The initial idea for Ghosts in the UK involved airing on BBC One. Numerous people contributed to the conception and writing of Horrible Histories. Since the first two seasons of Ghosts were well received, fans are counting down the days until the third season premieres.
The protagonists, a young couple who have just inherited a house in the country, are haunted by a group of spirits. CBS also produced an American adaptation, which was met with critical acclaim. Find out everything you need to know about Season 3 of Ghosts right here.
Ghosts Season 3 Renewal Status
The show has been picked up by CBS for the 2023–24 season. There is currently no confirmation of what will happen to Ghosts Season 3 as of yet. Many viewers are wondering if the fate of their favorite comedy series is going to be renewed or canceled.
It is important to remember, however, that the ultimate choice rests with network executives, who take into account things like ratings, production expenses, and general reaction. Fans of “What About Ghosts?” can only cross their fingers and wait for further information about the show’s future.
Ghosts Season 3 Release Date
The third season premiere of Ghosts has been set for Monday, August 9 at 8:30 p.m. on BBC One, with subsequent episodes running every Monday at the same time thereafter. Star and co-creator Laurence Rickard revealed on Twitter that filming for the third season began at the beginning of February and would wrap up in April.
Samantha and Jay, the new proprietors, like a wide variety of libations. After Samantha inherits it, Jay at first declines to keep it. A near-death experience has given Samantha the ability to communicate with the departed. After hearing Samantha’s request, Jay immediately acts on it. Inn-keeping is something they want to get into. The spirits are first dubious, but they warm up to the idea to varied degrees throughout time. They also enjoy watching TV and using laptops. Samantha has the ability to communicate and see them, and while Jay is initially skeptical, at the beginning of season two, he wants the same ability.
The ghosts represent many different eras, every one having its own unique intelligence and quirks, which are all represented here. All of them are here since they passed away on the estate on various dates. At first glance, they seem ordinary, but upon further inspection, we discover that they are anything but.
Ghosts Season 3 Cast and characters
- Rose McIver as Samantha “Sam” Arondekar, a freelance journalist who, after an accident that leaves her dead for three minutes, revives with the ability to see, hear, and interact with ghosts.
- Utkarsh Ambudkar as Jay Arondekar, Samantha’s husband and a chef with many typically “nerdy” interests such as comic books, films, video games, and Dungeons & Dragons.
- Brandon Scott Jones as Captain Isaac Higgintoot, an initially closeted gay Continental Army officer who died of dysentery two weeks after the siege of Fort Ticonderoga and has been largely forgotten by history, making him immensely jealous of the more famous Alexander Hamilton.
- Danielle Pinnock as Alberta Haynes, a flamboyant Prohibition-era Lounge singer who was murdered by drinking strychnine-laced moonshine.
- Richie Moriarty as Pete Martino, a cheerful, friendly, and polite but socially awkward travel agent and Pinecone Trooper leader of Italian descent who died in 1985 when one of his scouts accidentally shot him through the neck with an arrow.
- Asher Grodman as Trevor Lefkowitz, the most recently deceased of the ghosts, a wealthy, womanizing, hard-partying stockbroker of Jewish ancestry who died in 2000 from a heart attack, caused by an accidental drug overdose, while not wearing pants.
- Sheila Carrasco as Susan Montero/”Flower”, a cheerful and sweet but naive and forgetful hippie who lived in both a commune and a cult in the 1960s.
- Devan Chandler Long as Thorfinn/”Thor”, an aggressive, often overly dramatic Viking from Norway and the oldest of the ghosts
- Rebecca Wisocky as Henrietta “Hetty” Woodstone, the uptight lady of the manor, Sam’s great-great-great-great-aunt, and wife of the original owner of the Woodstone country estate.
- Román Zaragoza as Sasappis/”Sass”, a cynical Lenape Native American, who often serves as the voice of reason for the other ghosts.
Ghosts Season 3 Plot
As evidence of their appreciation for Ghosts’ brand of ghostly humor, CBS has renewed the show for a third season. Season 3 of Ghosts will air regularly on CBS in the fall, something fans have to look forward to. We have some information that may interest those of you who are looking forward to reading the next book in the series.
Season 3 of Ghosts has yet to have a plot announced, however, creators Port and Wiseman have said they want to continue one plot point from Season 2. What happens at the end of Season 2 will have a major impact on what happens in Season 3.
Sam and Jay see a strange light coming from the house near the end of the second season, leading them to believe that one of the spirits has died and been “sucked off” to the afterlife. The ghost’s true identity has not been revealed, but Jay is holding out hope that it is Trevor.
One of the key goals of the upcoming season is to find out which ghost has passed on and how it would affect the rest of the characters. We’ll be required to wait for the launch of the series to learn the answers to these questions and find out what happens next. However, at this time, this is what we know about Ghosts Season 3.
Ghosts Season 2 Rating
More than 9 million people tune in to CBS every week to watch the show. According to Nielsen’s 7-day average ratings, it is watched by 9.15 million people. It’s tied with Young Sheldon as CBS’s top comedy show. IMDb gives it a 7.9/10, and critics on Rotten Tomatoes give it an average score of 96%. In terms of network ratings, the show is crushing it.
Ghosts Season 3 Trailer
Not at this time. However, the premiere of the new series is expected to occur soon.
Where to watch Ghosts Season?
The critically acclaimed comedy series is available on reputable streaming services for any interested viewers. All episodes of CBS’s dramas are available on CBS.com, Amazon Prime, and VootSelect.