https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSu2rkUBdQc&pp=ygUedGhlIGxhc3Qgc2hpcCBzZWFzb24gNSB0cmFpbGVyBased on William Brinkley’s novel of the same name from 1988, ‘The Last Ship’ is an American action-drama series. It was written by ‘Without a Trace’ co-creators Hank Steinberg and Steven L. Kane. The series began on June 22, 2014, on TNT.
After learning that a global pandemic has killed out the vast majority of the world’s population, the crew of a naval destroyer is forced to adjust to a new way of life. Critics noted that there have been similar shows previously, but said that “Movie-sized action sequences and a pretty cast provide smooth sailing for ‘The Last Ship’, though it’s not anything that hasn’t been seen before.”
The Last Ship Season 6 Renewal Status
The Last Ship’s sixth season has been officially canceled, therefore it’s time to learn to deal with heartbreak. The sixth installment will be the last, as the series has been canceled.
The Last Ship, developed by Hank Steinberg and Steven Kane, is an exciting, upbeat TV show. Eric Dane, Charles Parnell, Adam Baldwin, and Travis Van Winkle are the series’ main cast members. On June 22, 2014, the series made its debut on TNT. There have been a total of five full seasons so far.
The Last Ship Season 6 Release Date
On September 9, 2018, Season 5 of “The Last Ship” debuted. Unfortunately for viewers, TNT had already decided that Season 5 would be the final before Season 5 was ever released. Despite a slight drop in the ratings in the final episodes, it was still a reliable performer for the network.
There is still a remote possibility that another network would pick up the show, so fans shouldn’t give up hope just yet. If this happens, we will let you know when Season 6 of The Last Ship will be available to stream.
The Last Ship Storyline
The characters aboard a naval destroyer are central to the story of The Last Ship. The majority of humankind on Earth is wiped off by a pandemic. And the few had to face the harsh realities of their new lives. Their goal was straightforward: to find a solution to this devastating pandemic. Nearly 70% of the world’s population has been wiped out by the global epidemic, and the crew has to identify a means to stop it.
The Last Ship Cast
- Eric Dane as Commander, later Captain, and finally Admiral Tom Chandler
- Rhona Mitra as Dr. Rachel Scott, a paleo microbiologist who created the cure for the virus.
- Adam Baldwin as Commander, later Captain, and finally Admiral Mike Slattery, is the former executive officer and later commanding officer of Nathan James and chief of naval operations.
- Charles Parnell as Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy Russell “Russ” Jeter previously served as Nathan James’s senior enlisted sailor and unofficial chaplain.
- Marissa Neitling as Commander Kara Green (née Foster) started the series as a combat information center officer on Nathan James before being promoted to tactical action officer (TAO) after the death of Lt. Commander Barker.
- Christina Elmore as Lieutenant Commander Alisha Granderson is an officer of the deck on Nathan James.
- John Pyper-Ferguson as Ken “Tex” Nolan is a private security/military contractor and former U.S. Army Special Forces soldier who joined the crew at Guantanamo Bay detention camp.
- Jocko Sims as Commander Carlton Burk is head of Nathan James visit, board, search, and seizure (VBSS) teams.
- Kevin Michael Martin as Chief Gunner’s Mate Eric Miller is a member of the ship’s VBSS teams who has worked his way up the enlisted ranks
- Bren Foster as Chief Petty Officer Wolf “Wolf-Man” Taylor is a member of the Royal Australian Navy CDT 3 (Special Forces) attached to the US Navy Special Warfare Joint Operations Training Program.
- Bridget Regan as Sasha Cooper, a former Navy Intelligence Officer now operating under diplomatic cover in China for the newly reformed US government
- LaMonica Garrett as Lieutenant Commander Cameron Burk is the brother of CDR Carlton Burk and the TAO of USS Nathan James in season 3.
- Fay Masterson as Captain Andrea Garnett is the commanding officer of the USS Jeffrey Michener.
- Emerson Brooks as Admiral Joseph Meylan is the former commanding officer of USS Hayward
- Jodie Turner-Smith as Sergeant Azima Kandie served in the Kenyan Navy for two years
The Last Ship Season 5 Recap
As the series finale, Season 5 of “The Last Ship” consists of 10 episodes and begins nearly three years after the red flu pandemic, though the scenario has changed slightly; Nathan the war hero is currently educating new naval fleet students about navy; his team is still together; and we get to see Chandler, who is now teaching young children. Season 5 also begins with the emergence of another pandemic-like virus, condivirus. Since it will be difficult for Nathan and the country to battle alone, we also witness the establishment of a temporary coalition.
In the middle of the season, Nathan’s crew sets out on a mission that could determine the outcome of the battle. Chandler continues his crucial role on land, and at the season’s climax, we see how it’s an all-out conflict and he finally has to face his anxieties, but the last ship, the ship of hope, is lost.
The Last Ship Season 6 Trailer
Watch the trailer for Season 5 of ‘The Last Ship’ while we wait for Season 6 renewal news.
Where to watch The Last Ship?
Netflix has episodes of The Last Ship that you may watch. You can watch the entire series from the beginning on Netflix.
The Last Ship Age Rating
The Last Ship has a TV-14 rating. This indicates that there are adult themes or situations that younger viewers may find upsetting. Possible triggers for The Last Ship include strong coarse language, powerful sexual encounters, intense violence, and/or intensely suggestive conversation.