Hot Stone Massage Benefits
1. Relaxing effect on the body
2. Improved blood circulation
3. Calming of muscles
4. Tension relief
5. Natural pain relief without side effects
6. Additional stimulation for tired skin tissue
7. Pressure point release and acupressure massage
8. Increased metabolism which helps with weight loss
9. Skin improvement in general
10. Improved sense of well-being
11. Elimination of toxins from the body
12. Detoxification effect
13. Pumps oxygen to your cells, nourishing them with nutrients, improving regeneration and rejuvenation processes even more…
14. Relaxing effect on the mind
15. Better sleep and less insomnia
16. Stress reduction
17. Easing of tension headaches
18. Improved appetite
19. Quenches your thirst for life!
20. Improvement of skin conditions like psoriasis, eczema, and acne (by cleansing the body inside)
21. Improved emotional and mental balance
22. Relief from asthma, allergies, and asthma-related symptoms (by cleansing the body inside)
23. Improved fertility in women and men (improving circulation to reproductive organs)
24. Relieving menstrual cramps for women (by relieving congestion in hips, lower back, and abdomen).
Disadvantages of hot stone massage therapy:
Hot stone massage therapy has been around for centuries and it is said that the benefits of this type of treatment are remarkable. It combines stretching with deep tissue manipulation, which brings about a much-needed relaxation to the body and soul. However, before you book yourself in for a hot stone massage session it’s important to be aware of the disadvantages of this type of treatment.
Hot stones are not without risk and there is always a possibility that you will be burned, either by the hot stones themselves or because they have slipped out of their container.
It’s also possible to crack or otherwise damage your teeth if you bite down on them in an attempt to stop yourself from crying out due to what is in essence a type of torture.
Although in most cases, the heat that these stones generate will be enough to kill all bacteria present in them, there are times when this isn’t so. This means that you could leave the salon carrying some form of infectious disease within you, which can lead to more serious problems later down the line.
Hot stone massage benefits on legs:
Another disadvantage is that these stones are often made from Basalt which contains asbestos, a substance that has been known to cause cancer. If the stones are not properly cleaned before use then you will be subjected to this risk.
There can also be problems if the practitioner uses too many of them at one time because they are heavy and could seriously injure you if they fall on you.
In many cases, the stones are simply placed onto your body and not rubbed in any way which means that you won’t be receiving the full benefits of a hot stone massage. You will still feel far more relaxed but for this type of treatment to work at its best, the stones should be moved across the areas in which they are placed.
Hot Stone Massage for Weight Loss:
The cost of a hot stone massage is not particularly cheap and if you’re going to pay this much money then it makes sense that the stones should be used correctly and that there shouldn’t be any possible risks involved in their use.
If you’re interested in having one of these massages then it’s a good idea to do some research into the salon that you want to go to. Check their credentials and see if there have been any complaints made about them and whether these were resolved by the health authorities.
Hot stone massage vs Swedish: which is Better
It’s also important to check whether the stones are made from Basalt because this material can be particularly dangerous if it becomes damaged in any way. The studio should have health certificates on display so that you can see them before you book an appointment.
By looking into these things then you will know that you are safe and that your health is important to the studio that you’re going to visit.
Hot Stone Massage for Stomach issues:
This will help you to relax and it will give you the confidence to book your appointment knowing that everything will be okay. If there’s any doubt at all then go elsewhere because if something does go wrong, it’s better than this happens in a place that you don’t trust.
And, of course, if anything does happen to you the salon will be the one to blame and it would be your word against theirs which leaves you at a disadvantage.
Hot stone Massage for Back Pain:
If you’re not comfortable with someone touching you then this type of treatment isn’t really for you because they require strong, firm pressure to work.
If you’re not sure then do some research into this type of massage and find out more about the risks involved with it before making your mind up. That way you will be able to relax knowing that you are safe and won’t experience any unpleasant surprises along the way.
Hot Stone Massage kits:
These kits are great for travel, which makes them very popular, and can be used with dry or oil stones. We show how to use the kit shown in the photo above, but any kit is basically the same. The kit includes a nylon draw-string bag; 2 rubber tube protectors; 2 silicone hoses (a longer one for the oil, a shorter one for the stone) 2 rubber coupling gaskets; 1 woodblock airlock; 6 brass nuts with nylon tapered washers 6 double-nut clamps.
This 6-step sequence shows the coupling process:
1. Nylon washer is twisted onto hose using wire grip.
2. Using another wire grip to hold the other nylon washer, twist on the second hose end over the first washer until it makes contact with the nylon washer.
3. Separate hose clamps by squeezing the first clamp with pliers.
4. Slide the first hose clamp over the hose, then slide the other clamp onto the other end of the hoses.
5. Slip rubber coupling washers (gaskets) between nylon washers and tighten both clamps evenly using two pairs of pliers; make sure the gasket is seated between two washers.
6. Slowly twist the hose end onto the stone.
Make sure the hose is firmly seated on the outlet of the rubber coupling gasket; otherwise, it can pop off during use, causing serious injury to yourself and others nearby. This report documents several instances where people were injured by stones popping out of hoses during therapy sessions.
This kit comes with a woodblock to prevent the hot stone from sinking into the oil when one end rests on it. This is not required if you are using dry stones, but it does make things easier when using oil.
I recommend placing the airlock halfway between the bottom of your hot stone and your oil surface, this way you get the most heat transfer possible. Follow standard safety precautions when using hot stones or oils.
The 6-step method of coupling two rubber hoses onto a stone is too complicated for many therapists, so this kit comes with an improved coupler that allows one person to couple stones in seconds.
What is a hot stone massage:
Massage therapists have been providing hot stone massage for their clients for centuries because it provides profound relaxation not possible with other types of massage.
It is very popular with people who receive messages, even though it costs more than a regular massage. It can also be used to enhance the effects of other bodywork techniques.
For therapists, it is as popular as Swedish massage and more popular than deep tissue work. If you want to increase your practice by adding a new service, this is the one.