Benefits of Up-Downs Exercise
1. Helps develop endurance, quickness, coordination, and agility
2. Improves cardiovascular system
3. Develops muscles of hips & legs
4. Enhances explosive power in the upper body, lower body, and trunk
5. Quickens fast-twitch muscle fiber recruitment for short-term speed & power
6. Teaches how to ‘explode’ through the up motion (helpful when coming out of the blocks)
7. Provides stimulus for neuromuscular adaptations leading to better brain function during exercise by increasing blood flow to cortical regions of the brain
8. Increases nervous system activity resulting in improved reaction time
9. Improved concentration on the task at hand
10. Supports proper posture
11. Great addition or alternative to pushups
12. Develops strength and endurance in arms, back, hips & legs
13. Develops a lean muscular body
14. Prevents boredom during workouts
15. Enhances coordination 16. Enhances flexibility
17. Shown to improve mood
18. Helps develop power throughout a full range of motion
19. Increases bone mineral density
20. Improves skills in other sports
21. Improve balance/agility
22. Increases flexibility
23. Decreases body fat 24. Helps avoid injuries
25. Enhances brain function
26. Provides improved self-esteem
27. Shown to reduce risk of Alzheimer’s disease
28. Improves motor skills
29. Relatively safe – a fun activity for kids
30. Does not require equipment
Up down Plank Benefits:
One of the most challenging exercises for our core and upper body. It looks very simple but it is tough for our abdominal, lower back and arm muscles to hold our body weight upwards and downwards in a vertical position. The simplest way to do this exercise is by standing up straight with your legs slightly apart.
Then simply put your palms on the floor and push yourself upward with the arms only as shown in the picture above, then move slowly downward again touching the ground with both hands as shown below. This form of exercise can be used at home or outside without any equipment such as dumbbells or barbells for building strength and endurance.
Workout your arms, shoulders, forearms, upper back and lose your love handles with this form of exercise. It is a full-body workout for women that can be done anywhere anytime without any equipment just like push-ups. This builds the foundation of strong arms and shoulders for women with toned arms and healthier backs.
Losing love handles with up-down planks helps you develop masculine muscle definition in the arms which gives you a tone muscular look rather than a bulky appearance with extra fat on the arms as shown below. Also, it burns abdominal fat quickly by building strong core muscles around the abdomen region resulting in a sexy waistline similar to flat belly girl Miley Cyrus shown below.
up-down exercise Benefits:
This form of exercise is a full-body workout for women and can be done anywhere anytime without any equipment such as dumbbells or barbells just like push-ups
This strengthens the core muscles of the upper body and abdomen region around the waistline resulting in a sexy slim waist similar to flat belly girl Miley Cyrus shown below
It helps tone your arms, shoulders, forearms, upper back and lose love handles with this form of exercise
This strengthens the lower back muscles and gives you a healthier-looking back rather than a weak spine curvaceous design with extra fat on it. This can be used by people suffering from a low iron count in the blood or anemia.
This exercise helps your body develop a sexy waistline with masculine muscle definition in the arms similar to flat belly girl Miley Cyrus is shown below
Using this form of exercise, you can build up strong muscles in the abdomen region which helps lose weight faster by burning extra calories present in your body increasing your metabolism rate resulting in quick weight loss without any special diets or expensive gym equipment required for toning our body at home.
Up-downs vs burpees:
This is an advanced exercise for women that helps build strong muscles in the abdominal region, arms and shoulders. It also tones your thighs, hips, buttocks, and shaves off love handles without any expensive equipment required for toning your body at home. Do this form of exercise for 10-15 minutes daily to get a sexy curved waistline with slim arms similar to flat belly girl Miley Cyrus shown below.
What muscles do up-downs work:
The instruction guide below shows the proper way to do up-down planks without pain or strain in your lower back, neck, and arms. Also, it gives you a sexy curvaceous look similar to the flat-belly girl Miley Cyrus showed above.
1. Lie on your stomach with both legs straight and put your palms directly under your shoulders as shown above
2. Put one leg behind you and push yourself upward for a second while breathing out slowly
3. Now return slowly downward touching the ground with both hands again breathing in through the nose till you are back in the starting position
4. Repeat this motion 10 times or until muscle fatigue sets in then take a break of 30 seconds to 5 minutes before resuming again for the next set of 10 repetitions
5. Go on doing this for at least 15 minutes daily without taking any break for best results which should be visible in 2-3 weeks’ time if you are starting to get fit. 6. Make sure you do not overdo up-down planks since they can cause muscle pain or strain in your lower back, neck, and arms if done incorrectly or beyond the limits of your fitness level.
Side Effect of up-downs:
As with any form of exercise, there are a few minor side effects of up-downs which include muscle aches or cramps in the legs or arms. This is quite normal and should go away within an hour after you finish your workout for the day. If these persist, stop doing them immediately and consult your doctor before resuming again to avoid any serious complications later down the road.
1. This form of exercise is a complete body workout and can be done anywhere anytime without any equipment such as dumbbells or barbells just like push-ups
2. This strengthens the core muscles around your waist resulting in a sexy slim waist similar to flat belly girl Miley Cyrus shown below
3. It also helps tone your arms, shoulders, forearms, upper back and lose love handles with this form of exercise
4. This strengthens the lower back muscles and gives you a healthier-looking back rather than a weak spine curvaceous design with extra fat on it. This can be used by people suffering from a low iron count in the blood or anemia.
are up-downs a good exercise:
Yes, up-downs are a good exercise to strengthen the abdominal muscles and lose weight fast without any special diets or expensive gym equipment required for toning your body at home.
What Muscles do up-downs Work:
The instruction guide below shows the proper way to do up-down planks without pain or strain in your lower back, neck, and arms. Also, it gives you a sexy curvaceous look similar to the flat-belly girl Miley Cyrus shown above.
Role of Iron in up-downs:
Iron is an essential nutrient required by the body for various biological processes such as producing hemoglobin, transporting oxygen from lungs to tissues, and many more important biological functions which ensure optimum health if consumed in the right quantity and quality required.