Benefits and Side Effect of Alkaline Water
It improves digestion by alkalinizing the digestive tract, leading to better assimilation of nutrients and elimination of wastes.
It reduces acidity in the body, thus preventing illness and disease caused or worsened by the edge.
Alkalinity neutralizes toxins, making it beneficial for the liver, which leads to the better elimination of wastes and toxins through the kidneys.
It reduces fatigue and stimulates mental alertness, creating a feeling of well-being, as it can deliver oxygen more efficiently to cells and tissues throughout the body.
The byproducts produced during metabolism are acid; therefore, water must be alkalinized to balance this pH imbalance.
Acidosis is a condition in which the pH of fluids outside of cells becomes abnormally low, which can occur from diet, stress, and lifestyle. To prevent this from happening, alkaline water helps keep your body balanced with a pH of between 7.35 & 7.45, whereas normal drinking water will have 7.0.
Benefits from drinking alkaline water include:
Improved digestion and nutrient absorption, increased energy, longevity, & disease prevention.
Increased metabolic rate leads to weight loss for those trying to lose weight or maintain their ideal weight ranges.
Neutralization of excess acids in the body, which can help with headaches, arthritis pain, and other body areas.
More alkaline pH levels offer benefits for people suffering from diabetes 2 (URI).
Relief of acid reflux & ulcers.
Alkalinity helps reduce stomach problems such as gastric or peptic ulcers caused by the excessive production of hydrochloric acid.
It reduces high blood pressure and lessens the risk of heart attacks & strokes
It stimulates brain function
It creates a feeling of well-being
Aids in weight loss with an increased metabolic rate leads to faster fat burn for those trying to lose weight or maintain their ideal weight ranges.
It has been shown to reduce the impact of menopause symptoms
Reduced acidity and reduced risk for kidney stones for those who drink more than 1/2 gallon per day of alkaline water
Reduced risk of cancer due to its alkalizing effect, which reduces acidity in the body, thus preventing illness and disease caused or worsened by the edge. This includes cancer cell reproduction.
Increased hydration for those who drink more than 1/2 gallon per day
Aid in preventing tooth decay and gum disease by alkalizing saliva; neutralizing acids produced from sugar, bacteria, and fungi that form dental plaque.
Alkaline water side effects:
It’s also called alkaline ionized water. The benefits of using it are numerous, but the side effects of it aren’t as much talked about.
Alkaline water is treated and processed to reach a high pH level, usually 8-10. It contains ionic minerals and electrolytes and can increase the body’s hydration level and improve nutrient assimilation.
The side effects that come along with it include:
1) Dehydration – Drinking alkaline water will not hydrate your muscles and organs as effectively as pure, clean water because of its high mineral content. Although excess minerals are filtered through the kidneys, it still takes a toll on your body. Only your kidneys can filter out these processed minerals.
2) Energy Loss – The high mineral levels in alkaline water have adverse effects on your cellular energy production. It is challenging for ATP Energy production when there are too many ions floating around in our bloodstream.
3) Inflammation – Alkaline water has adverse effects on our inflammatory response. In addition, high mineral content is known to cause inflammation, fatigue, and joint pain in some people.
4) Weight Gain – Drinking alkaline water can lead to weight gain because of the high mineral absorption with poor elimination. Excess minerals are stored in cells instead of filtered out, leading to more bloating and weight gain.
5) Too Much of A Good Thing – Drinking high pH levels of alkaline water overtaxes your kidneys and will cause them to become overworked, leading to chronic dehydration.
How to make alkaline water:
There are other types of water, such as electrolyzed, ozonated, and antioxidant waters. They do not have the side effects of ionized water, but they also don’t have documented benefits. However, if you like these kinds of different waters, then, by all means, enjoy them and use them in place of alkaline water to eliminate their adverse effects.
Alkaline water has numerous benefits, but it is essential to understand the side effects before you start using it. The good outweighs the bad, but only if you are properly hydrated and have healthy kidneys!
How to make alkaline water for hydration:
Alkalizing water is purified water that has been filtered by passing through an alkaline-metal ion exchange column. This process breaks down the size of the hydrogen and oxygen molecules, making it easier for them to be absorbed into your body. The benefits are numerous, including better sleep, improved mood, reduced blood pressure, and increased energy.
Alkaline water is created through a process called electrolysis. During this process, electrodes of alkaline-hydrogen-producing minerals such as potassium and magnesium ionize the water molecule.
This breaks down the size of the hydrogen and oxygen molecules to be more easily absorbed into your body. The larger the H20 molecule is, the more difficult it is for your cells to absorb. Alkaline water’s smaller molecular structure helps increase hydration, thus helping you stay healthier and perform better.
Benefits of alkaline water weight loss:
The benefits of drinking alkaline water are numerous, but the most common include:
1) Weight Loss – The smaller molecular structure also aids in weight loss. It is easier for your body to digest, absorb, and eliminate water molecules that have been broken down or ionized. In addition, because you will be less bloated when drinking this type of water, you will not feel as hungry throughout the day.
2) Better Health – Drinking alkaline water has many health benefits, including less inflammation, better nutrient assimilation, proper pH balance in the body, and increased energy. It also helps your kidneys stay healthy by keeping them from reabsorbing too much acidity during digestion.
3) Improved Mood – Drinking alkaline water has been shown to improve your mood and sleep cycles. It is more easily absorbed by your body, thus making it easier for you to stay hydrated and balance pH levels in the blood.
4) Better Hydration – Alkalized water is made up of smaller molecules than regular tap water. Your cells can absorb alkaline water more efficiently than normal drinking water, helping you stay hydrated throughout the day.
5) Improved Skin – Drinking plenty of high-quality water will help keep your skin healthy and glowing. Overall hydration benefits your entire body, including your skin cells. Alkaline water’s smaller molecular structure is more straightforward for them to absorb, leading to healthier skin cells and better hydration.
6) Reduced Blood Pressure – Studies have shown that those who drink alkaline water tend to have lower blood pressure levels than those who drink tap water or bottled water.
7) Balanced pH Levels – Alkalized or ionized drinking water has a more balanced molecular structure, making it easier for your cells to absorb properly.
8) Improved Digestion – Drinking alkaline water allows your digestive enzymes to function more effectively, helping you break down nutrients in the food that you eat. It also helps prevent acid reflux and heartburn after meals, making it easier for you to digest food and eliminate waste from your body.
How much water should you drink in a day to lose weight:
Health experts recommend that women consume nine cups of water every day, and men should aim for 13 cups per day. It is best to divide this amount into two or three servings for optimal health benefits throughout the day.
Benefits of alkaline water for diabetes:
Weight loss may not be the only benefit you will experience by drinking alkaline water. Improved blood sugar levels have been linked to this life-changing drink as well. In addition, studies show that those who switch from drinking regular tap water to a more alkalized version tend to see their blood sugar levels drop, which can help prevent the onset of diabetes and other health problems.
Benefits of alkaline water for cancer:
People who drink alkalized water also tend to see their risk of developing cancer goes down as well. In addition, studies show that those who regularly consume the high pH levels in this type of water are less likely to develop certain types of cancer, including breast, ovarian, bladder, colorectal, and prostate.
Benefits of alkaline water during pregnancy:
Alkaline water has been linked to lower rates of preeclampsia and gestational diabetes, as well. Preeclampsia is a condition that occurs when mothers-to-be develop high blood pressure during pregnancy. It can lead to other complications, including low birth weight and premature birth.
Benefits of alkaline water for athletes:
People who are training for an athletic event can benefit from the improved hydration benefits of alkaline water. This type of drink is also recommended to those engaging in strenuous physical activity to help lubricate joints and prevent pain. It may even lead to better endurance levels over time.