How To Pronounce Diet
1. the act of reducing one’s weight by eating less food or by doing exercises, to eat less to become thinner to do physical activities to become more fit
2. a particular course of food that someone eats to lose weight, a meal that is specially prepared for people who are on a diet, something that you can only have small amounts of because it has too much fat, sugar, etc
3. (informal) anything which limits what you can do or how much of something you can get, mainly so that you stay healthy
she was on a healthy food diet; he had no choice but to follow his doctor’s orders. He couldn’t stick with all those diets he tried
you can’t expect to keep losing weight on that diet of yours, the frugal diet followed by our ancestors; the modern tourist’s diet of hamburgers and french fries.
4. ( informal )an informal agreement between political people or parties about what they will do in a particular situation, especially an election
a coalition government, a minority government, a power-sharing deal.
5. (diet) the food and drink regularly provided or consumed, ( historical ) food and drink supplied at public expense to members of religious orders the usual fare monks were allowed three meals a day any variety of food, especially food considered to be bland or unappetizing
The verb “to die” is pronounced as DAY-it. The noun “diet” is pronounced as DIE-it. The adjective “dietetic” is pronounced as dye-uh-TEET-it. The adverb “dietarily” is pronounced as dye-uh-TARE-lee. And the prefix “dia-” is pronounced as DYE-uh. So, a person on a diet is trying to reduce their weight by eating less food or doing exercise.
A unique course of food that someone eats to lose weight is called a “diet.” You can only have small amounts of something because it has too much fat, sugar, etc. is called “dietetic.” And anything which limits what you can do or how much of something you can get is called “dietary.” Lastly, a diet is an informal agreement between political people or parties about what they will do in a particular situation, especially an election.
A coalition government is when two or more political parties join together to form one government. A minority government is when a single party doesn’t have enough seats in parliament to rule on its own.
A power-sharing deal is when two or more political parties agree to share power equally. The food and drink regularly provided or consumed are called the “diet.” The usual fare is a phrase that means the food and drinks that someone usually eats. Monks were allowed three meals a day. And any variety of food is a phrase that means many different types of food, especially food considered bland or unappetizing.