Victor Fresco created it initially for Netflix. Along with Barrymore, Olyphant, Aaron Kaplan, Tracy Kautsky, Chris Miller, Ember Truesdell, and Ruben, Victor Fresco serves as the show’s executive producer.
When it was available on Netflix, the television series was a huge hit with viewers thanks to its clever blend of comedy and zombies that sets it apart from the service’s other original programming. Fans of Santa Clarita Diet’s unusual screenplay and extremely well-written plot are still catching up on the first three seasons while they eagerly await the fourth. Fans have sent petitions after Netflix canceled the fourth season, which has prompted the streaming service to reconsider.
Santa Clarita Diet Season 4 Renewal Status
Netflix has a peculiar tradition of terminating shows after their third season. Even the most cherished Zom-Com was not safe from this ceremony. Netflix decided to end the show after its most popular season. The streaming giant typically gives the go-ahead for a second season after a successful first. The final season of the show also had the highest ratings and best reviews. Despite this, Netflix opted not to continue the show for a fourth season.
Santa Clarita Diet Season 4 Release Date
Season 4 of Santa Clarita Diet, which had been scheduled for release by the last day of March 2020, has been canceled once again. Netflix typically decides whether or not to renew a show a couple of months following the release of the most recent season. This gives them ample time to evaluate the popularity of the show and the season. Season 2 of Santa Clarita Diet was confirmed more than a month after the 2017 premiere, and season 3 was confirmed in 2018.
Santa Clarita Diet Storyline
The sitcom follows the lives of Santa Clarita residents Joel and Sheila Hammond. Sheila suffers a transformation, becoming inexplicably undead, and suddenly craving human flesh, which sets the couple up for a series of problems. The series continues with Joel and the family’s efforts to support Sheila as she undergoes her transformation.
With Anne’s departure and the Knights no longer posing an issue for Joel and Sheila, season 3 of Santa Clarita Diet came to a close. Season four may see the return of Anne, as well as new drama and zombie action, although the focus may be on Joel becoming infected by Mrs. Ball and Sheila turning him into a zombie to save her husband. Seeing what kind of zombie Joel becomes would be hilarious and fascinating.
Santa Clarita Diet Cast and characters
- Drew Barrymore as Sheila Hammond, Joel’s wife and Abby’s mother.
- Timothy Olyphant as Joel Hammond, Sheila’s husband and Abby’s father.
- Liv Hewson as Abby Hammond, Sheila and Joel’s daughter.
- Skyler Gisondo as Eric Bemis, the Hammonds’ neighbor, Lisa’s son and Dan’s stepson.
- Ricardo Chavira as Dan Palmer, a sheriff’s deputy, the Hammonds’ neighbor, and Eric’s stepfather who is killed by Joel with a shovel and later eaten by Sheila.
- Mary Elizabeth Ellis as Lisa Palmer, Dan’s wife, Eric’s mother, and Sheila’s friend.
- Andy Richter as Carl Coby, the Hammonds’ obnoxious boss.
- Richard T. Jones as Rick, a Santa Monica police officer, the Hammonds’ neighbor, and Joel’s friend.
- Joy Osmanski as Alondra, Rick’s wife and Sheila’s friend.
- Kaylee Bryant as Sarah, a classmate of Abby and Eric’s.
- Nathan Fillion as Gary West, a realtor and the Hammonds’ co-worker. He is the first person Sheila kills and eats who later turns into a zombie, though only his decayed, severed head remains and is kept by the Hammonds out of guilt.
- Natalie Morales as Anne Garcia, a religious sheriff’s deputy and Dan’s partner who becomes romantically involved with Lisa after Dan goes missing.
- Thomas Lennon as Andrei Novak, the principal of Santa Clarita High School.
- Ramona Young as Ramona, a wise Rite-Aid employee who turns out to be a zombie.
- Sydney Park as Winter, a classmate of Abby and Eric’s who is in the environmental club with them.
- Grace Zabriskie as Mrs. Bakavić, Novak’s Serbian grandmother.
- DeObia Oparei as Loki Hayes, a convicted felon. He turns into a zombie when Sheila is unsuccessful in killing him.
- Jonathan Slavin as Ron, an asylum inmate
- Joel McHale as Chris, a realtor who is married to Christa
- Maggie Lawson as Christa, a realtor who is married to Chris
- Zachary Knighton as Paul , Marsha’s husband and a descendant of the Knights of Serbia, who has been tasked with ending the zombie outbreak
- Jee Young Han as Marsha, Paul’s wife, who is helping him with the mission to end the zombie outbreak
- Ethan Suplee as Tommy , Paul’s brother, former Marine Corps sniper, crossbow enthusiast, and a descendant of the Knights of Serbia, who has taken over his brother’s mission
- Shalita Grant as FBI Agent Tess Rogers in season 3
- Matt Shively as Christian), a student at Abby and Eric’s school who is also Chris and Christa’s son
- Linda Lavin as Jean, a woman Sheila delivers Meals on Wheels to and is later turned into a zombie by Sheila.
- Goran Višnjić as Dobrivoje Poplović, a man who works in Serbia who is transferred to Santa Clarita
Santa Clarita Diet Season 4 Plotline
Season 3 of Santa Clarita Diet concluded much of the events of season 2, with Anne ultimately leaving (and leaving the Hammonds alone), the Knights of Serbia ceasing to be a problem for Sheila and Joel, and the fracking site explosion dying down. All of it, plus some brand new twists and turns, has built up an even crazier fourth season of Santa Clarita Diet.
Season 3 of Santa Clarita Diet recap: Anne is no longer an annoyance to the Hammonds, but she did manage to persuade many people that Shiela is a godlike person; The Hammonds no longer have to deal with Ron because he has given up on trying to turn everyone into zombies (though he could possibly be part of a new Sheila-focused, zombie-protecting team? ), and on a more upbeat note, Abby and Eric seem to be giving their relationship a real shot now that they are both members of the Knights of Serbia.
However, the most intriguing plot point that could have been developed in Santa Clarita Diet Season 4 was Mr. Ball Legs’ alleged murder of Joel after crawling into his brain through his ear canal. And Sheila transforms Joel into a zombie to protect her husband. One of Joel’s main fears when Sheila asked him to spend eternity with her was whether or not he would turn out to be a zombie, therefore it would have been fascinating to watch what kind of zombie he became. At the very least, a millennium. All of this could have been the start of a wild fourth season of Santa Clarita Diet.
Santa Clarita Diet Season 4: Will it ever return?
Netflix satisfied their audience with just the right amount of both fear and humor. as the Santa Clarita eating plan. This show quickly became everyone’s favorite. Fans have started rewatching their favorite series as a result of the current quarantine scenario. After viewing all three seasons in one sitting, viewers are eager for more. Season 4 of Santa Clarita Diet has become increasingly popular. After being canceled, many television shows have been brought back into production or taken up by another producer or streaming service. The supporters are praying for a miracle.
Netflix announced the show’s discontinuation for future seasons on April 26, 2019. A number of Twitter campaigns and hashtags, such as #SaveSantaClaritaDiet, were established by concerned viewers after some time had passed. But it had little effect on the show’s creators, and they nevertheless canceled it.
Some accounts state that financial issues were the primary cause of the show’s discontinuation. In comparison to Netflix’s other original series, the profit margin on this one was quite low. That’s why, despite the show’s perfect score on Rotten Tomatoes, they opted to pull the plug so soon. The potential for season four of this show is now completely dead.