On September 29, 2019, Epix premiered the American criminal drama series Godfather of Harlem. Fans are counting down the days till the debut of Godfather of Harlem Season 4. Chris Brancato and Paul Eckstein’s show is based on the character of Bumpy Johnson.
Forest Whitaker portrays him as a ruthless New York City gangster from the 1960s. As an executive producer, Whitaker works alongside Nina Yang Bongiovi, James Acheson, John Ridley, and Markuann Smith. Chris Brancato is now the show’s executive producer. The program was so well received that it was given a second season order on February 12, 2020. The show debuted on April 18th, 2021. A third season of the show was ordered on January 13, 2022, and it debuted on the newly rebranded MGM+ on January 15, 2023, thanks to the show’s consistent ratings and viewership. Here’s all you need to know about Godfather of Harlem Season 4, which has fans waiting with bated breath.
Godfather Of Harlem Season 4 Renewal Status
Godfather of Harlem, Season 4, has not yet been renewed or canceled. Season 3’s viewership is unknown, as MGM+ does not release viewership data, but given the show’s popularity online, it seems unlikely that it will be canceled after just three seasons.
There’s also a lot of room for development in the tale because Bumpy Johnson has never had more adversaries or problems to solve than he does at the end of Season 3. I think it’s merely a matter of time before Godfather of Harlem is renewed for a second season because of how popular it is and how interesting the tale is. So, let’s figure out what’s causing the delay.
Godfather Of Harlem Season 4 Release Date
There have been three seasons of The Godfather of Harlem so far. The most recent season, the third, concluded on March 26, 2023. Therefore, it is natural for fans to speculate about Season 4. But is the Godfather of Harlem’s return ever possible?
One, The series culminated in a thrilling climax in its third season. The cliffhanger leaves the door open for a possible fourth season. The Godfather of Harlem still has a shot at making a comeback.
Second, there has been overwhelmingly positive feedback from viewers. Many viewers have expressed their undying devotion to the popular American crime series. The series’ favorable reception suggests it will be brought back for a second season. Therefore, the positive reception from viewers suggests the show could return.
Some have speculated that The Godfather of Harlem has ended, but the show’s producers haven’t confirmed or denied this. Season 4 of Godfather of Harlem, on the other hand, is expected to premiere in late 2023 or early 2024.
Godfather Of Harlem Storyline
The life of American crime boss Bumpy Johnson inspired the plot of the film The Godfather of Harlem. The events of the show mostly focus on Bumpy’s life after he is freed from prison. A foreign mob, in this case, Italians, has taken over Bumpy Johnson’s neighborhood, much like the one in the opening. The fact that the lion hasn’t been spotted in the forest for a while doesn’t mean he can give up his domain. He must retake control of the region. Godfather Of Harlem illustrates, then, how Bumpy Johnson is able to regain his status.
The show’s seasons follow Bumpy through his various exploits. At the end of Season 3, Bumpy made an effort to bring down the Italians in his region. Will he be able to pull it off? Is he going to have any more close calls? Watching this exciting show is mandatory if you want to get some of your questions answered.
Godfather Of Harlem Cast and characters
- Forest Whitaker as Ellsworth “Bumpy” Johnson, a Harlem-based mob boss and the titular “Godfather of Harlem”
- Nigél Thatch as Malcolm X, a Muslim minister in the Nation of Islam and civil rights activist
- Ilfenesh Hadera as Mayme Johnson, Bumpy’s wife
- Lucy Fry as Stella Gigante, Vincent’s rebellious daughter
- Kelvin Harrison Jr. as Teddy Greene, an aspiring musician and Stella’s boyfriend
- Rafi Gavron as Ernie Nunzi, a violent associate of Vincent’s and part of the Genovese crime family
- Antoinette Crowe-Legacy as Elise Johnson, Bumpy’s heroin-addicted daughter-turned Muslim
- Giancarlo Esposito as Congressman Adam Clayton Powell Jr., a politician who represents Harlem in Congress
- Vincent D’Onofrio as Vincent “The Chin” Gigante, the mob boss of the Genovese crime family and Bumpy’s main rival
- Erik LaRay Harvey as Del Chance, one of Bumpy’s most trusted enforcers
- Demi Singleton as Margaret Johnson, Bumpy’s granddaughter
- Paul Sorvino as Frank Costello
- Luis Guzmán as Alejandro “El Guapo” Villabuena
- Elvis Nolasco as Nat Pettigrew
- Roslyn Ruff as Delia Greene
- Rony Clanton as Cecil Bradley
- Markuann Smith as Junie Byrd
- Dominic Fumusa as Father Louis Gigante
- Tramell Tillman as Bobby Robinson
- Method Man as Sam Christian
- Ronald Guttman as Jean Jehan
- Isaach de Bankolé as Jean Cesar / Monsieur 98
- Grace Porter as Betty Shabazz
- Gino Cafarelli as Fat Gino
- Justin Bartha as Robert Morgenthau
- Maurice Jones as Captain Omar
- Bo Dietl as Tommy Lucchese
- Richard Topol as Jonah Fineman
- Louis Vanaria as Lombardi
- Michael Raymond-James as Joe Colombo
- Arthur J. Nascarella as Carlo Gambino
- Richard D’Alessandro as Gaspar DiGregorio
- Yul Vazquez as José Battle
- Hudson Oz as Jonathan Pik
- Joel Marsh Garland as William “Wild Bill” Harvey
Godfather Of Harlem Season 4 Trailer
The release of the Godfather of Harlem Season 4 trailer has not been announced. The Season 4 teaser trailer will likely be released in the latter half of 2023 or the first few months of 2024. Fans should take comfort in the fact that while a fourth season isn’t a sure thing, it’s likely to be made in the near future.
Godfather Of Harlem Season 3 Rating
If you’ve never seen the series and are interested in its quality, I can say with confidence that you won’t be disappointed. The show has received generally positive reviews from critics and audiences alike, earning an 8.1/10 on IMDb and 85% on Rotten Tomatoes. For sure, I’ll be watching this series. Look at what those around you have said about it if you’re still on the fence about going.
Godfather Of Harlem Season 4 Episodes
There were ten episodes in each of the prior seasons. Godfather of Harlem season 4 will likely feature the same number of episodes as previous seasons.
Where to watch Godfather Of Harlem?
Since it was created by MGM+, the Godfather of Harlem has premiered exclusively on the cable channel. Hulu (and Disney+ abroad) and Fubo TV both offer streaming access as well.