Police shows on TV have always been interesting and unique, and they each have their own fan bases. The Call of Duty is one of these shows. Its first season started on June 26, 2012. Jed Mercurio created and writes the police procedural and crime drama. So far, 33 episodes from six seasons have been shown.
David Caffrey, Douglas Mackinnon, Daniel Nettheim, Michael Keillor, John Strickland, Jed Mercurio, and Sue Tully are the people in charge of the show. And the main characters were played by Martin Compston, Vicky McClure, Adrian Dunbar, Craig Parkinson, and Lennie James. Supporting characters were played by Keeley Hawes, Daniel Mays, Thandiwe Newton, Stephen Graham, Anna Maxwell Martin, and Kelly Macdonald.
Line of Duty Season 7
This show quickly became very popular, and in the last ten years, it has been the best-performing drama series. On BBC Two, an average of 4.1 million people have watched it. It started airing on BBC One in 2017 and has since gotten more viewers. It won awards from the Broadcasting Press Guild Award and the Royal Television Society Award. The Independent put the show at number eight on their list of the twenty best police shows of all time. It was also voted the third-best British crime drama ever by Radio Times readers.
Line of Duty Season 7 Renewal Status
BBC hasn’t said anything that could confirm that there will be a seventh season of Line of Duty. This means that, right now, it’s hard for us to say for sure. The pandemic, which has happened in many movies and TV shows, could be the main reason for this. COVID-19 has asked the creators to put off their work, which has caused many shows’ release dates to be pushed back without warning.
Because of the ratings and the number of people who watch, it would seem unfair if Line of Duty didn’t get a seventh season. This is because the last episode of season 6 was watched by 12.8 million people, which was more than any other episode. But 11 million people watched the second-to-last episode. Because of this, Line of Duty has stayed popular over the years and has gotten mostly positive feedback from viewers.
Since the BBC hasn’t officially said that they will keep making this British show, they said they will talk to the show’s creator about its future. Since the last season was a big hit, we can expect to see Line of Duty season 7 soon. So, right now, we can’t say for sure that the next season won’t happen. Instead, we need to wait for an official announcement.
Line of Duty Season 7 Cast
- Lennie James as Tony Gates
- Martin Compston as Steve Arnott
- Vicky McClure as Kate Flemming
- Gina McKee as Jackie Laverty
- Adrian Dunbar as Ted Hastings
- Craig Parkinson as Matthew “Dot” Cottan
- Kate Ashfield as Joel Gates
- Paul Higgins as Derek Hilton
- Neil Morrissey as Nigel Morton
- Owen Teale as Philip Osborne
- Brian McCardie as Tommy Hunter
- Keeley Hawes as Lindsay Denton
- Jessica Raine as Georgia Trotman
- Mark Bonnar as Mike Dryden
- Liz White as Jo Dwyer
- Tony Pitts as Lester Hargreaves
- Daniel Mays as Daniel Waldron
- Polly Walker as Gill Biggeloe
- Will Mellor as Rod Kennedy
- Arsher Ali as Hari Bains
- Leanne Best as Jackie Brickford
- Shaun Parkes as Terry Reynolds
- Aiysha Hart as Sam Railston
- Jonas Armstrong as Joe Nash
- Maya Sondhi as Maneet Bindra
- George Costigan as Patrick Fairbank
- Thandie Newton as Roz Huntley
- Jason Watkins as Tim Ifield
- Lee Ingleby as Nick Huntley
- Patrick Baladi as Jimmy Lakewell
- Stephen Graham as John Corbett
- Anna Maxwell-Martin as Patricia Carmichael
- Rochenda Sandall as Lisa McQueen
- Sian Reese-Williams as Jane Cafferty
- Susan Vidler as Allison Powell
- Ace Bhatti as Rohan Sindwhani
- Elizabeth Rider as Andrea Wise
- Andrea Irvine as Roisin Hastings
- Taj Atwal as Tatleen Sohota
- Kelly Macdonald as Joanne Davidson
Line of Duty Season 7 Plot
There are no official details about what will happen in Line of Duty season 7, but if the show keeps going, we will probably find out what occurred to Ted Hastings, Kate Fleming, and Steve Arnott after the end of season 6. We now know who the mysterious H is, but there is still a lot to learn about the three main characters. Kate seems likely to go back to her old unit and work with Steve again. Their relationship after the events of season 6 would be interesting to watch.
Hastings, on the other hand, was forced to retire. He said he was going to appeal the decision, but he also told Carmichael something shocking that needs to be talked about more. On the other hand, there is a good chance that Line of Duty’s established world will be used to tell new stories. When asked about where the show could go, Mercurio told Den of Geek, “It could be either of those [a full stop or a new start], or it could be something else.”
In an interview with Radio Times, the show’s creator also talked about “finding new stories to tell within that universe,” so it’s possible that we could see new faces and stories while still being set in the Central Police jurisdiction.
Line of Duty Season 7 Release Date
If it does happen and the show is renewed, season 7 of Line of Duty is likely to come out in 2023. If you look at when the previous seasons came out, you can see that the next season usually comes out two years after the last one. Since this is the case, most likely Line of Duty season 7 won’t come out until 2023.
The first episode of this TV show came out on June 26, 2012. The second and third seasons came out on February 12, 2014, and March 24, 2016, respectively. The next three seasons, on the other hand, came in 2017, 2019, and 2021. Due to the pandemic, there were problems with the last season, and filming had to be stopped for a while. It picked up again in September 2020.
Line of Duty Season 7 Episodes
There will definitely be six episodes, just like the last season.