The protagonists of the Korean drama “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha” are the polar opposites Yoon Hye-jin and Hong Du-sik. The fictional hamlet of Gongjin serves as the backdrop for the burgeoning relationship between Hye-jin and Du-sik, and the film’s plot centers on the town’s inhabitants and their intertwined fates. This incredibly popular drama mixes the excitement of an opposites-attract romance with the beauty of a close-knit coastal village by focusing on swoony courtships, emotional trauma, community connections, and Korean cuisine culture.
Kim Je-hyeon and Studio Dragon’s ‘Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha’ debuted that August of 2021. It has since received rave reviews for its heartfelt tale and portrayal of life in rural Korea. It didn’t take long for the K-drama’s many endearing characters to win over a devoted fan following. After such a touching and emotional season 1 ending, viewers can’t help but wonder: will there be a season 2? Everything that you require to know about the second season of “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha” is right here.
Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha Season 2 Renewal Status
The show’s high ratings on both coasts and around the world make it a frontrunner for a second season. The critically praised K-dramas have not been renewed by TVN just yet, but the 16 episodes cover the entire tale of the original film. As a result, there isn’t much left to draw from for a new season. At this point, Season 2 of Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha is highly unlikely. In any case, the production team can be ready for an interesting plot portraying the couple’s married life in the following season if the network decides to go with season 2.
Hye-jin and Du-sim’s wedding at the end of the first season marked the beginning of their happily ever after. There is, therefore, a strong probability that the famous K-drama might come back for a second season illustrating the difficulties the pair faces as newlyweds. Fans might hold out hope that their favorite actors will return for season 2 even though the show’s revival is highly unlikely.
Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha Season 2 Release Date
Season 1 of Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha, created by Shin Ha-eun and Yoo Je-won, premiered on tvN, a major South Korean broadcaster, on August 25, 2021. However, if you are a citizen of any nation where Netflix is available, you can watch all 16 episodes there.
We want confirmation that Season 2 of Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha will air and when it will be available. Whether or whether the creators come up with a second season is greatly dependent on how well season 1 is received by the fans. The amount of interest from viewers is another consideration that should be examined while plotting the future of the show. The long-awaited second season is likely to have a public announcement in the coming months. Due to the time it takes to complete the script, cast, and filming, we probably won’t get to see it until next year even if it gets renewed soon. All of this will require at least a year, so we’re anticipating a release date for Season 2 of Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha sometime in 2024.
Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha Storyline
The citizens of the charming town of Gongjin are the subjects of the slice-of-life drama Hometown Cha Cha Cha. Very little tension exists, and instead, all attention is focused on the developing relationship between Du-Sik and Hye-Jin. Hye-Jin, originally from Seoul, gradually adjusts to life in the rural community, in no small part due to Du-Sik’s positive outlook and infectious spirit. Most episodes focus on their potential or actual romantic involvement, with a plethora of side stories circling around the locals to provide context.
Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha Cast and characters
- Shin Min-a as Yoon Hye-jin, a perfectionist and pragmatic dentist who ends up moving from Seoul to Gongjin after her life goes awry.
- Oh Ye-joo as teenage Yoon Hye-jin
- Kim Seon-ho as Hong Du-sik, Gongjin’s handyman who is known as Chief Hong around the village.
- Lee Sang-yi as Ji Seong-hyun, a star variety show production director who is workaholic and has a bright personality.
- Gong Min-jeung as Pyo Mi-seon, Hye-jin’s best friend who is a dental hygienist.
- Seo Sang-won as Yoon Tae-hwa, Hye-jin’s father.
- Woo Mi-hwa as Lee Myung-shin, Hye-jin’s stepmother.
- Park Ye-young as Wang Ji-won, a veteran writer who has been working with Seong-hyun for seven years.
- Lee Suk-hyeong as Kim Do-ha
- Seong Tae as June, main rapper of idol group DOS.
- Baek Seung as In-woo, sub-vocalist of DOS.
- Kim Young-ok as Kim Gam-ri, leader of the grandmothers in Gongjin.
- Lee Yong-yi as Lee Mat-yi, the second of the three grandmothers.
- Shin Shin-ae as Park Sook-ja, the youngest of the three grandmothers.
- Jo Han-chul as Oh Cheon-jae, the owner of Gongjin’s live café and pub.
- Lee Bong-ryun as Yeo Hwa-jung, Young-guk’s ex-wife who was born and raised in Gongjin.
- In Gyo-jin as Jang Young-guk, Hwa-jung’s ex-husband.
- Hong Ji-hee as Yoo Cho-hee, a teacher at Cheongjin Elementary School.
- Cha Chung-hwa as Jo Nam-sook
- Yoon Seok-hyun as Choi Geum-chul
- Kim Joo-yeon as Ham Yun-kyung
- Kang Hyung-seok as Choi Eun-chul
- Kim Sung-bum as Ban Yong-hun
- Kim Min-seo as Oh Ju-ri
- Ki Eun-yoo as Jang Yi-jun
- Go Do-yeon as Choi Bo-ra
- Lee Jung-eun as Hye-jin’s patient
- Bae Hae-sun as the head doctor at Hye-jin’s former dental clinic
- Lee Jin-hee as Hye-jin’s
- Lee Ho-jae as Du-sik’s grandfather
Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha Season 2 Plotline
The first season focuses on Hye-jin and Du-sik, a city girl and a country boy who fall in love. Hye-jin is starting to feel at home in Gongjin, and she is making friends with the friendly, chatty, and frequently gossipy locals. Hye-jin and Du-sik run into trouble as they are thrust into an unanticipated love triangle and must reconcile their divergent worldviews. But they started going out together eventually.
The second season, if made, could focus on the marriage of Hye-jin and Du-sik. It’s also possible to examine the bond between Mi-seon and Eun-chul. The romantic and professional relationship between Seong-hyun and Wang Ji-won is another potential storyline. Hye-jin’s dental practice may present some difficulties. If they have kids, her desire for luxury may become an issue once again. Cho-hui and Cheon-jae are only two examples of characters who might meet potential romantic interests.
Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha Season 2 Trailer
The season 2 trailer will be made available to fans as soon as an official announcement is made. There isn’t a trailer for this movie right now. However, the internet has been flooded with teasers and tweaks generated by fans.
Where can I watch Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha?
You can watch this heartwarming drama from South Korea on Netflix right now.