After a slew of successful adult animated programs, Netflix debuted its mature sci-fi workplace comedy in 2019. We’re talking about shows like “Big Mouth,” “Disenchantment,” and “BoJack Horseman,” to mention a few.
Cognito Inc., a shadow government corporation, was introduced to us in the animated series Gravity Falls by creator Alex Hirsch and writer Shion Takeuchi. The group’s mission was to control global conspiracies and prevent their unraveling of civilization. Reagan Ridley, the protagonist, was introduced to viewers in the premiere episode of the show. Over the course of ten episodes, viewers learned about Reagan’s antisocial and painfully awkward ways as she worked as a robotics engineer with her dysfunctional team.
The term “dysfunctional” was used by Netflix without irony. A telepathic mushroom and a man-dolphin super soldier are just two of the out-of-place members of the team. We are here to discuss Shion’s plans for Inside Job Season 2 and his multi-year contract with Netflix. Join us as we make educated guesses on the premiere date, trailer, cast, and plot of the upcoming comedy series.
Inside Job Season 2 Renewal Status
The cancellation of Inside Job’s second season by Netflix has been confirmed. The show’s discontinuation after only one season comes as a shock given the season’s generally positive reaction. Based on 14 reviews, the review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 79% approval rating, with an average score of 7.20/10. Furthermore, the series entered Netflix’s weekly Top 10 in numerous territories, and critics applauded the animation, voice acting, and social satire. Over 21 million people around the world watched the series between October 24 and October 31 on Netflix.
Showrunner Shion Takeuchi confirmed the cancellation of Season 2 of Inside Job on Netflix on January 8, 2023, saying, “Word of Inside Job being canceled first surfaced in a pair of now-deleted tweets by Chase Mitchell, one of the show’s writers, on Saturday, Jan. 7.”I hate posts like this, but our show got canceled on Friday,” Mitchell said on Twitter after the show was canceled on Friday. “I dunno if I was allowed to say this, but honestly, that streamer does not care about animation anymore, so who gives a shit?” Inside Job fans on social media seem to be similarly frustrated by this revelation.”
Inside Job Season 2 Release Date
Shion announced in January 2023 that Netflix had canceled Inside Job season 2.
Inside Job Storyline
The show is set in the offices of Cognito Inc., a secret government agency, and follows the exploits of Reagan Ridley, an antisocial tech genius. She, along with Brett Hand, investigates the world’s many mysteries. Reagan is optimistic that she will get promoted, but she faces several challenges along the way.
This includes both her father, a crazed conspiracist, and her irresponsible staff. They deserved a happily ever after, and so did Reagan and Brett. We would have liked to find out what the characters were planning. Inside Job was Netflix’s first original adult animated series and the first production under Takeuchi’s overall deal.
While the first part of Inside Job focused on introducing its many colorful characters, the second part focused mostly on developing those characters and the relationships between them. Part 2 draws to a close with a major turning point in the life of Reagan Ridley, the workaholic at Cognito Inc. There’s a lot that needs doing. It is made up of the masked and robed members of the all-powerful Shadow Board. Moreover, it’s possible that some of the personalities will grow even further. Reagan’s and Brett’s prominent roles helped elevate their already potent personalities.
Inside Job Cast and characters
- Lizzy Caplan as Reagan Ridley; a brilliant yet socially awkward and short-tempered robotics engineer who works at Cognito Inc.
- Christian Slater as Randall “Rand” Ridley; Reagan’s father, and Tamiko’s ex-husband.
- Clark Duke as Brett Hand; a yes-man from Washington, D.C., who has a front as a frat boy but is actually a sensitive and caring person who wants his peers to follow in his footsteps and strives to bring out the best in his friends and colleagues.
- Tisha Campbell as Gigi Thompson; a public relations officer from Atlanta, Georgia.
- John DiMaggio as Glenn Dolphman; Cognito’s jingoistic military advisor and armory chief who volunteered for a failed supersoldier experiment and was transformed into a human-dolphin hybrid.
- Bobby Lee as Dr. Andre Lee; a free-spirited yet anxious Korean-American biochemist who experiments with a range of unusual narcotics.
- Brett Gelman as Myc Celium; a psychic mushroom-like organism from a hive mind deep inside Hollow Earth with a dry, sarcastic demeanor and the ability to read peoples’ minds.
- Andy Daly as J.R. Scheimpough; the former CEO of Cognito, is a crafty conversationalist who can talk his way out of potentially compromising predicaments. He is sent to “Shadow Prison X” via tube at the end of Part 1 after attempting to embezzle the company pension fund to purchase a volcano island lair.
- Chris Diamantopoulos as Alpha-Beta, a robot originally designed to serve as the “ROBOTUS” (robotic replacement of the President of the United States).
- Suzy Nakamura as Tamiko Ridley, Reagan’s romance novelist mother and Rand’s ex-wife who has become sexually adventurous after her unsatisfying 35-year-long marriage.
- Adam Scott as Ron Staedtler; A member of the Illuminati responsible for erasing minds who, much like Reagan, is deeply unsatisfied with his job and struggles with the ethics of it.
- Alex Hirsch as “Grassy” Noel Atkinson, Cognito’s elderly top assassin who was the one actually responsible for the JFK assassination.
- Ron Funches as Elliot Mothman, head of the HR Department and a literal Mothman.
- Cheri Oteri as Dupli-Kate, the head of Cognito Inc.’s Cloning Department. She has a sentient clone tumor on the side of her head.
- Josh Robert Thompson as Agent Rafe Masters, a British secret agent, and James Bond-expy who has a one-night stand with Reagan and becomes emotionally clingy after she rejects him.
Where to watch Inside Job
Inside Job, season 1, is available only through Netflix streaming.
Inside Job Season 1 Rating
I can assure you if you haven’t seen the entire series and are curious about its quality, that it is quite nice! The show has received generally positive reviews from critics and audiences alike, earning a 7.6/10 on IMDb and an 89% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes.