Benefits of Bone Broth, Best Bone Broth Soup Recipe
increased joint health due to glucosamine/chondroitin sulfates
reduced cellulite thanks to the collagen in gelatin form, which helps support connective tissue in the body
Anti-inflammatory properties thanks to glycine and proline, two amino acids abundant in bone broth. Inflammation is also one of the foundations of disease.
inflammation is also one of the foundations of the disease
improved digestion and a great source of minerals such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, silicon, sulfur, and others that are very beneficial for bone health (and more)
excellent start for collagen, which helps strengthen skin, hair & nails. It’s also said to help with blemishes and acne, from what I’ve been reading from those who have been drinking it. It’s also a great source of proline known to help with muscle recovery after intense exercise.
I was listening to a podcast yesterday where they discussed if collagen peptides would be as effective as consuming the bone itself due to a lack of research on the benefits of collagen peptides. I thought that it would also be wise to destroy bones for protein and all nutrients they contain.
I’ve been researching this supplement for a long time now, ever since seeing results from people drinking broth made from chicken backs. It’s great because you can make a huge batch and freeze some for later.
I’m delighted I finally decided to buy myself one of these to start making my own bone broth/stock! You can use it with any bones, even beef or pork. There are also lots of recipes for preparing your bone broth using this slow cooker.
This slow cooker comes with a booklet that gives you detailed information on using it for all kinds of meats, not just chicken.
Scientific proof of bone broth: the world study
Bone broth is one of the oldest remedies that are handed down from generation to generation. However, it is unclear when and where the bone broth is first used as a remedy. The earliest written evidence dates back to 1873 BC, in Chinese manuscripts; however, archaeologists found that already since 10 thousand years ago, people have used the bones and the broth to cure many diseases.
A group of scientists from many countries worldwide headed by Prof. Colin Champ, a professor at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, began to research the effects of bone broth on humans.
They studied two groups: one received nothing but broth, and another was given only drugs. Again, the results were terrific: subjects who drank only broth healed faster and experienced more minor symptoms.
The group who received drug treatment not only did not heal but got worse and more symptoms appeared. Scientists note that this is very important because they prove scientifically what many grandmothers already know: broth heals!
Benefits of drinking bone broth for breakfast:
1. The broth has a positive effect on the digestive system, activates its work, and ensures that the body effectively absorbs all nutrients from food;
2. It reduces hunger and helps in weight loss because it stimulates metabolism and fat burning. It is also helpful for people who suffer from chronic fatigue syndrome or depression that cause overeating;
3. With its high content of gelatin, the broth helps to maintain healthy hair, skin, and nails because it strengthens the connective tissue around them;
4. Bone broth is recommended to people experiencing problems with joints because it reduces inflammation and arthritis. It is beneficial for people who have rheumatoid arthritis or those who need treatment of “osteoarthritis” and similar diseases;
5. With its high content of gelatin, the broth reduces wrinkles, helps to maintain tone and elasticity of the skin, and has a positive effect on the complexion;
6. The liquid is an excellent source of minerals such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and other essential trace elements which are easily digested by the body;
Fifteen minutes to cook healthy chicken bones broth Recipe of bone broth is one of the best-kept secrets in health circles everywhere. The excellent healing benefits of this elixir are just now beginning to be discovered after having been ignored for centuries, perhaps because it does not fit into anyone’s system or schedule.
Bone broth can heal the gut and has been known to help cure everything from leaky gut syndrome and colitis to arthritis and even cancer. Consumed as a soup, it will boost your immune system and rapidly deliver much-needed nutrients into your body’s cells, rejuvenating you from the inside out.
Best bone broth soup recipe
necessary ingredients for healthy chicken bones broth:
– 1 tbsp. coconut oil
– 3 garlic cloves, chopped
– 1 onion, roughly chopped
– 2 carrots, peeled and diced
– 1 celery stalk, roughly chopped
– 2 bay leaves
– 1 tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
– 1 tsp. black pepper
– 4 quarts (16 cups) of water
You will also need:
– A Crockpot or a stockpot – the latter can be much more efficient because it has a broader surface, so less heat is required to keep the liquid simmering.
Preparation method for healthy chicken bones broth:
1. Put the onion, carrots, and celery into a huge pot or Crockpot
2. Pour coconut oil over the ingredients and saute them for 5 minutes over medium heat (in a Crockpot, set it to “High”) until they begin to soften
3. Add water and all remaining ingredients and bring to a boil
4. Reduce heat and simmer for 20–24 hours (in a Crockpot, cook on “LOW” setting if you want it done in less than 24 hours); the longer it cooks, the better it tastes!
5. Strain broth through fine-mesh sieve or cheesecloth into a large bowl
6. Allow the broth to cool and then place it into containers of your choice for refrigeration
7. Refrigerate overnight; after that, the fat will have solidified on top, making it easier to remove if desired (I like to leave it altogether)
8. Broth can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for several months.
– All ingredients should be added to a large pot and covered with 4 quarts (16 cups) water;
– Let it sit from 6 to 24 hours, but no less than 8 hours. After that, drain the liquid into a sink through a cheesecloth or a fine-mesh strainer. You can refrigerate it immediately, but you have to reheat it before consuming it.
Good to know:
1. This is an excellent method for utilizing all types of leftover bones from whole chickens, chicken parts, beefsteak, and even beef marrow bones! Just freeze them until you are ready to make the broth
2. Exactly how many vegetables you add is up to you and your taste preference, but I would not recommend adding only one or two since this will result in a rather weak-tasting broth
3. Every time you reheat this healthy chicken bones broth, bring it to a boil and then reduce heat and let it simmer for 5 to 10 minutes
4. Remove any scum or oil that floats to the top while it is cooling.
5. If you have a pressure cooker, use it! Set the range on your stove and once it gets hot, reduce heat and let it produce a steady stream of vapor for about 3 hours.
6. If you want to collect the fat in the jar when you store the broth in your fridge, leave it overnight and then take off this layer in the morning.
7. Keep in mind that during cooking, some of the nutrients will evaporate, so what you get in glass jars is not 100% of what was in the pot.
8. You can add some salt during cooking, but remember that it will get more concentrated while simmering, so you should probably add only half of what you would usually use.
9. Never throw away chicken feet! They are a great addition to any pot of broth, and they contain lots of natural gelatin, which is very good for your skin, hair, and nails.
10. If you want to drink this broth daily, just add some warm water to it; otherwise, let it cool completely before refrigerating or freezing.
5 minutes; cooking time: 24 hours (or 8-12 hours in a pressure cooker); yields 16 cups of healthy homemade bone broth.
Bone broth benefits for skin:
The best time to drink bone broth, especially for the skin, is in the morning and right before bed.
1. Broth helps to reduce cellulite
2. It enhances your hair and nails health
3. It reduces wrinkles and fine lines
4. It makes your skin healthier and brighter
5. It heals your gut
6. Broth speeds up the metabolism and helps with weight loss
7. Drinking bone broth will make you feel energized and refreshed throughout the day.
8. It boosts immunity and fights infections (it is perfect for people suffering from cold and flu).
9. Bone broth fights arthritis; it also relieves arthritis-related joint pain.
10. It speeds up the healing process after a workout and reduces its time to recover from an injury.