Benefits of Eating Dates
Dates are considered the oldest cultivated fruit in the world, and the first fruit mentioned in the Quran. They were known by ancient Arabs as “the food of sustenance” and “fruit of blessedness”. The value dates hold in Arabic culture is reflected in two names they were given: Al Tayer (one who brings happiness) and Al Baqqar (one who quenches thirst).
Some of the amazing health benefits of eating dates are:
(1) Dates help in the secretion of hydrochloric acid, which is necessary for the well-functioning of the digestive system. They also stimulate appetite and aid digestion. Dates are high in fiber, which helps make you feel full and helps lower blood cholesterol levels.
(2) Dates contain a variety of vitamins and minerals including vitamin B6, magnesium, potassium, copper, iron, selenium, and zinc.
(3) The fiber content in dates makes them an effective laxative. They have no fat or cholesterol and are low in sodium which is another reason they are good for the heart.
(4) Dates have a low glycemic index, making them beneficial to those with diabetes or hypoglycemia.
(5) Eating dates are great for pregnant women as it provides necessary nutrients that help in maintaining blood pressure and increases hemoglobin levels which result in increased immunity of the mother and better delivery.
(6) The high level of antioxidants, which fight free radicals in the body, makes dates great for skin diseases such as psoriasis and eczema.
Studies have shown that dates contain anti-carcinogenic properties and help prevent stomach cancer. They are also good for women during menopause due to the high level of phytoestrogens.
(7) Dates are good for the heart and have anti-inflammatory properties, which help fight inflammation in tissues. They are packed with potassium which helps lower blood pressure and keeps the heart healthy.
(8) Dates are beneficial to pregnant women because they contain folic acid that is necessary for the proper development of the fetus.
(9) The potassium in dates helps reduce muscle cramps and eases migraine pain.
(10) Dates are a good source of antioxidants, which help fight free radical damage to our cells and DNA, ultimately helping us avoid cancer and other chronic conditions. (11) Drinking a glass of milk with dates will provide the body with all the nutrients it needs. Dates contain magnesium and calcium, which help improve bone health and prevents osteoporosis.
(12) A few studies have suggested that dates may help reduce inflammation related to asthma and arthritis, but more research is needed in this area.
Calorie content: 47 Kcal per 100 g of fresh fruit. Energy value 157 Kcal per 100 g of dried fruit.
(13) Dates are rich in iron, which not only helps prevent anemia but also increases the hemoglobin levels in children, pregnant women, and menstruating women.
(14) The high potassium content in dates ensures sustained energy by regulating the fluid balance in the body.
(15) Dates are good for diabetics as they contain low levels of sucrose and glucose which cause sudden spikes in blood sugar levels. They also stimulate insulin production which lowers blood sugar levels. This is one of the primary reasons why dates are recommended to diabetics instead of sugary desserts.
(16) Dates are used in the preparation of several herbal medicines.
soaked dates benefits :
It is one of the most common and popular fruit among all other fruits which are available on earth. The date palm contains a lot of benefits for our health such as it’s good to eat, gives energy and many more. But today we will talk about soaked dates benefits. Soaked Dates or Khajoor result in different types of nutrients such as fiber, antioxidants, and minerals.
In addition to this soaked dates benefits from the help of diseases such as mouth disease, ulcers throat problems, and many more. Soaked dates are excellent for those individuals who want to lose weight quickly because these kinds of fruits have a lot of fibers that help to reduce our weight easily. These days due to busy life schedules a lot of people have a problem with their health and fitness.
Dates benefits for skin:
Soaked dates are very helpful in the formation of our body, if we want to keep our stomach healthy and fit soaked dates should be used daily. Soaked Dates benefits for skin are also very good. If a person has a lot of pimples on their face, they can make a paste by mixing a few soaked dates with milk and apply it on their face regularly.
Dates benefit diabetes:
Soaked dates are very important to keep the stomach healthy and fit because these kinds of fruits have a lot of fibers that help to reduce our weight easily. These days due to busy life schedules a lot of people have a problem with their health and fitness.
Soaked Dates for diabetes are very special because these types of fruits help to control sugar levels in our body naturally without any side effects. Moreover, Soaked Date’s benefit for skin is also very good. If a person has a lot of pimples on their face, they can make a paste by mixing a few soaked dates with milk and apply it on their face regularly.
Dates benefits cholesterol:
These kinds of fruits are very helpful to remove the toxins out of the body. Soaked Dates helps to keep blood sugar level normal which prevents us from different types of heart and kidney diseases.