Some performances are so captivating that viewers can’t wait for the next one. One such American TV comedy series has followed suit on ABC, and its creators are David Windsor and Casey Johnson. Sure enough, the first season of the acclaimed ABC drama “Not Dead Yet” has just finished up to the same degree of acclaim among ABC’s dedicated viewership throughout the world.
In its final 13 episodes before its cancellation on May 3, 2023, the show managed to convey its central message in such interesting ways that the story of Nell Serrano, a journalist whose wedding plans fell through and resulted in her moving back to Los Angeles from London, became relatable in some ways. The show’s makers and viewers have been taken aback by the series’ unexpectedly large effect and enthusiastic response, especially given that it only ran for a single season.
Not Dead Yet Season 2
There were only roughly 7.6 million people who watched the inaugural episode of Not Dead Yet across linear and digital platforms in the week following its launch. In fact, it was one of ABC’s highest-rated comedic premieres in nearly four years. Given the positive reception, viewers are probably wondering if the show will be picked up for a second season. You’ve come to the right site if you’ve been wondering the same thing. Here are the most recent developments concerning the second season of “Not Dead Yet” and whether or not it will be renewed. If you want to know more, keep on reading.
Not Dead Yet Season 2 Renewal Status
The renewal of ABC’s “Not Dead Yet” for a second season is fantastic news. Fans have eagerly followed the characters’ experiences week after week because of the show’s brief, hilarious, and heartwarming storytelling. The show’s renewal after a string of cancellations is evidence of the depth of the bond between the show’s cast and its viewers.
Due to the ongoing WGA strike in Hollywood, it is still unknown when Season 2 of Not Dead Yet will begin airing. Fans of Gina Rodriguez’s Nell character, though, can look forward to more of her in the not-too-distant future. Fans were left wondering what would happen next at the end of season one, and what the upcoming second season of Nell promises to provide.
Not Dead Yet Season 2 Release Date
That’s a tricky topic, especially in light of the recent renewal for a second season. But we can make that all-important prediction! Even if we don’t have an official release date for Season 2, we can still speculate. We all know that the premiere episode debuted on February 8, 2023, and that the season finale aired on May 3, 2023, for a total of thirteen episodes. Season 2 of Not Dead Yet, starring David Windsor and Casey Johnson, is expected to premiere in early 2024, exactly one year after the series was announced (on May 13, 2022).
Not Dead Yet Storyline
In the lighthearted drama Not Dead Yet, Nell, still reeling from a recent separation, moves back to her hometown of Pasadena. She finds work writing obituaries and experiences paranormal phenomena. The season follows her as she copes with the breakup of her long-term relationship, begins a new job, and begins communicating with the dead.
Not Dead Yet Cast and characters
- Gina Rodriguez as Nell Serrano, a journalist whose wedding plans fell apart resulting in her moving back to Los Angeles from London.
- Hannah Simone as Sam, Nell’s best friend who is the style editor at the SoCal Independent
- Lauren Ash as Lexi, Nell’s boss and the editor-in-chief at the SoCal Independent
- Rick Glassman as Edward, Nell’s autistic roommate
- Joshua Banday as Dennis, Nell’s co-worker and an associate editor at the SoCal Independent. He assigns obituaries for Nell to write.
- Angela E. Gibbs as Cricket, a widowed owner of a bar that specializes in wine
- Maile Flanagan as Tina, a gruff, somewhat antisocial co-worker at the SoCal Independent
- Jimmy Bellinger as Mason, an intern at the SoCal Independent
Notable guest stars
- Martin Mull as Monty, the first ghost Nell encounters and Cricket’s late husband
- Mo Collins as Jane Marvel
- Brittany Snow as Piper, Nell’s high school bully
- Don Lake as Rand
- Julia Sweeney as Terri Lawrence, a parody of Shari Lewis
- Tony Plana as Carlos Garza, a sportscaster whom Nell and her father admired when she was growing up
- Paula Pell as Marlena
- Ed Begley Jr. as Bill
- Telma Hopkins as Susie
- Rhea Perlman as Janice
- Ed Weeks as Phillip, Nell’s former fiancé.
- Adhir Kalyan as Keith, Sam’s husband
Not Dead Yet Season 2 Plotline
The second season will begin directly after the season one finale, “Not Just Yet,” which was directed by Dean Holland and written by Becky Mann and Audra Sielaff for the teleplay and Amy Sullivan for the story. This episode showed us that Nell had a dinner party at her house and that Dennis had to make a decision that could have major consequences for his future. If a second season does materialize, this conclusion leaves a lot of room to delve further into the characters’ stories and develop them further.
Not Dead Yet Season 2 Trailer
The second season of Not Dead Yet has not yet received an official trailer.
Where can I watch Not Dead Yet?
Currently, you can only catch new episodes of Not Dead Yet on ABC. Shows can be watched on Hulu after they have originally aired on the channel.