Benefits and Side Effects of Black Seed Oil
1. Improve digestive system:
The seeds of black seed oil have a lot of mucilage content, known as the element that promotes good digestion, soothes ulcerative colitis, and reduces bloating in the intestine. In addition, mucilage can give relief from constipation due to irritable bowel disease. It also helps with stomach pain and colitis.
2. Relieve arthritis pain:
The presence of analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties in the black seed oil help to reduce the stiffness and swelling in joints caused by gout and rheumatoid arthritis. It also helps with joint inflammations like bursitis, tendinitis, and osteoarthritis.
3. Reduce heart disease:
The seeds of black seed oil can lower blood pressure and cholesterol level due to their antioxidant properties. It also helps with atherosclerosis, congestive heart failure, high triglycerides, and high-fat levels in the bloodstream. This oil can prevent the formation of clots, which are the leading cause of heart attacks. It also thins the blood, which is necessary to prevent or treat dangerous clots.
4. Manage diabetes:
Black seeds can inhibit insulin resistance, so they are highly recommended for people with diabetes type 2 because they can control glucose levels in the bloodstream. The presence of magnesium in black seed oil helps to reduce the risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol.
5. Treat respiratory disorders:
Black seeds can fight bacterial infections in the lungs, making them a good option for treating colds and influenza. Inhaling its steam can relieve respiratory tract inflammation such as asthma, bronchitis, and even tuberculosis.
The black seed oil has excellent antibacterial and antifungal properties, which provide relief from respiratory tract infections such as pneumonia, whooping cough, laryngitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and nasal congestion.
6. Manage depression:
At the moment, scientists have a lot of evidence to suggest that seed oil has antidepressant properties in shallow doses. It increases the production of neurotransmitters like serotonin, dopamine, and noradrenaline, which are chemicals produced by the brain. They play an essential role in regulating mood, sleeping pattern, anxiety level, aggression level, appetite level, etc., so they can treat conditions like depression and panic attacks.
7. Treat cancer:
Black seeds oil has an antitumor effect in the body, providing relief from prostate cancer, lung carcinoma, breast cancers, and tumors in other body parts. It also helps with leukemia and pancreatic cancer. The thymoquinone content in black seed oil is responsible for these properties. In 2-stage mice, skin carcinogenesis slows the process of tumor promotion and prevents the formation of tumors.
8. Improve blood conditions:
The iron present in the seeds helps treat anemia by increasing hemoglobin levels in the body and reducing red blood cells. It can also treat chronic fatigue, weakness, dizziness, hair loss, etc., because of its ability to promote red blood cells production.
9. Improve skin conditions:
The black seed oil has anti-aging properties due to the presence of antioxidants. It can remove dark circles under your eyes naturally and lighten age spots caused by the sun. Its antioxidant properties also have a positive impact on your skin’s health and help prevent acne, eczema, psoriasis, and other conditions caused by free radicals in the body.
10. Treat diabetes:
The seeds can control glucose levels due to their insulin-like effect on the pancreas gland. This will reduce the risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol.
According to research from the Journal of Ethnopharmacology published in 2012 and carried out by scientists from Beni-Suef University in Egypt, this plant has antioxidant properties that help to protect the heart from damage caused by ischemia/reperfusion.
side effects of black seed oil:
1. strengthens the heart muscles and
2. reduces fever and inflammation due to its anti-inflammatory properties
3. relaxes and soothes the nervous system
4. heals wounds, fights bacteria, fungus, and viral infections
5. restores menstrual regularity and relieves symptoms of menopause
6. balances blood sugar levels, making it beneficial for diabetes
7. supports normal cholesterol and thyroid function
8. relieves symptoms of allergies like eczema and psoriasis
9. can protect against cancer due to its antioxidant properties
10. alleviates the discomfort caused by hemorrhoids
11. reduces back pain and rheumatic inflammation
12. relieves coughs, colds, and nasal congestion
13. can help with bronchitis by loosening mucus in the airways
14. improves circulation and fights impotence
15. boosts libido, treats frigidity in women and erectile dysfunction in men
Best time to take black seed oil: mornings on an empty stomach.
· 1-2 teaspoons a day of freshly ground organic black seed mixed in honey, olive oil, or orange juice.
· half teaspoon two times per day with meals
· up to 3 tablespoons daily for therapeutic use.
Black seed oil capsules:
· follow manufacturer’s directions on the label, but generally, one or two 500mg capsules per day with a meal is enough.
Best way to take black seed oil:
1. in a smoothie with fresh ginger and yogurt
2. in a salad dressing mixed with olive oil and lemon juice and poured over steamed vegetables or tossed into sautéed spinach
3. on toast, drizzled with honey and sprinkled with cinnamon
4. Ali suggested mixing black seed oil into your lip moisturizer – “fill up the lip balm tube with black seed oil, and you can rub it on your lips to keep them moist.”
5. in hummus
6. make a traditional Middle Eastern drink by mixing fennel seeds, aniseeds, cumin, coriander seeds, cardamom pods, cinnamon sticks, nutmeg powder, and black seeds in a coffee grinder. “It’s delicious, healthy, and will boost your energy,” Ali said.
7. in coffee with a natural sweetener
8. with fresh lemon juice and water to tone the liver, gall bladder, and kidneys
9. mix two tablespoons into a smoothie containing 1 cup of pomegranate or grape juice and ½ cup yogurt for increased energy
10. mix with olive oil, spread on toast, and top with crushed garlic