Benefits of Hyaluronic Acid for Healthier-Looking Skin, Hair, and Nails.
hyaluronic acid (HA) is a naturally occurring substance in your body that helps keep your joints lubricated and cushions the impact of gravity on your skin to help it look youthful and supple. we’ve upped our HA game to give you even more reasons to love this skincare miracle
to help you navigate all things HA, we’ve put together a list of the top 16 reasons why adding more HA to your life can lead to #bigbeautifulresults.
1) hyaluronic acid holds up to 1000 times its weight in water. that means it helps keep your skin hydrated, even in the driest conditions––whether that’s due to cold weather or air conditioning.
2) hyaluronic acid keeps your skin plump and full by preventing moisture loss. it locks water into the outer layer of your skin so it keeps its youthful appearance.
3) when you’re low on HA, things start to look dry and dull. HA helps fill in the spaces between your skin’s collagen and elastin to keep your skin looking plump, even when you’re low on sleep or stressed out.
4) HA can help diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles because it attracts moisture so effectively. add more hyaluronic acid to your skincare routine and you’ll be able to visibly smooth out the look of your wrinkle over time.
5) HA also helps give your skin a plump, healthy glow by enhancing its moisture retention. adding more hyaluronic acid to your skincare routine may help minimize dryness and flaking for a vibrant, even complexion.
6) HA can also help you achieve a more even skin tone and minimize blotchiness and redness. increasing your skin’s moisture level can promote a hydrated, calm appearance.
7) HA soothes the itchy, irritated skin caused by allergies and conditions like rosacea. if your skin is sensitive or easily irritated, add more hyaluronic acid to your skincare routine and help soothe and calm your skin’s surface.
8) HA is a common ingredient in injectable filler products, like perlane and Juvederm, because it can improve the appearance of deep lines and wrinkles by adding volume to the area. it also helps prevent further signs of aging in these deeper wrinkles by protecting your skin from damage and promoting a more even appearance.
9) HA is the perfect ingredient for a more comfortable shave thanks to its strong moisture-locking ability. if you have sensitive skin, shaving can irritate the surface of your skin––but hyaluronic acid creates a protective barrier that locks in moisture and soothes the skin as you shave.
10) HA is a highly effective humectant–it can help your skincare products absorb better to give you more out of every product in your rotation. it works by attracting moisture from the air around you, so adding more hyaluronic acid to your skincare routine can help you get more out of your skincare.
11) HA can also help give your makeup an extra glow by infusing it with moisture, helping it glide on more smoothly and last longer throughout the day. hyaluronic acid is a key ingredient in many primers because of its ability to attract moisture and improve the look of your makeup.
12) HA can be a lifesaver in the harsh winter months when your skin is most vulnerable to moisture loss from the cold weather and heating systems throughout your home. adding additional hyaluronic acid to your skincare routine in the winter will help keep your skin hydrated in even the driest conditions.
13) hyaluronic acid has been shown to be a very effective skin moisturizer that can increase skin elasticity and reduce the appearance of wrinkles over time. because it’s a water-binding agent, hyaluronic acid is also able to hold onto moisture for extended periods of time up to 1,000 times its own weight in water.
14) hyaluronic acid is also extremely hydrating for the skin. it can absorb up to 1,000 times its own weight in water and helps provide instant hydration to smooth away the look of dryness.
15) HA doesn’t just work on your face it can be used all over your body to lock in moisture in your skin all day long.
16) HA can be used to replace moisture-depleting ingredients that are common in the post-shaving process, like alcohol and witch hazel. if you have a problem with sensitive or easily irritated skin after shaving, try switching up your post-shaving regimen by adding more hyaluronic acid to your skincare routine.
17) HA can also help fight the look of cellulite by smoothing and plumping up the skin. if you’re looking for a way to improve the appearance of cellulite, adding more hyaluronic acid into your skincare routine may be one of the easiest ways to achieve that smooth, slim appearance.
18) HA can also help relieve pain from varicose veins and spider veins by improving the overall appearance of the skin, reducing the look of stretch marks and scars, and increasing moisture for a healthier, smoother appearance. it can even be used as a post-laser treatment to calm down any irritated skin around the area.
19) HA’s moisturizing properties can also be used as a skin-plumping ingredient. HA acts as a temporary filler, similar to injectable hyaluronic acid fillers that are commonly used for lip augmentation. it does this by attracting moisture from the air around you and into your skin cells, which makes them appear fuller and plumper.
20) HA can provide an immediate boost to your skin’s hydration and texture because of its ability to attract water from the air around you. moisturizing is one of the leading causes of dry, dehydrated-looking skin, so using a product with hyaluronic acid will instantly lock in that moisture and prevent your skin from looking very dull even if it’s been a long, stressful day.
Benefits of hyaluronic acid for acne:
Hyaluronic acid has been used for restoring the skin’s natural moisture for a long, long time. It is commonly available as an ingredient in skincare products that are rich in anti-aging properties, but what not many people know is that it can also be used to treat acne. Here are five ways hyaluronic acid can help you fight acne.
1) It binds moisture to the skin:
A lack of water in the skin is a major cause of acne breakouts. “Skin that lacks moisture becomes dehydrated, leading to fine lines and wrinkles,” says Dr. S Vijay from Sri Balaji Action Medical Institute, Chennai. Hyaluronic acid can bind up 1,000 times its weight in water, so it’s no wonder that products with this ingredient are often recommended for people who have dry skin. ”
2) It slows down skin aging:
Everyone loves a product that can do multiple things! While hyaluronic acid does not have any effect on acne breakouts, it is good for the skin in general. According to Dr. Vijay, retaining moisture in the skin slows down aging processes by keeping the skin plump and healthy-looking.
3) It improves collagen production:
“Collagen makes the skin firm and smooth, so if you have acne scars or sagging skin then using hyaluronic acid can help restore collagen to the skin,” says Dr. Vijay. However, he cautions against using this ingredient continuously for four weeks, because after that time period your body stops creating collagen naturally.
Hyaluronic Acid is a great ingredient for restoring skin’s natural moisture, but it can also be used to treat acne.
4) It acts as a thickening agent:
Many anti-aging products contain hyaluronic acid because of its ability to plump up the skin and give it an ample amount of volume without making the face look puffy. This is why pregnant women have a rounder face before giving birth because the skin has been filled with hyaluronic acid. If you are looking for products that can give your face volume without making it look shiny, then try out some skincare products with this ingredient.
5) It is not an antibiotic or steroid drug:
Ingredients like benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid kill bacteria and dry out the skin to get rid of acne, while antibiotics and steroid drugs treat breakouts. Hyaluronic acid, however, does none of these things it only replenishes the skin’s moisture and gets rid of wrinkles.
So just because a product has HA doesn’t mean that it is a miracle potion for acne—it’s just a moisturizer. The best way to use this ingredient is to look for products that have it as the main ingredient – they will have a bigger impact on your skin than mixed products.
Hyaluronic acid side effects on the skin:
As far as hyaluronic acid side effects on the skin go, there aren’t many. One of the most common complaints is that this ingredient makes the skin feel sticky and oily – however, these effects wear off after a few minutes. You can also experience some redness and dryness when you first start using products with hyaluronic acid, but this is also temporary.