The second season of “Our Blues” has been much discussed online. They don’t want to say farewell to one of their favorite K-Dramas just yet, so fans everywhere are praying for renewal. No one has waved the green flag yet, but everyone is patiently waiting for the series’ crew to do so.
One of the most successful drama series ever produced, ‘Our Blues’ was directed by Kim Kyu Tae and Lee Jung Mook and has fans all over the world. It just needed twenty flawless episodes to win over the masses. Everyone was kept interested at just the appropriate level over the entire series. The stakes for ‘Our Blues Season 2’ will be higher if the show gets renewed for a third season. Let’s examine the specifics of the situation immediately.
Our Blues Season 2 Renewal Status
Our Blues, a new series from TVN, premiered on April 9, 2022. On May 29, 2022, the first season will conclude. As for the show’s potential second season, we don’t know anything about it at this time. As Season 1 is still airing, there is still a lot of confusion about what will happen in Season 2 of Our Blues. However, viewers should be aware that it is unusual for K-dramas to continue past their initial season.
Our Blues Season Cast
- Lee Byung-hun as Lee Dong-seok, a truck merchant who was born in Jeju.
- Shin Min-a as Min Seon-ah, a single parent with a child who came to Jeju and works with Lee Dong-seok.
- Lee Jung-eun as Jeong Eun-hee, the owner of a fish store who has a bubbly charm.
- Cha Seung-won as Choi Han-soo, who returns to his hometown of Jeju as a perfect urban man and Jeong Eun-hee’s first love.
- Uhm Jung-hwa as Go Mi-ran, Eun-hee’s best friend from her high school days and her benefactor.
- Han Ji-min as Lee Young-ok, a first-year haenyeo.
- Kim Woo-bin as Park Jeong-joon, a captain with a clear and warm nature.
- Kim Hye-ja as Kang Ok-dong, Lee Dong-seok’s mother.
- Go Doo-shim as Hyeon Chun-hee, a mercantile woman who has worked for over 60 years.
- Bae Hyun-sung as Jung Hyun, an 18-year-old high school student born in Jeju.
- Roh Yoon-seo as Bang Young-joo, a high school student born in Jeju who wants to escape to Seoul.
- Park Ji-hwan as Jung In-kwon, who owns a food stall at a fish market in Jeju Island and Jung Hyun’s father.
- Choi Young-joon as Bang Ho-sik, an ice maker who sells ice at a fish market in Jeju Island and Bang Young-joo’s father.
- Ki So-yu as Son Eun-gi, Hyun Chun-hee’s 6-year-old granddaughter.
- Kim Kwang-kyu as Kim Myung-bo, SS Bank branch manager Jeju Pureung, a classmate with Han-soo.
- Jung Sung-il as Kim Tae-hoon, Min Seon-ah’s sensitive and tired husband.
- Chun Dong-bin as classmate of Bang Young-joo and Jung Hyun
- Park Ji-ah as Hye-ja, haenyeo from Jeju.
- Jung Eun-hye as Lee Young-hui, Young-ok’s elder twin sister who has Down syndrome.
- Lee So-byul as Byul, a woman who operates a coffee truck in the market.
- Baek Seung-do as Park Ki-joon, Jung-jun’s younger brother.
- Kim Jung-hwan as Son Man-su, the sole surviving son of Hyun Chun-hee, Eun-gi’s father.
- Min Ji-ah as Oh Hae-sun, Man-su’s wife and Eun-gi’s mother. After Man-su’s accident, she had no choice but to give Eun-gi to Chun-hee to earn money while taking care of Man-su at the hospital.
- Yang Hee-kyung as Ms. Jang, the operator of the orphanage where the two sisters Young-hui and Young-ok lived since childhood.
- Choi Byung-mo as Jong-woo, Dong-seok’s stepfather’s son.
- Choi Seung-kyung as Jong-cheol, Dong-seok’s stepfather’s son.
- Yoon Byung-hee as Bae Jeong-muk, a captain who came to Pureung Village from abroad.
- Kim Ha-eon as Kim Yeol, son of Seon-ah and Tae-hoon.
- Kim Young-min as Mi-ran’s second ex-husband.
- Park Soon-chun as A wide-eyed, loose-minded aunty who runs a small market in Purung Village.
- Jo Ara as In-jeong, Myung-bo’s wife suffers from dysphoria.
Our Blues Season 2 Plot
The unique storyline of ‘Our Blues’ drew in many viewers from all across the world. Because of how the narrative was told, everyone is quite curious about what will happen next. The show’s creators put a lot of care and attention into each episode. The effort clearly paid off, since the reception from the audience was overwhelmingly positive.
The second season of “Our Blues” has not yet had its plot confirmed by the network. As was just noted, nothing can be proven at this time, but that hasn’t stopped innumerable fans from theorizing online.
Life, passion, and melodrama were all represented in the show’s first season. It told a story that featured several distinct characters whose lives are all related in some way. All of their tales are rich with nuances that amaze and motivate listeners. Each of the characters—Lee Dong-seok, Min Sun-ah, Park Jung Joon, Lee Young Ok, Jung Eun Hee, and Choi Han Soo—has their own history, present, and potential future. It was quite remarkable to witness their paths crossing and their stories become so intricately intertwined.
Our Blues Season 2 Release Date
Netflix has not commented on whether or not they plan to order a second season of Our Blues. Due to their short running times and simplistic stories, most Korean drama programs only last for one season. However, because of their popularity and fanbase, certain K-dramas have lately been renewed.
Fans of Our Blues, a Korean drama, have responded enthusiastically to the premiere of Season 1 on April 9, 2022. Reviews consistently praised the film’s exceptional writing, acting, and character development. Netflix is well-known for automatically renewing its most popular shows each season. Following the Korean industry tradition, it is expected that Netflix will soon distribute Our Blues Season 2, though no release dates have been confirmed as of yet. Season 2 of Our Blues will premiere in 2023.
Our Blues Season 1 Rating
All audiences evaluate programs based on their ratings. If you want to know if a show will be canceled or renewed, look no further than the ratings. The better the ratings, the more likely it is that the subject will make it. The show has been well received by critics and audiences alike, earning an 8.5/10 on IMDb and a 90% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
Our Blues Season 2 Episodes
Starting in April, we got new episodes of Our Blues every Saturday and Sunday until the season finale on June 12, for a grand total of 20 episodes. The storylines were also told, with each of the episodes focusing on a different character and their development over the course of the series. Season 2 of Our Blues, if it were to happen, would probably also consist of 20 episodes.
Is Our Blues worth watching?
Viewer reaction to the Korean drama “Our Blues” has been varied. While the production values and acting have been praised, the show’s plot and characters have been panned by some viewers. However, we think the performance is superb, and the premise is engaging. You should watch “Our Blues” regardless of whether or not you like Korean dramas.