Ghost Doctor, the newest medical drama on TvN, has quickly gained a devoted fan base because of its brilliant cast, eclectic mix of genres, and original story. The 16-episode series featuring Rain and Kim Bum premiered on January 3, 2022, and ended on February 22, 2022. It was a critical and commercial success. Rain’s return to television after an absence of three years was a major factor in the show’s success.
Fans have eagerly anticipated new episodes of the show because of the buzz surrounding Rain’s connection with Kim. There has been no official confirmation of a second season of Ghost Doctor, despite the show’s success and viewership. But we think there should be more installments in the series. Now that that’s out of the way, here’s everything we know about when and how a potential second season of Ghost Doctor will premiere, as well as any major narrative twists and a teaser trailer:
Ghost Doctor Season 2 Renewal Status
On January 3, 2022, TVN aired the first episode of the first season of the K-drama series. Meanwhile, with the premiere of the season finale on February 22, 2022, the show officially concluded. The debut of Ghost Doctor Season 2 is eagerly anticipated by viewers who have already seen every episode of the first season in one sitting. Unfortunately, neither the show’s home network, tvN, nor the showrunner has provided any information about the show’s future. However, it is important to keep in mind that most Korean television shows have a bleak future. As a result, we can’t advise fans to have high expectations.
Ghost Doctor Season 2 Release Date
As of this writing, there has been no confirmation of a second season of Ghost Doctor, hence there is no set launch date. Fans shouldn’t expect to see it until 2023, based on its previous airing style, and that’s if the showrunners order its next episodes soon. Remember that this is merely a guess and that production interruptions or cancellations could push the release date to another month or perhaps another year.
Ghost Doctor Storyline
The drama unfolded in a hospital where the protagonist, Cha Young Min, was the top doctor. Unwittingly, he plotted to cause an accident that put him into a coma. Despite the fact that his spirits leave his body during the coma and become specters, He stays for three months and gains a lot of insight into life and ethics during that time.
Ghost Doctor Cast
- Rain as Cha Young-min: 38 years old, a genius cardiothoracic surgeon who has a golden hand
- Kim Bum as Go Seung-tak: 28 years old, 1st year thoracic surgery resident, a “silver spoon” resident in the hospital as his grandfather is the founder of the hospital
- Uee as Jang Se-jin: 38 years old, Cha Young-min’s love interest and an overseas and genius neurosurgeon
- Son Na-eun as Oh Soo-jeong: 28 years old, a highly talented emergency room intern
- Sung Dong-il as Tes/Oh Joo-myung: a genius and compassionate cardiothoracic surgeon before his death in the age of 60s.
- Tae In-ho as Han Seung-won: in the mid ’30s, Executive Director, Go Seung-tak’s older cousin.
- Park Chul-min as Ban Tae-sik: in early ’50s. Chief of Thoracic Surgery.
- Ko Sang-ho as Ahn Tae-hyun: 34 years old, 4th year as a thoracic surgery fellow
- Ahn Tae-hwan as Kim Jae-won: 29 years old, a third-year cardiothoracic surgeon, who has a simple and clear personality.
- Kim Jae-yong as Lee Seon-ho: 30 years old. 4th-year thoracic surgery resident
- Seo Ji-young as Go Seong-hye: chairman of the Medical Foundation
- Choi Seok-won as Hun-gil: a coma ghost who dreams of becoming an actor
- Yoon So-hee as Im Bo-mi: a coma ghost who feels pressured by her mother to be a professor
- Han Seung-hyun as Hwang Guk-chan: a coma ghost whose family owns a walnut cookie shop
- Yoon Da-kyung as Seong Mi-ran: Go Seung-tak’s mother. A person with two sides
- Hwang Seok-jeong as Mrs. Kim: hospital’s custodian.
- Park So-eun as Nurse Jung
- Shin Soo-hang as emergency room doctor.
- Kim Jung-hwan as doctor.
- Baek Ik-nam as doctor
- Jeon Se-yong as internship interviewer
- Bae Ki-bum as OR anesthesiologist
- Lee Tae-sung as Jang Min-ho
- Lee Moon-soo as Chairman Jang Kwang-deok
- Woo Yong-hee as paramedic
- Park Sung-kyun as a medical school professor
- Kim Woo-jin as a paramedic
- Lee Kyu-hyun as mysterious motorcycle man
- Kim Jung-woon as Jang Min-ho’s secretary
- Sugar Glider as Cha Mandu
Ghost Doctor Season 2 Plot
Cha Young-Mi, a talented surgeon who is unpleasant toward patients, and Go Seung Tak, a resident surgeon doctor who has extensive medical knowledge but few skills, are the protagonists of the film Ghost Doctor. The two become close after a tragic event that results in Young Min’s spirit leaving his body and inhabiting Seung Tak’s, with the latter becoming a coma ghost. After months in a coma, Young Min returns to work at the end of Season 1 having learned the value of every individual life.
After a brief period of mutual dislike, Young Min asks to Go Seung-take to assist him in all future operations, and the two develop a touching friendship. Jang Se-jin changes her mind and moves in with her boyfriend Young Min instead of continuing her studies in the United States. Tess, who has spent the better part of two decades aimlessly wandering the hospital, likewise finally checks out. There is no lingering mystery or unresolved story points from the first season.
Ghost Doctor Season 2 Trailer
The Ghost Doctor season 2 trailer will not be released until the show has been renewed. I’m holding out hope that the show’s makers would surprise its audience with some exciting news, like the early publication of upcoming episodes.