Benefits of learning about the history
1. It enables you to know about the world around you, each era has left its mark on this planet so better understand it also helps you understand your roots, where your country came from, and how it developed into what it is today.
2. It enables you to develop a better understanding of other people around the world having an appreciation of the different cultures that exist on this planet.
3. It helps you develop a better understanding of life and what it means to be human, we learn from each other’s mistakes and triumphs and history can give us that much-needed push in the right direction.
4. Understanding how the world works make you realize that no matter who is elected into office there will always be an opposition party, it is how the democratic system works.
5. Understanding your country’s history makes you realize that if you are not happy with what is going on around you then make an effort to make changes happen because everything starts from the individual.
6. It gives you a better sense of history, history comes alive through stories and there are so many stories to be told.
7. It enables you to make plans for the future, if you know how your country or community was built then you can build it into something that works even better.
8. Understanding history will enable you to have a better understanding of who are the good people and who are the bad people in society, this alone will help you develop a better sense of right and wrong.
9. It enables you to understand how the world today was built, everything that happened in the past has contributed in one way or another to what we see around us today.
10. You become more knowledgeable about life in general having an understanding of different issues facing people.
11. History helps you look beyond the present moment, it helps you realize that life is a journey and things will not always be the same so better prepare yourself for what is yet to come.
12. You become a better problem solver because history helps you understand different ways in which issues have been tackled in the past so if there is a problem facing you now it’s worth checking out how others dealt with them in the past.
13. It enables you to understand your country and continent better because history is always told from the perspective of those who are victorious, if there is something wrong then most likely people will not want to talk about that so you need to go back into the past and find out.
14. There is always a story to tell, we live in an era where people think they know everything so do not talk much, understanding the history of your family means there is always something new to add as it unfolds with each generation that passes on.
15. It enables you to become wiser with age because you have learned that life is never easy but if you are well educated about your country’s history then it becomes easier to deal with life’s challenges.
16. You discover that there is always more than meets the eye, understanding how some people become successful will help you understand what went into such success and how to develop those skills for yourself.
17. It helps you look beyond the present moment, if you understand your past then this will set a benchmark for future generations to build on that foundation.
18. It enables you to develop problem-solving skills because history is mostly about solving problems whether it was during ancient times or modern times so understanding the different ways in which people solved problems in the past will teach you to develop that skill.
19. You learn that people do not always say what is on their minds, they have reasons for doing things so if someone does something wrong it could be because they are trying to uphold a family name or maybe there is more at play than meets the eye so understanding history helps you identify this.
20. It helps you understand what is going on around you, you begin to see patterns in how people think and act because this has been going on for a long time so it’s important that you understand the past in order to comprehend what is happening today.
5 importance of studying history:
1. to know the cause of present problems
2. to find out better solutions for these problems
3. no need to repeat the same mistakes in future
4. to understand our progress over past years and learn from it
5. attitude to make us more open-minded towards others & their believes/beliefs.
importance of history in society:-
1. to give a better picture of society
2. to know the social life of people in the past & compare with our lives now
3. it helps to have an insight into future generations’ thinking.
4. gives us a deeper understanding of human beings and his/her nature, society, and civilization
5. history helps us to know the world in which we live.