Season 5 of the hit American sci-fi/drama/mystery TV series Roswell, New Mexico has finally here. The first season of the show premiered this year. Season after season of the smash hit show kept coming out, even during the height of the COVID-19 Pandemic. Season four premiered in 2022, and Season five is now in the works.
Liz Ortecho’s hidden past and the love of her teenage years are at the heart of Roswell, New Mexico. While visiting her hometown of Roswell, New Mexico, Liz runs into her high school crush, only to learn that he is actually an alien. An attack on the world happens as she is trying to keep this secret safe. When an alien invader threatens Earth, everything is turned upside down. Is the popular American SF franchise getting a continuation?
Roswell, New Mexico Season 5 Renewal Status
Season 4 of Roswell, New Mexico is now available on Netflix, marking the final collection of episodes to find their way to the streaming service. Because the network, The CW, has decided not to renew the show for a fifth season.
Roswell, New Mexico Season 5 Release Date
Roswell, New Mexico wasn’t the only show The CW canceled in 2022; other notable casualties included Batwoman, Legends of Tomorrow, and even the final installment of the Vampire Diaries, Legacies. At the time of the cancellation announcements, no official justification was given; nonetheless, it was widely suspected that discussions of a sale with Nexstar were a major factor. Perhaps it didn’t help that Discovery bought Warner Bros. and then reshuffled the executive deck.
With the transaction now closed, it appears like The CW will be targeting an older demographic with their new shows. Shows like Roswell, New Mexico, which aimed for a younger demographic, were naturally axed because they didn’t suit that vision and because they relied heavily on special effects.
Roswell, New Mexico Storyline
The American science fiction television series Roswell, New Mexico premiered on January 15, 2019. The story follows Liz Ortecho, a teenager who moves back to her hometown of Roswell, New Mexico after attending college elsewhere and discovers that her high school crush is an alien who hides his superpowers. She resolves to conceal his secrets after they get back together, but his presence will be exposed, causing political unease.
Roswell, New Mexico Cast
- Jeanine Mason as Liz Ortecho, a jaded biomedical researcher and the daughter of undocumented immigrants
- Nathan Dean as Max Evans, a natural-born leader and dedicated Roswell deputy sheriff, who has kept his true identity a secret for years
- Michael Vlamis as Michael Guerin, a troubled but brilliant alien drifter, who survived a traumatic childhood and is trying to find a way to escape Earth
- Lily Cowles as Isobel Evans, an alien and Max’s sister, keeps her true identity a secret by living her life with grace and enthusiasm
- Tyler Blackburn as Alex Manes, an Air Force veteran with his fair share of physical and psychological trauma.
- Heather Hemmens as Maria DeLuca, Liz and Rosa’s best friend, who is a bartender at the popular saloon the Wild Pony
- Michael Trevino as Kyle Valenti, a doctor and the son of the town sheriff, who learns about horrible things that have happened in his family’s past
- Trevor St. John as Jesse Manes, Alex’s homophobic and violent father, a senior master sergeant with a secret to hide
- Karan Oberoi as Noah Bracken, Isobel’s charming, devoted lawyer husband, who senses a secret in his wife
- Amber Midthunder as Rosa Ortecho, Liz’s older sister, who was apparently killed in a car crash while driving high on drugs, killing two other girl passengers in the process. Liz gradually comes to realize that Max may have been involved in her death.
- Carlos Compean as Arturo Ortecho, Liz’s father, who runs the Crashdown Cafe diner.
- Kayla Ewell as Nora Truman, Michael’s biological mother who was present at the UFO crash in 1947
- Rosa Arredondo as Michelle Valenti, Kyle’s mother, who succeeded her late husband, Jim Valenti, as sheriff of Roswell
- Dylan McTee as Wyatt Long, the brother of one of the girls Rosa Ortecho killed in a car accident, who harbors a grudge against her family
- Riley Voelkel as Jenna Cameron, Max’s fellow deputy and partner In the fourth season, she joins the FBI.
- Sherri Saum as Mimi DeLuca, Maria’s mother, who suffers from an undiagnosed mental illness typified by some temporary memory loss and her belief in aliens
- Claudia Black as Ann Evans, Max and Isobel’s adoptive mother
- Kiowa Gordon as Flint Manes, Alex Manes’ older brother
- Justina Adorno as Steph
- Jason Behr as Tripp Manes
- Cassandra Jean Amell as Louise Truman
- Gaius Charles as Roy Bronson
- Jamie Clayton as Grace Powell / Charlie Cameron
- Cleo Anthony as Diego
- Christian Antidormi as Forrest Long
- Tanner Novlan as Gregory Manes
- La’Charles Trask as Bert
- Steven Krueger as Heath, Liz’s colleague at Genoryx
- Sibongile Mlambo as Anatsa, an investigative journalist
- David DeSantos as Edgar
- Michael Grant Terry as Jordan Bernhardt
- Gillian Vigman as Brooke Taylor
- Quentin Plair as Dallas
- Andrew Lees as Clyde
- Zoe Cipres as Bonnie
- Rekha Sharma as Dr. Shivani Sen
Roswell, New Mexico Season 5 Plot
Season 5 of Roswell, Mexico was canceled before it was ever written. However, in the final season, viewers were given a satisfying conclusion.
Chris Hollier, the show’s executive producer, was questioned by CBR if he found it difficult to swallow the pill when the show was canceled. “It was a bitter pill to swallow just because we had a lot more stories to tell and I love working with those people,” he added of the actors and crew members who appear in the show. Everyone there is wonderful. We were able to give our actors and our viewers closure since the network provided us advance notice of our planned direction.
Hollier was also questioned about his feelings toward the series’ final season’s conclusion. I always want more, he said, but this would be a great location to call it a day if we had to. It mattered a great deal to us. The network’s survival depended on it as well. Collectively, we reached the conclusion, “OK, it has to be this. What’s our plan of action? However, it was encouraging to see the issues being dealt with and the episode ending on a positive note.
Roswell, New Mexico Season 4 Rating
I can promise you if you have never seen the series before and are wondering about its quality, that it is pretty nice! The show has received generally positive reviews from critics and audiences alike, earning a 6.1/10 on IMDb and 69% on Rotten Tomatoes. For sure, I’ll be watching this series. Look at what others have said about it if you’re still on the fence about going.
Where to watch Roswell, New Mexico Season 5?
All of Roswell, New Mexico’s seasons are available on services like Netflix and Amazon Prime Instant Video. Viewers can also tune in via The CW’s website or the network’s mobile app.