Benefits of Jackfruit and its Seed Nutrition
1) jackfruit reduces the risk of breast cancer
2) young leaves, salted and fried in oil are a great way to get rid of intestinal worms.
3) ripe fruit eaten with salt offers a cure for stomach aches and diarrhea.
4) opening the fruit’s shell will reveal small, edible bulbs inside. If eaten as such, they offer a cure for diarrhea.
5) if you eat the fruit’s seeds boiled or roasted, it cures the same problem. Another way to consume them is to mix them with salt and oil and apply them to wounds.
6) if you drink water in which jackfruit has been cooked, it helps dissolve kidney stones.
7) the bark of the root is a great laxative. Eating it with salt offers relief from stomachaches and diarrhea.
8) if you turn jackfruit into a powder, mix it with coconut oil and apply it to infected wounds or mix it with salt and make a paste for application on sores, ulcers, and swollen joints.
9) if you eat the fruit with salt or turn it into a powder, heat up oil and fry the jackfruit in it. The resulting mixture applied to the head dissolves dandruff.
10) If you boil ripe fruits in water and drink this infusion every morning, you will be cured of diarrhea caused by drinking unclean water. Also, it will help you lose weight.
11) Another use for ripe fruits is to rub them onto the body before bathing to keep insects away.
12) If jackfruit juice is drunk with salt on an empty stomach, it can be used as a laxative.
13) Ripe jackfruit seeds boiled in coconut oil are effective if used to treat leprosy.
14) If you apply the seeds, boiled in coconut oil, to an aching tooth, it will cure the pain.
15) Jackfruit flowers are considered effective in curing poisoning caused by eating brinjal or any other fruit containing toxins.
16) The bark of the jackfruit tree helps heal wounds and ulcers.
17) Beetles that live on the jackfruit tree secrete a substance that helps get rid of warts and other growths on the body. The bark helps cure leprosy. Boiled together with jaggery, it can be applied to cuts and sores to relieve pain.
18) Drinking a mixture of the bark and leaves boiled with water cures diarrhea and is an effective laxative.
19) The boiled fruits help cure stomach aches and can be used as a remedy for dysentery, bowel complaints, fever, ulcers, and skin disease.
20) A concoction of flowers brewed in coconut oil and drank is effective in curing stomach aches and piles.
21) If jackfruit’s skin is cut and boiled with jaggery and the resulting mixture was taken for 3 consecutive days, it cures constipation.
22) For boils or ulcers on the body, make a paste of ground leaves and apply it to the infected area several times a day.
23) Extract the juice of unripe fruits and apply it to the scalp before shampooing. It will kill head lice.
24) The bark’s decoction, boiled with coconut oil, can be used as an ointment for wounds.
25) One-fourth cup of jackfruit seed fruit pulp contains calcium, phosphorus, iron, carbohydrates, protein, and fat.
26) The bark of the tree is effective in treating bronchitis.
27) Crushed jackfruit seeds can be used as tooth powder.
28) Jackfruit seeds boiled in coconut oil are applied to treat leprosy. You may have heard of a unique, naturally occurring phenomenon where raindrops have a bluish or greenish color.
This can be observed during the monsoon season when the sky is filled with dark clouds and it becomes difficult to distinguish the difference between light and shadow. The sight of blue water droplets came as a surprise for many scientists, who even tried to replicate this event in a laboratory to no avail.
According to one theory, this could be due to the reflection of blue light by raindrops containing sulfuric acid and bacteria. It has also been observed that in cases where there was a low concentration of bacteria, the resultant color produced would be yellowish or reddish-brown.
Disadvantages of jackfruit :
– too high in sugar
– can be messy to eat, get sticky fingers easily so not good for kids
– seeds are edible but have a strong taste and texture, not everyone likes them.
Jackfruit benefits for skin :
– can be used as a face mask to help clean pores and reduce acne – helps treat dry skin – great fruit to eat for glowing skin
Jackfruit benefits and side effects :
– can help prevent cancer – increases metabolism – high in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants – boosts brain function – rich in dietary fiber
It’s also an excellent source of potassium, which helps lower blood pressure. Plus, this fruit is reported to be the only one containing detoxifying and cleansing benzene chloro-quinine and is, therefore, a sure way to rid the body of harmful pathogens.
Jackfruit seed nutrition:
– high in protein (protein builds muscle and repairs cells)
– high in vitamins A, B6, C, E
– rich in omega fatty acids – good source of calcium, iron, and magnesium.
– can be used as a natural pesticide for plants
– good source of thiamin, niacin, folate, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, and potassium.
Benefits of jackfruit leaves:
– can be used as a hair mask to increase shine and smoothness – contains natural sunscreen – packed with antioxidants, compounds that protect the body from free radicals which are known to contribute to cancer growth
– Jackfruit leaves are also extremely useful for treating acne. They help to reduce inflammation caused due to acne by acting as an anti-inflammatory agent.
– antifungal, antibacterial, and antiviral properties can be found in jackfruit leaves
– good for weight loss – helps boost the immune system by increasing the body’s production of white blood cells and antimicrobial peptides (antibacterial proteins).
– contains compounds like saponin and quillaja that help to reduce inflammation
– anti-cancer properties are found in jackfruit leaves due to the presence of antioxidant compounds
– they are also being researched for their antitumor properties. Place one Jackfruit leaf on your tongue, wait 5 minutes and you can see or feel an intense tingling sensation. This is caused by the release of an enzyme known as “polyphenol oxidase”, which can help to alleviate arthritis pain.
– anti-inflammatory properties are also found in the leaf due to its high quercetin content
– can increase blood circulation – helps treat diarrhea because of being rich in dietary fiber – contains compounds called triterpenoids that have been shown to reduce the severity of diarrhea
– helps to improve liver function – anti-bacterial properties are found in Jackfruit leaves due to their high quercetin content.
– helps treat symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) – jackfruit leaves are extremely rich in dietary fiber and help to promote bowel health – can be used as a natural pesticide for plants
Benefits of jackfruit for diabetes:
– can be eaten for high blood sugar, high cholesterol, and high triglycerides – regulates blood glucose levels
– helps to lower the risk of developing heart disease – reduces diabetic neuropathy (nerve pains or tingling sensations usually felt in the toes)
– helps prevent atherosclerosis (hardening of arteries)
– anti-inflammatory properties help to reduce pain, such as diabetic neuropathy
– can be used as a natural cure for diabetes since jackfruit is high in fiber and potassium
– reduces the risk of glaucoma
– can help treat diabetes by regulating blood flow
– protects the heart against damage caused by high cholesterol levels
– anti-inflammatory properties are found in jackfruit due to its high quercetin content
– helps lower bad cholesterol (LDL) and increase good cholesterol (HDL) – reduces the risk of developing metabolic syndrome – helps treat symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
– high in fiber to help promote bowel health – contains compounds called triterpenoids that have been shown to reduce the severity of diarrhea
Effects of jackfruit when pregnant:
– can be eaten for morning sickness because it has natural antiemetic properties – protects the heart against damage caused by high cholesterol levels – prevents blood clots and reduces the risk of heart attack
– can help prevent gestational diabetes (type 2 diabetes that develops during pregnancy)
– contains folate, an important vitamin for pregnant women and their babies. Folate is required to make red blood cells and DNA in the body
– regulates blood glucose levels
– reduces the risk of developing gestational diabetes – helps treat symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
– can help reduce high blood pressure, common during pregnancy
Effects of jackfruit when breastfeeding:
– good source of calcium for lactating or nursing mothers
– calcium is an essential mineral for proper bone development in babies
– contains high levels of vitamin C, which helps to increase the absorption of iron in breast milk – can help treat symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)