On December 25, 2022, the last episode of Reborn Rich was released. The sitcom was able to keep viewers interested because of its intriguing plot and thrilling climaxes. Many viewers hope that the K-drama will be renewed for a second season because of the ambiguous ending.
These days, Song Joong-ki is never out of the news. Following his portrayal of an antihero in Vincenzo, he once again shocked audiences by switching between two eras and characters. The final episode of Reborn Rich achieved 26.9% nationwide ratings, making it the second highest-rated drama in the history of Korean cable television in terms of both attendance ratings and viewership.
Reborn Rich Season 2 Renewal Status
The season finale of Reborn Rich shocked viewers and altered the course of the show forever. Episode 16’s dramatic turn of events came as a complete surprise to viewers. Fans, though, were left wanting more. Is Season 2 of Reborn Rich in the works? To be honest, we don’t know. Neither JTBC, the show’s network, nor Netflix, which distributes it, has commented on whether or not the show will be renewed. It usually takes the streaming services a few months to decide whether or not to renew a show. It’s also highly unlikely that a K-drama will be renewed for a second season.
The show, however, was an international smash hit. Many people all across the world watched the streaming juggernaut once it premiered to see what would happen. The show’s ratings continued climbing week by week, making it the first Korean drama to ever achieve that feat. With a 26.9% national audience share, the show surpassed every other drama ever aired on the cable network. Consequently, given its reception, Season 2 of Reborn Rich on Netflix is a distinct possibility.
Reborn Rich Storyline
The Jin family, who control the prosperous Sunyang Group, are fortunate to have the services of Yoon Hyun Woo, a loyal, industrious, and committed secretary. However, one day his own family turns on him and blames him for embezzlement. This is a particularly painful betrayal. Soon after, he disappears, only to be “resurrected” when he suddenly finds himself in the body of Jin Do Joo, the family’s youngest male member.
After accepting what has happened, he seeks vengeance. He plans to remove Jin Yang Chul as CEO of the Sunyang Group. Famous for his relentless pursuit of wealth, Jin Yang Chul has earned a bad reputation. To get back at the people he believes are responsible for his untimely demise, Yoon Hyun Wo plans to utilize his new “identity” to carry out a hostile takeover of the company.
Where does a tenacious prosecutor by the name of Seo Min Young fit into this scenario, though? Seo Min Young’s reputation as the “Sunyang Group Grim Reaper” has helped her become a byword for uncovering instances of misconduct.
Reborn Rich Cast
- Song Joong-ki as Jin Do-jun or Yoon Hyun-woo, The senior manager of the Future Asset Management Department in Soonyang Group is killed by the Soonyang family.
- Lee Sung-min as Jin Yang-chul, the head of the family and founder of Soonyang Group
- Shin Hyun-been as Seo Min-young, a prosecutor at the Seoul Central District Prosecutors’ Office.
- Yoon Je-moon as known as Jin Young-ki, the eldest son of the Soonyang family.
- Kim Jung-nan as Son Jung-dae, Jin Young-ki’s wife.
- Kim Nam-hee as Jin Seong-jun, Jin Young-ki’s son. The eldest grandchild of the Soonyang family
- Park Ji-hyun as Mo Hyun-min, Jin Seong-jun’s wife. Director of an art gallery and the only daughter of Hyunsung Ilbo’s owner.
- Jo Han-chul as Jin Dong-ki, the second son of the Soonyang family.
- Seo Jae-hee as Yoo Ji-na, Jin Dong-ki’s wife
- Jo Hye-joo as Jin Ye-jun, Jin Dong-ki’s daughter.
- Kim Shin-rok is as Jin Hwa-young, the third child and only daughter of the Soonyang family.
- Kim Do-hyun as Choi Chang-je, Jin Hwa-young’s husband.
- Kim Young-jae as Jin Yoon-ki, Jin Do-jun’s father.
- Jung Hye-young as Lee Hae-in, Jin Do-jun’s mother
- Kang Ki-doong as Jin Hyung-jun, Jin Do-jun’s older brother.
- Kim Hyun as Lee Pil-ok, Jin Yang-cheol’s wife.
- Jung Hee-tae as Lee Hang-jae, Jin Yang-cheol’s right-hand man.
- Heo Jung-do as Kim Ju-ryeon, Jin Young-ki’s secretary.
- Park Hyuk as Oh Se-hyeon/Mason Oh
- Tiffany Young as Rachel
- Park Ji-hoon as Ha In-seok
- Kim Jung-woo as Woo Byung-jun
- Kang Gil-woo as Baek Dong-min
- Lee Byung-joon as Ju Young-il
- Lee Hwang-eui as Mo Young-bae
- Ham Tae-in, Soonyang Group’s employee
- Park Jin-young as Shin Gyeong-min
- Cha Sun-woo as Yoon Hyun-min
- Seo Jeong-yeon as Han Kyung-hee
- Lee Gyu-hee as Yoon Dong-su
Reborn Rich Season 2 Expected Plot
In the end, viewers were left with more questions than answers. Fans were taken aback by Song Joong-ki’s surprising cameo as Hyun-woo. Now that we’ve had a taste of Hyun-woo, everyone’s eager for more. The convoluted storyline certainly suggests a wide range of outcomes. Hyun-woo imitated Do-joon and exacted his vengeance. Some, however, believe that the real Do-Joon is still alive and has switched places with Hyun-woo in order to bring down the corporation. In addition, the third party who is opening doors for them both may be connected to the thread.
Hyun-woo’s comment at the very end made Min-young think about Do-Joon. She remembered them since Do-Joon frequently used them in conversation. However, it was not made clear how Hyun-woo had learned this. Do you think Hyun-woo is really Do-Joon? It’s possible that Do-Joon survived the crash and now goes by the name Hyun-woo in an effort of vengeance. Season two could follow Min-young as she investigates the cause of her personality shift. It could eventually bring back the long-separated couple.
The Soonyang Group was successfully taken over by the Jin family. They kept feeding their avarice. Fans saw them fight tooth and nail all season long for the rights of the group. So they probably won’t just quit like that and will come back for the business. They don’t have to battle anyone anyway because their main enemy is dead. This could be the perfect setting for Season 2 of Reborn Rich.
Reborn Rich Season 2 Release Date
The launch date for Reborn Rich Season 2 has not been set in stone, however, it will most likely occur in the fall of 2023. There are going to be more supernatural occurrences, interesting stories, and exciting situations for viewers to enjoy.
Reborn Rich Season 2 Trailer
A trailer for Season 2 of Reborn Rich has not yet been produced, but one will likely arrive in the following months. In the interim, viewers can relive all the action from season one by streaming it online.
Where to watch Reborn Rich?
The show can be seen online via multiple services. The pilot episode is now accessible on Netflix. Fans should also stay tuned for any updates on Hulu, Amazon Prime, and other streaming services.
What are the ratings for the show?
The ratings for Reborn Rich have become a hot topic as the premiere date of season two approaches. The show’s ratings have been quite good. Both IMDb and MyDramalist give the show an 8.8 out of 10 on average. The average review score for the show on review aggregator website Metacritic is 47%.