Benefits of Lemon in The Treatment of Cancer
A recent study of American doctors has proved that lemons are beneficial in treating cancer. According to this research, it is known that lemon cures more than twenty types of diseases, including skin diseases, indigestion problems, etc. Not only this, but lemon also prevents heart stroke and other serious issues.
Below are some of the main benefits of lemon in the treatment of cancer:
If one intakes two lemons per day, then regularly, it helps him stop smoking entirely after three months.
People who have problems with their progress can get rid of them naturally by simply eating half a lemon with honey every morning on an empty stomach. This helps people digest food properly and keep good health always.
Moreover, any chronic disease can be cured by taking lemon juice mixed in hot water every morning on an empty stomach.
For cancer patients, they must intake lemons because it helps them in reducing side effects caused due to chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
It has been seen that people who have cancer grow healthy and robust hair when they start drinking lemon juice mixed in hot water every day. This happens because this mixture has antiseptic properties, which help keep away infections and bacteria that cause hair loss and baldness.
There is another benefit of lemon; if one wants shiny and thick hair, he should rub the scalp with a sliced lemon before going for a bath, especially for one who has a problem with their progress or indigestion problem.
It is an effective antioxidant that helps to detoxify the body naturally and eliminate free radicals from the bloodstream. Antioxidants help one remain healthy and strong because it protects him against any disease caused due to oxidative stress, such as cancer of the liver, brain, etc.
If any person wants to prevent cancer, he should drink lemon juice mixed with honey before going to bed every night on an empty stomach. This keeps the body’s internal organs healthy and robust by eliminating unwanted material from the inside of them. If one does not drink this mixture regularly, he becomes more prone to several diseases, including colon problems, piles, digestive problems, etc.
Benefits of lemon in the treatment of cancer stages:
Cancer is a general term that refers to a family of more than 100 different diseases. In cancer, it starts when cells in the body begin to grow out of control and continue growing indefinitely every time they are exposed to growth-promoting signals.
It has been proven that lemon can help treat cancer because of its ingredients which contain high amounts of vitamin C, antioxidants, and minerals, including calcium, magnesium, potassium, and phosphorus.
Among these properties found in lemons, one which is very useful for biological reactions involved in tumor formation is “pterostilbene,” this ingredient directly reduces the spread of cancer cells into other tissues by inhibiting cell adhesion molecules from attaching to blood vessels which prevent metastasis (the space) of the tumor. It also activates tumor suppressor genes and induces apoptosis (cell death) in cancer cells.
With the effect of pterostilbene, lemon can prevent and treat cancer in various ways:
• Effective against breast and colon cancer because of its high content of vitamin C. These properties: inhibit tumor growth by suppressing cell adhesion molecules from binding to blood vessels involved in metastasis. In addition, vitamin C also enhances immunity from infections that may cause lung, skin, or bladder cancers.
• It has been proven that pterostilbene can reduce the spread of prostate, stomach, and liver cancers by inhibiting a protein named “alpha-catenin,” which is involved in transmitting signals from outside to inside cells, among others found in blood vessels closely related to tumor formation. For this reason, it is used for treatment purposes in many types of cancer, including breast, prostate, urinary bladder, and others.
• Furthermore, pterostilbene can reduce the spread of lung cancer by inhibiting “GSTp1”. This gene is involved in cellular resistance to oxidative stress, one of the causes of lung tumors.
• Using lemon to fight liver cancer through its potent antioxidant power to fight free radicals and inhibit GSTP1 genes responsible for tumor formation. The antioxidant property found in lemons prevents the degradation of lipids and DNA due to their antioxidant effects.
• It has been proven that pterostilbene inhibits pancreatic cell carcinoma cells because it interacts with an enzyme called c-ABL, which plays a vital role in cancer formation in the pancreas. This enzyme is involved in leukemia, myeloproliferative disorders, and solid tumors like breast cancer, prostate cancer, ovarian cancer, lung cancer, osteosarcoma (bone marrow), and pancreatic cancers.
• The pterostilbene content of lemons can also inhibit nerve cell growth in a person suffering from a particular form of breast cancer called “HER2/neu,” which plays a vital role in tumor formation.
• Furthermore, this substance can inhibit the production of pancreatitis-associated proteins such as amyloid A and pentraxin 3, whose functions are related to cancer development in various organs, including the pancreas. In addition, it inhibits signal transduction pathways that may be involved in causing lung cancer due to its antioxidant properties.
In addition, lemon juice contains vitamin C, which helps prevent diseases caused by oxidative stress, such as those types of cancer mentioned above.
Vitamin C has been used to treat cancer and leukemia. Recently, scientists have found out that this vitamin inhibits pancreatic cell carcinoma cells because it interacts with an enzyme called c-ABL, which plays a vital role in cancer formation.
Vitamin C can protect cells from damage caused by free radicals, which are causes of cancer and other diseases. This is because vitamin C has a powerful antioxidant effect of fighting free radicals or oxidative stress.
In addition, pterostilbene in lemon juice can prevent skin cancer by inhibiting “alpha-catenin,” which transmits signals from outside to inside cells involved in metastasis formation. In addition, it also inhibits cell adhesion molecules from binding to blood vessels that play an essential role in metastasis formation.
• The antioxidant properties found in lemons suppress DNA fragmentation and lipid peroxidation due to their anti-inflammatory effects on compounds such as prostatitis and nitric oxide metabolites, which are related to pancreatitis. This severe disorder often causes severe pain in the abdomen. In addition, it also suppresses cell death induced by oxidative stress.