Season 1 of Little Women ended on a high note, and now we are unable to stop imagining the Korean drama that captivated us for so long. This has to be one of the best K-drama productions of the year, with a captivating story that provided us with a new twist every week; we’ve enjoyed watching it take over the weekend slot previously occupied by Alchemy of Souls.
The drama features an ensemble cast including Kim Go-eun, Nam Ji-hyun, Park Ji-hoo, and Wi Ha-joon, and was directed by Kim Hee-won and written by Jung Seo-kyung. After six action-packed weeks, the show’s final 12 episodes have aired, and we already miss it terribly. After the way the season finale played out, though, we can’t help but wonder if there will be a second season. While it would appear that the Jeongran Society is no longer active, we are well aware that not all of its pioneers are still with us. But society is more than this; judging by the abundance of blossoms on the Father tree, these individuals are destined to return.
Little Women Season 2 Renewal Status
As of the time of this writing, tvN has not ordered a second season of Little Women. It would be fascinating to see if they renew this for a second season in light of the ratings in recent weeks. The show’s national audience share was 6.3% during the premiere, and it has steadily increased to a high of 8.6% for the most recent episode. We expect Little Women to be canceled after its first season, regardless of its ratings or the fact that it only has 12 episodes instead of 16.
Little Women Season 2 Release Date
Unfortunately for viewers, no airtimes or even announcements have been made for Little Women Season 2. Given that the first season of this fantastic Korean series has only recently concluded, it will take some time for the show’s creators, cast, and crew to come to a conclusion. Nonetheless, the creators of Little Women’s second season might surprise viewers with a present in 2019! In 2023, they’ll be able to catch the next season. They might also watch it by the end of the year or the beginning of 2024.
Little Women Storyline
About three close-knit sisters who endured adversity together while growing up. The sisters find themselves pitted against the country’s most prosperous family after being entangled in a major event. Oh In Joo, played by Kim Go Eun, wants to provide for her family. As a child living in extreme poverty, all she ever wanted was to be able to provide for herself and her family like any other family. Nonetheless, a major turning point in her life changes everything.
Nam Ji Hyun plays the role of Oh In Kyung, the second sister, a news reporter who puts principle before financial gain and always tries to do the right thing. When a mysterious case from the beginning of her career as a journalist surfaces again, she sets out to uncover the facts. Oh In Hye, the younger sister who Park Ji Hu develops into, is overtaken by her big sisters’ love and becomes their focus. Due to her family’s financial situation, she has never had access to top-quality art supplies, but she decides to enroll in an art high school anyhow.
Little Women Cast and characters
- Kim Go-eun as Oh In-ju
- Park So-yi as young Oh In-ju; The eldest sister. She grew up in a terribly poor environment and is still poor. Ever since she was a young child, In-ju realized that money was the most important thing to protect herself and her family. Her dream is to live an ordinary life like other people. She gets involved in a case that could change her life.
- Nam Ji-hyun as Oh In-kyung; The middle sister. She is an enthusiastic reporter at a news station. In-kyung believes in doing the right thing. She also has always been poor, but grew up in a more comfortable environment, so money doesn’t rule her life. She begins to dig into a mysterious case that she encountered when she first became a reporter.
- Park Ji-hu as Oh In-hye; The youngest sister, who studies at a prestigious art high school due to her natural drawing skills, and sometimes feels that her sisters’ love for her is too much. Her sisters are her de facto parents and are fiercely protective of her.
Kang Hoon as Ha Jong-ho; Oh In-kyung’s childhood friend and strong supporter, who has feelings for her.
- Cho Seung-yeon as Jo Wan-gyu; Director of OBN Social Department.
- Gong Min-jeung as Jang Ma-ri; A reporter at YBC news agency.
- Kim Mi-sook as Oh Hye-seok; Great-aunt of the three sisters.
- Park Ji-young as Ahn Hee-yeon; Mother of the three sisters.
TBA as Oh Soo-bok
- Um Ki-joon as Park Jae-sang; A lawyer and rookie politician who gets involved with the three sisters.
- Uhm Ji-won as Won Sang-ah; General’s daughter, politician’s wife and Director of the Museum of Art. Her relationship with the three sisters begins when Sang-ah’s daughter Hyorin becomes involved with Oh In-hye.
- Jeon Chae-eun as Park Hyo-rin; Park Jae-sang and Won Sang-ah’s daughter, and Oh In-hye’s best friend.
- Lee Do-yeop as Won Ki-seon
- Lee Min-woo as Won Sang-woo
- Wi Ha-joon as Choi Do-il
- Park Bo-kyung as Go Soo-im
- Jang Gwang as Jang Sa-pyoun
- Cho Yeon-jin as Hwang Bo-yeon
- Seong-yul as Soo-ha
- Kim Jung-pal as Lee Yong-gwi
- Kim Myung-soo as Choi Hee-jae
- Choo Ja-hyun as Jin Hwa-young
- Oh Jung-se as Director Shin / Shin Hyun-min
- Song Joong-ki as Park Joo-hyung
- Adrian Pang as Calvin Ng
- Joshua Tan as Hotel Receptionist
Little Women Season 2 Trailer
At this time, a teaser for Season 2 has not been released.
Little Women Season 1 Rating
The popularity and viewership of the Korean drama series “Little Women” are both very high. IMDb gives Little Women an 8.5/10, Asian Wiki gives it an 89%, and I give it an 8.5/10 in my list of dramas to see.
Where can I watch Little Women?
If you want to watch this show, Netflix is the official streaming service. Despite the fact that it’s a subscription service, members have access to many popular TV series and movies. You can watch an episode whenever you like if you haven’t before.