Dave Filoni, Carrie Beck, and Simon Kinberg’s “Star Wars Rebels” is an animated science fiction television series released by Disney-ABC Domestic Television. ‘Star Wars’, by George Lucas, is the clear inspiration for this show. It debuted on Disney XD on October 3, 2014.
The events of the show occur while the Galactic Empire is still in power. Imperial forces are on the search for the last remaining Jedi Knights as a rebellion against the Empire brews. At that point, the spaceship makes the decision to take a stand. The show’s visuals are based on the idea of the original ‘Star Wars’ trilogy, and the tale takes place between the events of ‘A New Hope’ and ‘Revenge of the Sith,’ a span of five and fourteen years.
Star Wars: The Clone Wars came before ‘Star Wars Rebels,’ and ‘Star Wars: Resistance’ will come after it if you’re a lover of the saga. Fans probably don’t need much persuading to keep reading, but I feel obligated to point out that ‘Star Wars Rebels’ has been met with positive reviews.
Star Wars Rebels Season 5 Renewal Status
This is a hard subject, because even though creator Dave Filoni has said “no” to a Season 5, that doesn’t necessarily rule out the possibility of a Season 5. Season 5 of Star Wars Rebels is widely expected to be based on Star Wars: Ahsoka. Let’s examine the situation from both perspectives.
Star Wars Rebels Season 5 Release Date
Dave Filoni, Carrie Beck, and Simon Kinberg are responsible for the creation of Star Wars Rebels. Disney-ABC Domestic Television distributes the show once it is developed by Lucasfilm Animation. The series’ inspiration comes from George Lucas’s Star Wars. The series premiered on Disney XD on October 3, 2014.
Star Wars Rebels Season 4 premiered on Oct. 16, 2017. Until November 13th, 2017, it was broadcast. On February 19, 2018, the show returned. After that, the program ended. The show could be taken up and continue airing. Although Filoni and his group are hard at work on “Star Wars: The Clone Wars” for Disney+, it has not yet been released. Season 5 of Star Wars Rebels is definitely hard to anticipate.
Star Wars Rebels Cast and characters
- Taylor Gray as Ezra Bridger, a teenage street kid who is taken in by Kanan to be trained as a Jedi.
- Vanessa Marshall as Hera Syndulla, a Twi’lek pilot turned Rebel Commander (later General) and the daughter of Ryloth freedom fighter Cham Syndulla.
- Freddie Prinze Jr. as Kanan Jarrus, formerly known as Jedi Padawan Caleb Dume, who survived the events of Order 66. He is Ezra’s mentor and leader of the Ghost Crew.
- Tiya Sircar as Sabine Wren, a young Mandalorian warrior who’s fixated on art.
- Steven Blum as Garazeb “Zeb” Orrelios, a former Lasat honor guard member and rebel who wants the Empire to pay for massacring his people.
- Dave Filoni as Chopper, Hera’s astromech droid who can be a bit reckless.
- David Oyelowo as Agent Kallus, an influential member of the Imperial ground team who is tasked with overviewing Imperial activities.
- James Earl Jones as Darth Vader, a powerful Sith Lord who was once the Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker, but is now the apprentice of Darth Sidious.
- Matt Lanter as Anakin Skywalker, a former Jedi Knight who became Darth Vader.
- Jason Isaacs as the Grand Inquisitor, a former Jedi Temple Guard who turned to the dark side and was tasked with hunting down surviving Jedi.
- David Shaughnessy as Commandant Cumberlayne Aresko and Taskmaster Myles Grint, Imperial officers stationed on the planet Lothal.
- Liam O’Brien as Yogar Lyste, an Imperial lieutenant stationed on Lothal.
- Keith Szarabajka as Cikatro Vizago, a Devaronian crime lord who the Ghost crew occasionally runs errands and smuggles goods for in exchange for credits and information.
- Phil LaMarr as Bail Organa, the Senator of planet Alderaan, owner of the droids C-3PO and R2-D2
- Dante Basco as Jai Kell, a Lothalian aiding Ezra and the Ghost crew during the Imperial occupation of Lothal as part of Ryder Azadi’s rebel cell.
- Ashley Eckstein as Ahsoka Tano, the former Padawan of Anakin Skywalker, who aids the rebellion with pivotal assets.
- Brent Spiner as Gall Trayvis, an Imperial Senator posing as a dissident in an attempt to lure rebel forces out of hiding.
- Keone Young as Commander Jun Sato, the leader of the Phoenix Squadron rebel cell.
- Jim Cummings as Hondo Ohnaka, a Weequay who led a group of space pirates that operated on the Outer Rim called during the Clone Wars.
- Philip Anthony-Rodriguez as Fifth Brother, an Inquisitor of an unknown species and the partner of the Seventh Sister.
- Sarah Michelle Gellar as Seventh Sister, a Mirialan Inquisitor and the partner of the Fifth Brother.
- Gina Torres as Ketsu Onyo, a Mandalorian bounty hunter working for the Black Sun, is an old friend of Sabine Wren.
- Clancy Brown as Ryder Azadi, the former Governor of Lothal and a family friend to Ephraim and Mira Bridger.
- Kevin McKidd as Fenn Rau, the Protectors of Concord Dawn, part of the elite Protectors organization who guard the royal family of Mandalore.
- Sam Witwer as Maul, a rogue Sith Lord and former apprentice to Darth Sidious who seeks to hunt down his nemesis Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Star Wars Rebels Season 5 Plotline
The plot of Star Wars Rebels Season 5 is unknown. The story’s potential direction was hinted at in the Season 4 two-part conclusion “Family Reunion and Farewell.”
As the final season of the Star Wars Rebels series, it finished on a number of intriguing tangents. What became of Ezra following the season 4 finale is the biggest mystery for viewers. Ezra was able to resist Palpatine’s temptations to join the Dark Side and help free his home planet of Lothal after spending three seasons discovering his way in the rebellion against the Galactic Empire, honing his Force abilities, and being a Jedi with the guidance of his mentor Kanan Jarrus. Ezra utilized the Force to call upon the Purrgil, gigantic purple whales capable of traversing hyperspace, and the Loth-Wolves to defeat the Rebels’ archenemy, Grand Admiral Thrawn. With Ezra, Thrawn, and the entire Imperial fleet aboard, he ordered the Purrgil to return to hyperspace.
The Ghost’s crew, who we’d been following since the series’ inception, also went their separate ways at the end of Season 4. After the confrontation with Thrawn, Ezra vanished, prompting Sabine to set off on a new mission alongside Ahsoka to track him down. As shown in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, Hera and Rex continue to fight as members of the Rebel Alliance, taking part in both the Battle of Scarif and the Battle of Endor. Hera gave birth to Jacen, her and Kanan’s son, thanks to a time jump.
Season 4 was meant to be the final chapter in the Star Wars Rebels saga, but the show’s time enter into the future and the many ways it could depict the Skywalker saga from a new perspective (through the eyes of the remaining Rebels characters) suggest an exciting new path for the franchise to take.
Star Wars Rebels Season 5 Trailer
Watch the trailer for Season 4 of ‘Star Wars Rebels’ down below, and if you’re a fan of the franchise, you really should be.