‘Younger’ is a New York City-based comedy about Liza, a divorced single mother in her forties who is often misidentified as a 26-year-old. Taking advantage of this misunderstanding, she is able to rekindle both her personal and professional lives. The play was inspired by Pamela Redmond Satran’s 2005 book of the same name. The comedy-drama series was developed by Darren Star and premiered on TV Land on March 31, 2015. Beginning with its sixth season, the program was shown on Paramount+.
Sutton Foster’s (Liza Miller) endearing performance is a major reason why the production has been so well praised by critics. Fans of the romantic comedy genre will like the show’s easygoing tone and witty plots, as well as the sprinkling of feminism throughout. Its frank exploration of age, sexuality, and identity has also been praised as illuminating about contemporary society. Millennials, like members of Generation X, find a lot to identify within the program. Of course, you want to know whether will be back for season 8. What we have collected is presented here.
Younger Season 8 Renewal Status
Season 8 of Younger has been officially canceled after the show’s seventh and final season aired. The showrunners have announced that there will probably be no more seasons or episodes of the program, putting an end to the story of a lady in her forties.
The program, which followed Liza Miller’s life for seven great seasons, was abruptly canceled without any explanation from the authors or producers. It has been said that Younger Season is MTV’s longest-running American series, having started out as a comedy but ultimately involving viewers so much that they came to love Liza Miller’s story. It’s the newest thriller and dark comedy series set in the year 2020, in which a ruthless shark (or hustler lady, if you prefer) preys on the vulnerable and steals from the old.
The show chronicles the lives of a 40-year-old woman who is having a hard time of it because of her age, her divorce, the stigma attached to her profession, and other factors. She managed everything in public using her phony identity to keep her problems at bay since she obtained a position at the firm because she looked younger than her daughter.
We follow a divorced mother with a little girl through her seven years of trying to make ends meet on her own when her husband leaves her. Since the conclusion of Season 7 left the possibility open for the potential of carrying the tale further in Season 8, fans of the series have been demanding more to see in the next Season 8.
Younger Season 8 Cast and characters
- Sutton Foster as Liza Miller, a 40-year-old divorced mother
- Debi Mazar as Maggie Amato, Liza’s lesbian artist best friend, and roommate
- Miriam Shor as Diana Trout, Liza’s temperamental boss, who works as head of marketing at Empirical Press
- Nico Tortorella as Josh, a 26-year-old tattoo artist who owns his studio
- Hilary Duff as Kelsey Peters, a 26-year-old book editor at Empirical Press who befriends Liza after they start working together
- Molly Bernard as Lauren Heller, Kelsey’s 20-something friend
- Peter Hermann as Charles Brooks, head and heir of Empirical Press
- Charles Michael Davis as Zane Anders, an editor at Rivington who competes with Kelsey to discover who’s best
- Dan Amboyer as Thad and Chad Weber, twin brothers with strange behavior.
- Tessa Albertson as Caitlin Miller, Liza’s college-age daughter
- Thorbjørn Harr as Anton Björnberg, a Swedish writer who got his book signed at Empirical Press.
- Paul Fitzgerald as David Taylor, Liza’s ex-husband, and Caitlin’s father
- Jon Gabrus as Gabe, one of Josh’s nerdy friends
- Kathy Najimy as Denise Heller, Lauren’s mother
- Michael Urie as Redmond, an agent and social media icon
- Noah Robbins as Bryce Reiger, a 20-something tech billionaire who is interested in investing in Empirical
- Ben Rappaport as Max Horowitz, Lauren’s ex-boyfriend
- Jay Wilkison as Colin McNichol, a writer who infatuates Kelsey
- Mather Zickel as Dr. Richard Caldwell, a doctor who starts a relationship with Diana
- Meredith Hagner as Montana Goldberg / Amy, a barista friend of Maggie. She starts
- working as Maggie’s assistant and hooking up with Josh, but he soon discovers that she was copying Maggie’s art.
- Aasif Mandvi as Jay Malic, A man who discovers Liza’s secret and befriends her
- Burke Moses as Lachlan Flynn, a spy novelist who becomes the motive of Zane and Kelsey’s quarrel
- Jennifer Westfeldt as Pauline Turner-Brooks, Charles’ ex-wife, with whom he has two daughters, and who naively believes that they can get back together
- Chris Tardio as Enzo, Diana’s plumber boyfriend
- Phoebe Dynevor as Clare, an Irish citizen who begins dating Josh after Liza’s recommendation. She and Josh then plan a green card marriage in Ireland.
- Laura Benanti as Quinn Tyler, a businesswoman, and author who purchases Empirical Press and makes Kelsey the head publisher of Millennial.
- Janeane Garofalo as Cass Dekenessey, the dean of a local art school who hires Maggie as an Artist in Residence
Younger Season 8: Spin-off
Speculation regarding a spin-off increased when it became official that Season 7 of the comedic drama Younger will be its last. The makers have announced they will create the movie, so we can finally experience Liza Miller’s tale on the big screen once again (though no release date has been set as of yet). We will, therefore, update this page with new information as soon as the spin-off or movie is released. But the show will still be canceled, and Season 7 will be Liza Miller’s last.
Younger Season 8 Release Date
Season 7 of “Younger” premiered on Paramount+ on April 15, 2021, and concluded 12 episodes later, on June 10, 2021. Each episode lasts between 20 and 31 minutes.
Here’s what we know about the upcoming eighth season: The seventh season of the TV Land original series was given the go-ahead on July 24, 2019, making it the network’s longest-running original series. However, it was confirmed that the next seventh season will be the last in late February of 2021. The show’s creator, Darren Star, said in September 2020 that he intended for Season 7 to be the last. He was concerned about giving the audience a sense of closure and answering all their questions before the show’s final credits.