Mr. Sunshine is a must-see for any fan of historical dramas and Korean television. Author Kim Eun-sook and director Lee Eung-bok are also on board for this Jinnie Choi production. ‘Descendants of the Sun’ and ‘Guardian: The Lonely and Great God’ aren’t the only successful K-dramas the writer and director have worked on together. The show is set in the early 1900s and centers on a U.S. Marine Corps captain who returns to Joseon. He falls in love with a noblewoman who is motivated by her own goals and becomes caught in the country’s political intrigues. The play presents a tightly crafted story that is also infused with historical details.
Mr. Sunshine Season 2 Renewal Status
Mr. Sunshine’s first season concluded on September 30, 2018. After the series concluded, many cast members and crew members shared their appreciation. There will be no more seasons, they say, because this one has run its course. As the story concludes, I reflect on the many memorable moments that have occurred across the year’s four seasons. ‘Mr. Sunshine was my first show in a long time, and it was a nonstop roller coaster of nerves and excitement. Quote from Lee Byung-hun
Mr. Sunshine Season 2 Release Date
On July 7, 2018, TVN aired the premiere episode of this series. In addition, the series finale aired for the first time on September 30, 2018. Mr. Sunshine will soon be available on Netflix for viewers in other countries. It wasn’t just released in English and Japanese; there was also a Korean version. After 24 episodes, the plot was resolved.
Regarding season 2, we get the impression that it has been shelved for the most part. Critics were mostly positive about the first season, but many did have issues with what they saw as inaccuracies in the historical details. The exact date of Mr. Sunshine Season 2’s premiere is currently unknown. Even though season 1 was warmly received, neither the show’s creators nor the cast have dropped any hints about when we could see season 2.
The streaming partner, Netflix, however, remained silent. As a result, we still don’t know what happens in Mr. Sunshine Season 2. This may be discouraging to the audience. No formal confirmation or statement concerning the cancellation of Mr. Sunshine Season 2 has been issued by the show’s creators or Netflix, so fans can still hold out hope.
Mr. Sunshine Storyline
Eugene Choi (Lee Byung-hun), the protagonist of Mr. Sunshine, was born into slavery in Joseon. He becomes a Marine Corps officer after escaping to the United States during the 1871 Shinmiyangyo.
Eugene falls in love with Go Ae-shin (Kim Tae-ri), the granddaughter of an aristocracy and a member of the Righteous Army, when he comes back to Joseon for a mission. But their love is tested by Ae-shin’s (Byun Yo-han) childhood betrothal to Kim Hui-seong, a nobleman, and their social differences. And then there’s the vicious warrior Gu Dong-mae (Yoo Yeon-seok) and the popular “Glory Hotel” owner Kudo Hina (Kim Min-jung), both of whom Eugene meets. Simultaneously, he uncovers a conspiracy by the Empire of Japan to colonize Korea, drawing him deeper into the conflict over the future of the country of his birth.
Mr. Sunshine Season 2 Cast
- Lee Byung-hun as Eugene Choi / Choi Yu-jin: Captain of the United States Marine Corps and former Joseon slave.
- Kim Kang-hoon as child Eugene Choi / Choi Yu-jin
- Jeon Jin-seo as young Eugene Choi / Choi Yu-jin
- Kim Tae-ri as Go Ae-shin: An orphaned Joseon noblewoman and member of the Righteous Army.
- Heo Jung-eun as child Go Ae-shin
- Yoo Yeon-seok as Gu Dong-mae / Ishida Shō: The son of a butcher who flees to Japan upon his parents’ death and becomes a samurai and member of the Musin Society, which is part of Yakuza.
- Choi Min-young as young Gu Dong-mae
- Kim Min-jung as Kudo Hina / Yi Yang-hwa: An influential widow who runs a hotel in Joseon.
- Byun Yo-han as Kim Hui-seong: A Joseon nobleman who is considered to be the richest after the emperor in terms of land ownership.
- Lee Seung-joon as Emperor Gojong: The ruler of Korea who desperately fights for the country’s sovereignty.
- Kang Shin-il as Yi Jung-mun: An anti-Japanese minister loyal to the emperor. He secretly commands the Righteous Army.
- Kim Eui-sung as Yi Wan-ik / Rinoie Hiroaki: A selfish and cruel pro-Japanese official who killed Go Ae-shin’s parents.
- Kim Joong-hee as Yi Deok-mun: A pro-Japanese nobleman. Yi Wan-ik’s assistant and the abusive husband of Go Ae-sun.
- Choi Jin-ho as Yi Se-hun: The arrogant and corrupt Minister of Foreign Affairs whose actions indirectly led to the deaths of Eugene Choi’s family.
- Jung Hee-tae as Police Commissioner Jung
- Shin Mun-sung as Postmaster Yoon
- Kim Kang-il as Doctor Matsuyama
- Jung Seung-gil as Ye Wan-yong
Mr. Sunshine Season 2 Plot
Season one focused on Choi Yoo-jin and his tale. After witnessing the murder of his parents, he fled to the United States for safety. Slavery was instilled in Choi Yoo-jin from birth. He is a US Marine Corps captain who must return to Joseon for work. It’s here that he meets and falls for Go Ae-shin. They are both from different social classes and must overcome several obstacles because of this. The most essential figure is Ishida Sho. He too had to escape Joseon, but he headed to Japan to train to become a warrior and eventually came back. Once, while he was still a kid, Go Ae-shin even helped him out.
Because of this, he now shows more affection toward her. However, Go Ae-shin’s fiance, Kim Hui-Seong, begins to develop romantic feelings for her. Since the first season of Mr. Sunshine was successful and ended with no cliffhangers, the second season can feature another historical story. The next edition can have a fresh, exciting story.
Mr. Sunshine Season 2 Trailer
No, there is not yet a trailer for “Mr. Sunshine,” and there has been no confirmation of a Season 2 renewal. However, rest assured that you can return to this page at any moment because we will be sure to update it as necessary.