‘Godzilla Singular Point’ is an original science fiction anime series which takes set in the year 2030. The local jack-of-all-trades business Otaki Factory has hired the brilliant young engineer Yun Arikawa. While checking out some mysterious sounds, he visits a deserted home where he overhears a song sung in a language he doesn’t recognize.
Mei Kamino, a science student interested in the study of fantastic animals, is sent by her professor to the Misakioku Radio Observatory to look into a “special signal,” which turns out to be the same song that Yun hears. Mei and Yun suspect the song is to blame for the global proliferation of Kaiju.
After its launch, the first season was met with universal acclaim for the show’s gorgeous animation and its intricate, ambitious narrative. You can stop worrying about when to watch the second season of the anime now that you’ve finished the first.
Godzilla Singular Point Season 2 Release Date
The fate of a second season of “Godzilla: Singular Point” on Netflix has not yet been confirmed. However, it’s still early, considering the series recently made its premiere in its entirety in the United States. Netflix will most likely wait to make a final choice until they see how the show does in the coming weeks.
A second season looks quite likely, what with the story’s established foundation and the show’s talented creative staff. The development time for the program was lengthy; a second season would certainly cut it down significantly. A second season premiere date as early as late 2022 or early 2023 is possible if the renewal order is given shortly. Fans are expected to hold off judgment until they see how well the first season does.
Godzilla Singular Point Story
Monsters the size of cities engage in epic conflict in Godzilla: Singularity Point. In the episode, mechs play a role as humanity battles Kaiju to protect Earth.
Yun Arikawa, Haberu Kato, and Mei Kamino are the human protagonists of Singular Point. These three brilliant minds discover a signal at the Misakioku radio monitoring station. Meanwhile, giant monsters begin to appear in cities throughout Japan. The three of them have to find out how to put an end to this assault and preserve humanity.
Godzilla’s metamorphoses are the show’s most interesting feature. Godzilla transforms into four more terrifying forms during the episode. A new and exciting way to look at the kaiju; maybe future seasons will bring even more radical changes.
Godzilla Singular Point Cast
- Mei Kamino voiced by: Yume Miyamoto (Japanese); Erika Harlacher (English)
- Yun Arikawa voiced by: Shōya Ishige (Japanese); Johnny Yong Bosch (English)
- Haberu Katō voiced by: Tarō Kiuchi (Japanese); Stephen Fu (English)
- Gorō Ōtaki voiced by: Wataru Takagi (Japanese); Keith Silverstein (English)
- Satomi Kanahara voiced by: Ayako Takeuchi (Japanese); Brittany Cox (English)
- Pelops II voiced by: Misaki Kuno (Japanese); Cassandra Lee Morris (English)
- Jet Jaguar voiced by: Rie Kugimiya (Japanese); Kira Buckland (English)
- Shunya Satō voiced by: Yōhei Azakami (Japanese); Billy Kametz (English)
- Tsunetomo Yamamoto voiced by: Jin Urayama (Japanese); Keone Young (English)
- Yukie Kanoko voiced by: Kotori Koiwai (Japanese); Reba Buhr (English)
- Takehiro Kai voiced by: Kenichi Suzumura (Japanese); Griffin Puatu (English)
- Guiying Li voiced by: Kaho Kōda (Japanese); Anne Yatco (English)
- Leena Byrne/Rina Barn voiced by: Runa Onodera (Japanese); Kimberly Anne Campbell (English)
- Yoshiyasu Matsubara voiced by: Tomoyuki Shimura (Japanese); Christopher Swindle (English)
- Makita K. Nakagawa voiced by: Hiromichi Tezuka (Japanese); Joe Ochman (English)
- Tilda Miller voiced by: Masako Isobe (Japanese); Barbara Goodson (English)
- Michael Steven voiced by: Kenta Miyake (Japanese); James C. Mathis III (English)
Godzilla Singular Point Season 2 Plot
The code turns out to be Jet Jaguar PP, the newest version of Jet Jaguar, in the season 1 finale. Although the robot is damaged in the process, the orthogonal diagonalizer is activated, and Godzilla is defeated. The calamity can be avoided since the code has been revealed. Yun and Mei don’t really meet one other until much later.
In the moment after the credits roll, we learn that Michiyuki Ashihara, the scientist who began it all, is still alive and working for the Shiva Consortium, which is developing Mechagodzilla.
Season 2 may provide additional context for Shiva and reveal the group’s long-term goals. They may create their own Kaiju army by using Mechagodzilla to concentrate its strength. Shiva may have to deploy Mechagodzilla to fight off any further large kaiju that come up.
It’s possible that Yun and Mei may join forces to uncover any other mysteries concealed in Ashihara’s writings. Gorou and Yun could discover a means to bring back the Jet Jaguar, or rather, a variation of it. Ashihara’s methods of enduring youth and life will probably be exposed in the next season.
Godzilla Singular Point: Production Studio
Godzilla Singular Point was produced by Studio Bones and Studio Orange, and Netflix owns the rights to the series. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, My Hero Academia, and Mob Psycho 100 are just a few of Studio Bones’ major successes.
Even though they didn’t begin full-scale production of anime until 2013, Studio Orange has a number of excellent works to their credit. Their canon includes such works as Black Bullet, Dimension W, and Beastars. This is the first anime these studios have ever worked on together, and it shows in Godzilla Singular Point.
Godzilla Singular Point Season 2 Trailer
There hasn’t been an official trailer since there is no confirmation that there will be a new season of the show. However, the first season of Godzilla: Singular Point has an official trailer available on Netflix, Crunchyroll, and YouTube.