In the criminal drama series ‘Bosch,’ detective Harry Bosch of Los Angeles takes on cases that grow more and more complex. The show’s core character’s journey is perfectly suited to the show’s metropolitan location, and the wide range of cases that end up in his lap makes for compelling viewing.
The show, which is based on novels by Michael Connelly and which he co-wrote with Eric Ellis Overmyer, has been getting better reviews as it has progressed through its seven seasons. Since its debut in 2014, ‘Bosch’ has been well-received by viewers and critics alike because of its stellar performances and a constant stream of thrilling moments. Now, the show’s audience is wondering if there will be a second season. Or does Harry Bosch’s story end here? Let’s take a look at season 8 of “Bosch” and all the information we have so far.
Will there be Bosch Season 8?
Season seven of the show debuted on June 25, 2021, on Amazon Prime. The entire first season was simultaneously made available on the streaming service. We regret to tell you that Bosch will not return for Season 8. Season seven was officially announced as the series finale, and production on the show has concluded. But that doesn’t imply we’ve reached the end of Bosch’s tale. With the launch of the spin-off series Bosch Legacy, the character has begun a new adventure.
This new IMDb TV series has already been picked up for a second season. In a recent interview, Amazon Original series star Titus Welliver confirmed that the new Bosch series will serve as a continuation of his story as Harry Bosch. Given that Amazon Studios will be involved in the spin-off’s production. And it will feature the same original cast and crew as the first season.
Is there a Bosch spin-off?
The eighth season of Bosch has been canceled, but Harry Bosch’s narrative will continue on an as-yet-unnamed spin-off. It will be Amazon Studios’ first original series spinoff and the first IMDb TV original. The new Bosch series is a spin-off, but star Titus Welliver recently revealed in an interview with Entertainment Weekly that it will serve as a continuation of the story of Harry Bosch as told in the Amazon Original series. Since Michael Connelly and Eric Overmyer, the show’s creators, will serve as executive producers alongside Tom Bernardo, Henrick Bastin, and Titus Welliver, and the spin-off will be produced in association with Amazon Studios, Harry Bosch is in good hands.
What is the storyline of Bosch?
The television series Bosch is in the detective fiction subgenre, and its plot concerns a former special forces officer who has taken a job as a homicide detective. As part of his duties, he will look into a wide range of homicides that seem fishy. Meanwhile, he’ll do what he can to solve the case and identify the genuine perpetrator so that he can bring him to justice.
Basch Season Cast
- Titus Welliver as Los Angeles Police Department Detective III Hieronymus (Harry) Bosch, a former Army Special Forces operator and a veteran of the First Gulf War and Afghanistan who works in the Hollywood homicide division.
- Jamie Hector as Detective II Jerome (Jerry) Edgar, Bosch’s partner
- Amy Aquino as Lieutenant II Grace Billets, Bosch’s immediate superior and friend
- Lance Reddick as Chief of Police Irvin Irving
- Annie Wersching as Police Officer I Julia Brasher, a rookie cop assigned to the Hollywood Division.
- Jason Gedrick as Raynard Waits, a serial killer and the suspect in the death of a boy whose bones are found in Laurel Canyon
- Sarah Clarke as Eleanor Wish, Harry’s ex-wife with whom he still has a cordial relationship.
- Madison Lintz as Madeline (Maddie) Bosch, Harry’s daughter
- Jeri Ryan as Veronica Allen, a manipulative former porn star married to an Armenian porn producer who is murdered
- Brent Sexton as Carl Nash, a former LAPD homicide detective who oversees a team of corrupt police officers while working as a security guard at a gated community
- Mimi Rogers as Honey “Money” Chandler, a civil rights attorney
- Paul Calderón as Detective II Santiago “Jimmy” Robertson, a seasoned detective investigating the murder of a vet who has a history with Harry
- Matthew Lillard as Luke “Lucky” Rykov, an FBI agent with whom Harry works on two
- casesDavid Marciano as Detective Brad Conniff.
- Spencer Garrett as Fowkkes, Andrew Holland’s high-powered attorneyLynn Collins as Alicia Kent
- Julie Ann Emery as FBI Agent Sylvia Reece
- Adam J. Harrington as FBI SAC Jack Brenner
- Carter MacIntyre as FBI Agent Clifford Maxwell
- Abby Brammell as Heather Strout
What to expect from Basch Season 8?
Beginning with the upcoming Season 8 debut, viewers will be able to watch as Harry Bosch enters a new chapter in his profession alongside Honey “Money” Chandler. Though much of The Burning Room, Connelly’s 2014 novel, serves as inspiration for Bosch’s seventh season. The 1992 film The Concrete Blonde served as inspiration for key elements of the previous season’s plot.
Due to the show’s evolution over the past seven years, many of Connelly’s Harry Bosch novels remain potential plot points. However, as the show’s plot develops in parallel with the novels, the spin-off would probably take ideas from the most recent books in the series. Mickey Haller, Bosch’s half-brother, appears in a number of these later books as well. The Lincoln Lawyer, another of Connelly’s latest shows, centers on this character. It will be fascinating to see how the two stories converge in these new, concurrent TV broadcasts.
Bosch Season 8 Release Date
The seventh season of “Bosch” debuted on Amazon Prime on June 25, 2021. Each of the season’s eight episodes clocked in at around 45 minutes, and they were all made available at the same time. The seventh season of the crime drama will be it’s last, so don’t expect a season 8. A ‘Bosch’ spinoff titled ‘Bosch: Legacy’ is under production, so fans need not despair. As you’ll see, the creators of the new spinoff have retained a number of the original show’s actors and actresses on board.
Although ‘Bosch: Legacy’ is a new series that will air on IMDb TV rather than Amazon Prime, it will still be influenced by Connelly’s books and will have Overmyer in an executive producing role. Filming for the new show began in the same month as the premiere of ‘Bosch’ season 7. The final episode of the spinoff was filmed on November 4, 2021.
Connelly claims that the new series will have ten episodes, with possible weekly releases, however, a release date has not yet been established. He also said they’d aim to ride the wave of success from ‘Bosch’ season 7, so we shouldn’t have to wait too long for the spinoff’s release. ‘Bosch: Legacy’ will likely premiere in the first half of 2022.
Bosch Season Rating
The reviews for the most recent season of Bosch were mostly positive. The story, acting, and characters were all lauded. This show has received positive reviews from audiences, scoring an average of 93% on Rotten Tomatoes and an 8.5/10 on IMDB.
Is Bosch worth watching?
Viewers evaluate the show’s quality based on how popular it is and how well it’s been reviewed by critics, and then they decide whether or not to tune in. If you’re interested in watching Bosch, you shouldn’t wait around; the show has been universally praised and has good ratings on both IMDb and Rotten Tomatoes.