Kidney Pain Treatment
Kidney disease is a silent disease. It can be asymptomatic for several years before it becomes symptomatic in many cases. The symptoms of kidney problems are very similar to the symptoms of other diseases, which makes it difficult to detect and leave until extensive damage has been done. Pain in the back or side that doesn’t go away despite anything you do, including over-the-counter pain medications
Since there may not be a specific treatment method for this condition, prevention from various factors such as diabetes, high blood pressure, and obesity is the best practice, followed by early detection and regular checkups. Also, read Fish oil supplements – their health benefits & side effects.
If untreated, it can lead to severe complications such as frequent infections or a urinary tract blockage.
Kidney pain can result from several conditions like renal stones, kidney infections, or glomerulonephritis (inflammation of small blood vessels in the kidneys). Renal colic is another form of kidney pain that occurs due to the passage of stones through the ureters (tubes connecting kidneys and bladder). Kidney Pain Treatment
The following are some home remedies that you can try for relief from this condition:
1. Rest – Get plenty of rest (8 hours) per day. Relaxing with your feet elevated above your heart level reflects well for you. This will provide enough circulation to your kidneys and reduce swelling and inflammation associated with it.
2. Ice Pack – Place an ice pack on the painful area for twenty minutes 3-4 times a day, or take a cool bath with sea salt. This will ease out the swelling and discomfort caused by kidney stones.
3. Water – Drink lots of clear fluids like water to flush out toxins from your body organs. Water also helps hydrate the body tissues and flush out harmful substances like uric acid, lactic acid, toxic salts (potassium), and phosphates (phosphorus) via kidneys. Thus, increasing water intake during kidney stone pain treatment is very beneficial.
4. Vegetables – Vegetables low in potassium, phosphorus, and magnesium content should be consumed while undergoing kidney stone disease symptoms treatment. Some vegetables like cucumber, beans, asparagus, and green peas are high in potassium and phosphorus content. Also, avoid bananas, figs, and bran cereals rich in magnesium content.
5. Salt – Intake of salt containing sodium helps flush out toxins from the body through urine. This will prevent kidney stones from getting bigger or multiplying further. Hence low salt diet should be followed during this condition to avoid any complications associated with it.
6. Dairy Products – Intake of dairy products like milk, cheese helps to reduce acidity levels of urine which prevents the formation of calcium oxalate crystals (kidney stones). This will result in relief from symptoms associated with kidney stone disease treatment.
7. Vit A & C – These Vitamin supplements help to reduce the intensity of kidney stone pain.
8. Pills – Intake of Vitamin B6 supplements in recommended doses helps dissolve kidney stones effectively. Also, intake of Vitamin E supplements in the proper amounts for a period between 1-3 months is beneficial in treating this condition. The following home remedies should be strictly avoided while undergoing treatments:
left kidney pain treatment:
A person can develop kidney stones at any age. Kidney stones are usually seen in the 20-40 years group. They are also common in men than women. Heredity is an important factor that influences the formation of kidneys stones in some people.
Many renal colic cases are attributed to kidney stones, making them one of the most well-known urologic conditions. Kidney stone pain is seldom absent but may be mild to moderate in intensity and steady; throbbing…
Renal colic is a sharp, intense pain felt during either or both ureter (the tubes connecting the bladder to each respective kidney).
These kidney pain symptoms vary to how big or small your kidney stone is. If you have a small kidney stone, it may cause severe pain and need immediate medical attention. But if your kidney stone is too big, which can also be seen from the symptoms, it may cause lesser pain because there is no other option left except surgery.
There are several home remedies for kidney stones to ease out the pain naturally that I’ve listed below:-
Drinking lots of water:
Drink as much water as you can even when you’re not thirsty to help flush out the kidneys and reduce inflammation.
Take over-the-counter medication :
Painkillers like ibuprofen, paracetamol, or aspirin will relieve renal colic pain by reducing inflammation…
Herbal remedies :
Some medicinal herbs like parsley, celery, and lemon juice can help reduce pain and inflammation of kidneys very effectively….
Mineral water therapy :
Mineral water therapy is another way to naturally reduce stone pain when you have kidney stones.
Apple cider vinegar :
For decades, Apple vinegar has been used as an effective home remedy against kidney stones to ease the pain naturally….
Cinnamon powder therapy :
Mix one teaspoon of cinnamon powder with two teaspoons of honey and one tablespoon of lemon juice to prepare a paste…apply this mixture on your abdomen where you are experiencing acute renal colic. This would provide quick relief from the intense pain associated with kidney stones….
kidney pain symptoms:
Kidney stone pain usually occurs in the middle of your back, below your ribs. It can also happen along with nausea and vomiting…
When you have severe pressure on either or both ureters because of a colossal kidney stone, it causes severe ache in that particular area….
The most common symptoms are:
Acute severe sudden onset lower abdominal pain often described as colicky, may radiate to the groin area Bilateral flank pain Hematuria Nausea and vomiting Fever May be associated with: -Nephrotic syndrome: Nephrotic syndrome is a condition of decreased kidney function characterized by proteinuria (protein loss into the urine), hypoalbuminemia (low levels of albumin in the blood) and edema (swelling of body tissue driven by increased fluid retention)….
kidney pain intensity:
Resembles the previous episode of renal colic. If this is a new stone, it may be larger than other stones causing more severe pain…kidney pain severity depends on many factors such as the location and size of each kidney stone. If there are any complications or other diseases, kidney stones can cause a more severe renal colic, which needs immediate medical attention….
It will vary from individual to individual depending on the concentration and acidity of urine. Kidney stones make a person prone to recurrent attacks because one attack can lead to the formation of another kidney stone very soon…
Thus, it is better to consult your doctor immediately if you have these symptoms because they can signal other diseases associated with the kidneys. One such disease is acute renal failure that needs immediate medical attention because it may lead to kidney transplantation surgery if not treated on time, which is difficult for no one to go through….
kidney infection symptoms:
Some of the symptoms are as follows:
Pain, tenderness, and swelling in one or both sides of your High abdomen fever, Chills, Cloudy urine, Skin rash, severe pain in the lower back area, Vomiting, Nausea, Loss of appetite, Fever, Muscle aches, Headache…
If you have any signs or symptoms listed above, consult a doctor immediately because some kidney infection symptoms need immediate medical attention….It can be a difficult thing to live with if ignored. When the urinary tract becomes irritated because of this stone, it frequently urates, leaving them dehydrated very soon…
kidney stones foods:
Renal colic is severe pain when a stone moves in the urinary tract. Obstruction of the ureter causes pain as it tries to push the rock toward the bladder….Renal colic usually lasts from 30 minutes to three hours and can be accompanied by nausea, vomiting, or fever…
It has been seen that certain food items like oranges, corn, and hazelnuts increase your chances of developing this condition…Though there is no direct connection between foods and kidney stones, still some people find that eating specific foods may worsen their symptoms like- Oranges: -Consuming more than five oranges a day can increase uric acid levels in urine which can lead to the formation of tiny crystals which grow up to become kidney stones if not treated on time…