also reveal that a similar attack to that took place by the Al-Khader cell occurred in Amsterdam, killing 15 people. Thus, it’s possible that Khalil’s cell was able to regroup without him.
What about Charlie, how will she handle the tragedy she has experienced? She was an accessory to the murder of a guy and a witness to the murders of many others. An offshoot may examine Charlie’s efforts to separate herself from the spy world. The finale concluded with Charlie (Charlie McDermott) and Gadi (Alexander Skarsgard) back together again.
The Little Drummer Girl Trailer
Watch the first season’s trailer while we wait for news on the second. Visit AMC to see the entire first season of the show if you haven’t already.
The Little Drummer Girl Rating
The series has received an approval rating of 95% based on 75 reviews on the review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, with an average rating of 7.8/10. According to the reviews, “The Little Drummer Girl marches to a steady beat of assured plotting, extraordinary art direction, and a uniformly terrific cast that makes the show’s smolderingly slow-burn pace bearable.” According to Metacritic, “generally favorable reviews” are indicated by a weighted average score of 75 out of 100 based on 18 critics.